You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Bedtime Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Bedtime Experience

 

My name is Danny and I live in Ohio. Forgive me if my spelling is incorrect for I am publishing from my phone. I decided to publish my story because of a horrible event that recently happened to me. I came here for answers in the hope that someone could help me and explain what this spirit wants from me. I am 16 years of age and I have an older brother and a younger brother. I live in quite a big house and it is a relatively old house. I am quite a sports fanatic and am for fit for my age.

My first encounter was when I was about 14 years old; I had a separate room and slept right next to my parents' room. My brother slept downstairs on the coaches for his room was being remodelled and he couldn't sleep in my baby brothers room because he cried multiple times during the night.

It was spring time and we were on spring break so I stayed up until midnight watching TV with my brother. I remember it was raining and my parents were asleep and we were watching "Hulk" on our flat screen. After the film ended my brother fell asleep in the basement and I went upstairs to my room. I rolled into bed and was trying to fall asleep but couldn't find a comfortable position. I cracked the window open a little so I could hear the rain hitting against my window. I quickly went downstairs and took a sleeping pill to doze off quickly. As I walked back up and lay in my bed I stared at the ceiling waiting for the pill to kick in. Suddenly I realized someone closed my window as I went downstairs. For some reason my entire body felt cold and I could feel my blood pressure rising and an increase in my heart rate. I always had a superstition that a ghost was in my closet and it is ALWAYS closed before I went to bed. I felt stiff and I felt very scared, I began praying in my head asking god to protect me. And as I started praying my north face jacket fell in my closet causing a pounding sound in my closet. At this point I was very scared and I felt like I couldn't do anything so I closed my eyes and waited for something to happen. The only thing that happened was my baby brother started crying so I felt a bit better knowing my mom had to wake up to go calm him down. Sadly this wasn't the end to my terrible night.

It was about 1:30 at night and I was almost to the point of falling asleep when suddenly I heard a laugh/scream of a child's voice right next to my bed. My eyes shot open and I saw what looked like a girl with long black hair and pale white skin pointing at me. I starting praying asking god for forgiveness and the spirit dismissed itself. I kept blaming the vision on the sleeping pill and its side effects. At this point I was exhausted and fell asleep. I don't remember what happened after for I was very tired but I woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I was being choked to death and the only word I could say was Jesus! I suddenly had a burst of energy and looked up to see the spirit at the edge of my bed. I felt like I was being protected and to this day I screamed at the top of my lungs "Get the f%* (out of my room!" I was blinking rapidly to try to dispose of this image of the spirit but it just kept looking at me laughing and taunting me. My dad stormed in and the spirit disappeared. I explained to him what happened and he told me to take a look at my eyes. I was shocked to see my eyes were completely red and looked as if they were blood shot. This is what convinced me that what I saw was effects from the sleeping pill.

The next day I sadly got sick and spent the entire day moving my stuff to my baby brothers room and taking his room. I haven't encountered anything serious after that night and had no trouble sleeping. My dad still believes that it was from the sleeping pill considering it hasn't occurred after I moved rooms but I still believe there is a very unpleasant presents that's in that room. My baby brother hasn't had anything happen to him besides more frequent crying during the night. I don't care if you guys don't believe this story. I wouldn't waste my time publishing this if it wasn't true. I want to know your opinions what you think it wants.

Why is it still in that room.

Is it a demon?

Please help

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daniel662, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dawniie31 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
The girl you saw had white skin and Black hair? I think i've seen her too. It was in my living room and I glanced near my front door and saw a girl, she looked exactly like the way you described her, but she was wearing a hospital dress, was she wearing one too? After I saw her, random bruises appeared all over my arms, maybe she is a Demon. 😢
- Dawn
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
Okay scary! Did you have any marks or redness on your neck from being choked? Did you tell your mom about this also and what did she think?

A couple of things... Something else is going on if you and your parents think it is the norm for a 14 year old to take a sleeping pill. Not sure if we are getting the entire story.

Also I wonder why you are so defensive? In your story you end it by saying "I don't care if you guys don't believe this story". Why would you say that right off the bat? I have been on this site for awhile now and most people here have had something paranormal happen to them so "we" collectively are a normally believing bunch in this world of so many non-believers. Just wondering why you stated that? It could just be your very young age, not sure.

Best of luck to you though... This certainly would have terrified the best of us especially with the girl that looks just like the "Ring" girl crawling out of the Tv.

