You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Bedtime Terror

Real Ghost Stories

Bedtime Terror

 

This happened when I was around 16 or 17 years old, at nightime. I was sleeping and I was dreaming. It was a silly dream about Ciceron, the roman guy who was a great lawyer at Rome. I had read a novel about him and that's why I was dreaming that. But the important thing is not the dream.

I suddenly woke up, for no reason. The dream was abruptly interrupted, just like that. I noticed, horrified, that I couldn't move a single finger. I was paralized so I got scared but neither could talk. I was looking at the ceiling and a thin blanket and my sheet were covering me, the middle of my face covered too because I like it that way. My heart started beating so fast because I felt something weird. It was like a danger was near, I felt thrilled, I don't know how to describe that sensation.

The sheet and the blanket started to slide from my face, slowly but constant. I remember it so clearly, the cloth caressing the skin of my face as it went down to the foot of the bed. I tried to scream but I couldn't. I tried to move desperately with all my strength but it didn't work. Sort of a weak cry was the only thing that came out of my mouth when I tried to call my sister A. The fabric was above my chest when I could move. I grabbed my blankets and pulled them up, because something was holding them at the end of the bed, and covered my head.

I was paralized again. The same thing started, the cloth sliding from my head. I was terrified and baffled at the same time. I was asking to myself "why me?!". A brother of mine had suffered the same thing it was happening to me so that's why I was thinking that. I thought I was safe, because from all the weird events that occasionally happened at my home, none of them occurred to me. Several seconds later, when the cloth was by my chest again, I moved and succeed on calling my sister who was sleeping on the twin bed besides mine. She didn't woke up but the phenomenon stopped, it didn't happened again. I covered again and did not want to raise from my bed to turn on the lights. I was completely terrified and a lot of time passed. Well, for me it was like hours and days. I fell asleep on that period.

This is my story and I can assure you it wasn't a dream. My brother G experienced the same thing as me and some other strange things tends to happen at my house. Since that night, I fold the blankets under my feet when I go to sleep in a manner of protecting me.

Other hauntings by OktaviaObinger

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OktaviaObinger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

OktaviaObinger (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-27)
Oh, and I forgot to mentions this, but I don't know if it has some relation to all this: we have some tendency to sonambulism, from the side of my mom, it comes from her.
OktaviaObinger (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-27)
Hello guys! Thank you for taking the time to respond, and i'm really sorry it took me two years to respond. I have been passing through a lot of stuff and I forgot about my story here. I will try to give you more details about my home.

This house is around 27 years old, my dad build it from zero, he even bought the land for that purpose to our neigbor, Mr. A - (he's dead now). In my town, people say that a long time ago, where my house stands, this agricultural fields were the outskirts of the city and usually mobs and delinquents dropped the corpses of victims they have killed. I was a little disturbed when I first heard this, but it maked sense.

My parents had a lot of kids, we're 11, i'm the number 9. Since we were kids, stories about some ocurrences were told. For example, my brother P. Claims he constantly saw a "Silver Man", like a little shiny man-like shaped walking around the house. He was the only one who saw this Silver Man. My Sister C. Saw a woman in white robes, staring at her outside which was used to be our old bedroom. My sister A., the one who was sleeping with me during my Bedtime Terror, says that when she was around 8 or 9 years old, she saw a little white entity mocking (like making fart sounds and showing the tongue at her) at her at night, to her pure terror. I already mentioned my brother G. And his covers, but there is something else with him. Whenever he lived in another house when he got old, he appeared to have some bad luck, I mean, he always encountered with strange happenings wherever he went; noises, shadows, bad smells, sensations when sleeping, etc. This has stopped now, he is not haunted anymore, but it bugs me.

I hope this brings some light in the matters some of you were questioning. In this two years, more things have happened to me, some are truly intriguing xD. Maybe i'll post them soon. Lots of love from Mexico!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-04)
Hi Oktavia,

Think you maybe woke up because you sensed a presence? Sounds like it to me.

Since this happened to more than one person just maybe this ghost is somewhat of a meddler. It reminds me of someone like a grandparent going 'get that hair out of your eyes, tuck your shirt in'...'get those covers off your face'. You know, someone like that. They probably did it carefully so's not to wake you. Who knows, maybe they did it more than you guys knew. 😉
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-03)
Oktavia
I believe that you had sleep paralysis but I don't know why the sheet slid but I doubt it was a demon as canadatradesman has suggested. I have never heard of a demon being assigned to a family except for in Supernatural and Charmed. If you are worried about malevolent spirits there is a member named Rookdygin who has a cleansing/shielding on his profile page, it will take several days to complete and you may have to repeat it to make sure that your house has been cleansed/shielded. Don't worry it will only get rid of malevolent spirits but will leave behind good spirits.
Regards
Red