Zeta.
owensnee1 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
Ha Ha! It's funny because he said nothing's happened to his baby brother in that room except more frequent crying! I guess he WAS crying a little bit more. If the only way to convey my feelings of raw and utter horror at being stuck in a hell-room was by crying, then yeah, I'd most likely do it a little bit more frequently. You know, just to get somebody's attention or something.
navy123 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
i stumbled upon your story and read all the comments, I don't think your a coward 😊
jasmineh (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
That was really interesting to read! I really feel for you Daniel, sometimes I get scared at night time and it is really scary, I feel like someone will hurt me or whatever, lately I have just been waking up at 3am which is really creepy, the witching hour, but I think you do have a demon in your house. I would recommend getting a house blessing by a priest, OR if you want to do something about it yourself, maybe burning some sage and going into the room and into the corners of the room and saying a prayer while asking the entity to go back from which it came, and it repeating this method while letting the smoke of the sage go into the corners of the room to get rid of all the negative energy and release positive energy instead. Give it a try 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Daniel,

Jav can be very blunt and to the point. She is also Honest to a Fault and simply calls them as she 'see's them'. There are those that take that as her being Rude and Mean Spirited and it is simply not the case.

Start a Journal, keep track of any experiences that may be happening to you... In your old room or with-in the house in general. By writing them down right after they happen and the details are fresh in our minds... Then going back and reading what happened goes a long way to helping an individual to de-bunking the experience... If every natural cause can be ruled out... Then you are left with is 'outside the norm' and therefor Paranormal.

Respectfully,

Rook
Daniel662 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Thank you rook I respect your opinion and will take into consideration. If only there were more people on this site Like you unlike some rude people here. Jav your argument is childish and I am amazed at how you judge and argue with 16 year old teens. You should be ashamed of yourself. I didn't do anything to affend you and you begin insulting me on how I'm the bad guy in this situation. Please get off my page and don't comment on my story's. To the rest I thank you for your comments/opinions. Calling a 14 year old a coward? Pitiful
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Excuse me Daniel, but your refusal to see what was wrong in your narrative, as far as letting your little brother take your place, is not our problem. It's yours. You had a total and complete freak out over something you yourself say could have been the effects of some sleep medication. However, at the time that it occurred, you were the one pissing all over yourself. You keep telling us that if we saw what you saw, we would be pissing all over ourselves, correct? BUT... In the very same breath you say your little brother was in no danger whatsoever. WELL? Which is it? Make up your mind kid.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
I think we have a real clue right here at the end of this story as to what may have caused the 'haunting'. While I do not know how young you little brother is it sounds as if nothing is happening to him in that room. His 'increased' amount of crying could be due to the 'room switch' itself and the fact it caused him stress.

As for your 'bravery'...perhaps the room switch was due to more than you being 'scared'...we have never met your Parents, nor you so that question is a bit moot... However I wonder if part of the room change was to better monitor your 'casual use' of sleeping pills...

Scratches and Dents on the inside of closet doors can have many causes... And every natural cause needs to be eliminated before the Paranormal can be considered...

As far as the information and details provided in your 'experience' go... What you have provided suggests 'Natural Causes'...possibly related to medication rather than anything 'Paranormal'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Daniel662 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
I never said I can top anything it's just how can you call me a coward after what happened to me...? I came here for help not being judged on...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Well Daniel,
This is a ghost site. What makes you think that you have seen anything scarier than anyone else has seen? Have you read each and every story we have posted here? You do know there are over 10, 000 stories in the archives of this site alone, right? And you think yours can top all of those?

Jav
Daniel662 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
I just want to say if you call me a coward for moving rooms you are sadly mistaken as I wrote before in the comments I moved
Rooms for multiple reasons. You honestly think I would just leave my baby brother there and leave him with a spirit in there? We cleansed the room we prayed over it! You handicaps think I just ran out and was to scared to go back I the room? ANOTHER reason is cause my dad wanted me to move rooms! He didn't believe there was anything spiritual in the room only the sleeping pills. I posted this story to get opinion answers and I get judged what a messed up site. You guys call me cowards? I can promise you guys wouldn't stand a second in that rooms while under the effect of the sleeping pill. I slept there to the very end even after seeing what I saw. You cowards would have pisses yourselves and ran out like the panzys you are! The room is fine now and my baby brother has never experienced or saw anything so shut the hell up! I am ashamed at how judgmental this website is I'm Gunna end up puting this story down for lack of maturity and the rudeness on this site. For those people who gave me
Legit answers I thank you and sorry for this.
LydiaJoi10 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Daniel,
Like adsouza I just happened across your story due to the comments and felt your story to be interesting. However, I feel your experience may have been a result of the medication you had taken, those sleep aids could very well cause auditory and visual delusions. Also, night/sleep terrors, which most who have this share similar experiences to yours. Moreso, I couldn't help but be troubled by the fact you would move your younger brother out of his room (so that you may reside there) and into a room that you think possesses some malevolent spirit that wants nothing more but to taunt and torment you. Hopefully for your brother's sake it was just the medication or possible night/sleep terrors.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Daniel,
I'm surprised at you! You don't see a thing wrong with you taking your younger brother's room and him moving into the one you are so deathly afraid to sleep in? What's wrong with you? Is it the NEW generation crap, or what? My daughters would never do anything like that to each other. THEY ARE FAMILY! Just in case you don't get what Moongrim was trying to relate to you, let me put it this way.
My girls would kick your butt, you coward! Knowing the bad experience you had. The one that scared you so badly you needed to change rooms. You let them move your LITTLE BROTHER in there in place of you. That makes you a coward. Plain and simple. Where do you get off acting like it's no big deal? Oh sure, he's fine in that room now...
But you didn't KNOW that he would be when you switched rooms. Yeah, I think you have your priorities way out of whack kid. I protected my sisters from everything! That includes a few of my older sisters too. Nobody was going to mess with my siblings without going through me first. THAT'S FAMILY!
Shoot, this story is just BS anyway. Parents don't leave sleeping pills out where a 14 year old can get them at will. If they do... Well let's just stop at you.

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Dude, I sure as heck wouldn't leave my haunted bedroom to allow a much younger brother to take up residence in it for me.

At the very least I'd sack out on the couch. Until you move your baby brother's stuff back into his original room- you're a coward and a reprobate.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Daniel - I stumbled upon your story because of the comments. I read your account and I am convinced there is no ghost there. You are absolutely correct in believing that it was an effect of the sleeping pills.
Word of advice - Stay off the pills. Focus on the fitness and sports and you will be fine.

Oh and I saw your doubt in your post, and I quote " How can you fight something that has no physical form?" - Trust me on this, it can be done, and quite well at that!
EpicSpiritz (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
You should get some history on the house. Try to communicate with it, reach an understanding. I have had similar experiences and I try to reason with the spirit. If that doesn't work, get help from a demonologist.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Excuse me, Daniel, I need to borrow your page for a minute.

Ghosthater55 - I normally don't read a story only once before discarding (not deleting, by the way) it. Most of the time I will read it a couple of times or I'll get up from the computer and do something else before I send it back to the person who wrote it. In this case, you. No one likes to get their story rejected because it makes you feel like no one believes you. I've had one of my stories rejected too.

But sometimes, no matter how many times I read a story, there just isn't evidence in the story that shows there was a ghost. And I'd rather return your story to you and let you get pissed off at me for returning it than put your story on here and have people make fun of you or throw the b*llsh*t blankie on it.

I thought I made the better choice.
ghosthater55 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
miracles?
You deleted my story and it did have to do with ghosts 😠 you didn't read it again probably though 😢 😭
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Daniel - I'd like to address the sleeping pills issue again, okay? You said your dad takes 2-3 sleeping pills almost every day and you were 14 when you took 1.

Daniel, there is a huge difference between a adult man and a 14-year-old boy. Your tolerance for the sleeping pill would not be the same as your dad's. And if your dad is routinely taking 2-3 pills, his body has become used to this. There is also the possibility you could have experienced a side effect of the sleeping pill.

Look, I'm not saying there isn't something in your home, okay? I am, however, saying what you experienced in that room at that time could have been due to the sleeping pill.

Here is my suggestion: start a journal. Begin with this event, if this was the first one, and go from there. Write down everything you can remember, dates, times, if you were on any medication at all, even cough medicine or prescription medications, which bedroom you were in. Everything. But the most important thing is: don't lie to yourself. Be honest in the journal. It's your journal. If you saw something, you saw it. If you heard something and didn't know what it was, write it down. If you heard the same thing a different night and then figured out what it was, go back to the first night you heard it and make a note that you figured out what it was. Don't delete it or scratch it out. Just say something like, "Okay, I figured out what the noise was. It was..."

This journal will help. Trust me. Mine helped me. There are several of us on this site that keep journals. And several who keep saying they should 😉
xxdarknessreignsxx (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
That sounds like a pretty rude spirit, but I don't think it was evil necassarily. It was probably just trying to scare you to the point where you would leave the room so that it could have it all to itself, because spirits can be a little possessive like that (from what I've seen.) Although, I really disapprove of you giving your brother that room, he's just a baby so if the ghost starts taunting him it's not as if he can say anything about it or ask for help. I suggest, for your brothers sake, you try to cleanse the room with prayer or sage, whatever you believe in. Good luck!
Daniel662 (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Moongrim do you realize I didn't move rooms JUST because of the ghost. And I never said I'm some big tough guy? After you saw what I saw you would probably piss yourself so quit acting like your bigger than me cause you are not. I at least had the balls to tell you my feelings even of they were embarrassing. How can you fight something that has no physical form? I was 14 years old at the time do you actually think I wasn't scared to death? How dare you call me a demon for moving rooms...? You need to get banned from this site for lack of maturity. My baby brother is fine like I said nothing had happened to him he is at his age where he can finnaly communicate with us and hasn't said anything about seeing anything in his room. My dad slept there multiple times and hasn't seen anything but felt uneasy. Like I said my family is still convinced its from sleeping pills... If I knew my baby brother was in danger I would never let him sleep there... I came to this site looking for answers to any possibility that it might be something else...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
So let me get this straight.

Big Tough Guy- you.

Exchanges his bedroom with his baby brother, so that HE can get to enjoy scary spirits in the middle of the night?

There is a demon in that house.

You.
EmmetGetALife (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
it sounds just like the girl from the ring. Haha, but it did sound really scary! Just imagine some creepy girl standing at the end of your bed and hearing her laugh at you. How scary must that have been?
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Why is it that a lot of teenagers have a fear of closets and cabinets, is it because of stories of the boogeyman, or a primordial fear of things that live in the dark. Like a fear of venturing into caves. If I was a ghost I would not like to take up residence in someones closet. It just wouldn't seem like home.
Sepheara (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Not everyone here is of the faith of believeing in God. If you are though there is another thing you can do and which I have done in my own house many times over espcially since my husband and I are stationed in Germany. When you get those feelings like I have "I always say (and mind you if this is a demon according to the bible it HAS TO LEAVE.) "In the name of Jesus Christ I rebuke thee. Leave my house!" Telling it to get the "F" out of your house isn't going to scare it off.

I'm one of..."sensitivity" I have felt things and I feel them even stronger in this part of Germany and just recently (I live on a military base now) I experianced something with my two year old and him talking to 'something' that even my CAT'S hair stood on end when I brought him to the hall way. I said what I told you to say and I haven't had the feeling anymore. Did it work? Possibly... But I won't know until my child or my animal reacts to something like that. Innocents.

Something else as well... YES have the room prayed over. If your baby brother is in that room, you want to protect him as well, not just yourself. You said he cries more frequently. That COULD be he's seeing what you saw and he can't call out for mom and dad like you can. All he can do is cry... He can't TELL them what is wrong. So you need to pray for him and keep his safety in your thoughts too.

I wish you all the protection in the world and many blessings for you AND your family.
Daniel662 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Wow guys I didn't expect this many respances thanks for all your help. I want to reply to miracles opinion. Yes I agree with you I was convinced that it was due to sleeping pills. At the time I was only 14 and I didn't really think I would ever encounter demons and ghosts in my life until that day. Even before the event I still had a weird feeling of someone watching me in the room. But you have to realize 1 sleeping pill wouldn't cause such a clear image of what I saw. My father takes about 2-3 sleeping pills almost every day due to his sleeping problem and stress at work. He says he has never had any problems and never saw anything super natural. The reason we moved rooms was because I myself would not sleep in there and my father recommended it because he still thinks it was just because I was half asleep and seeing things. Also it would be way more easy for my mom to walk to his room for it is right next to there's instead of walking all the way down the hall every night. But I still thank you for giving me your opinion. We were thinking of getting the room prayed over by are priest but I fear it will only anger this thing. Do you guys thing it's a wise thing to do?
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Am with Miracles on this - my sense is you were hallucinating as a result of the interaction of the sleeping pill with your system. The fact that you were sick the next day plus your bloodshot eyes adds weight to this hypothesis. There are rational explanations for the other events - both the window and the jacket could have shifted, especially if the air pressure changed as a result of the storm.

However, you still had a traumatic experience, regardless of its cause. I certainly would have been scared too. Regardless of the cause you might want to pray or do whatever you feel will center you and cleanse the area of fear and trauma. Even an episode induced solely by hallucination might leave some kind of psychic residue. Just a thought.
darkrose13 (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
I think the closed window could have been caused by your mom shutting it when you weren't in the room. The scream could have been your brother screaming and crying more loudly than usual. And the girl and choking could have been sleep paralysis. Your jacket could have just fallen of its hanger by itself without it being caused by a demon. However if you feel your room has been haunted for a long time, then maybe it truly is haunted. If this happens again please post it.
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
hey Danny that was horrifying I have expirienced similar encounters and I think you have a bleesed gift to see theese... SPIRITS thanks

-ghostgirlforever 😁 ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: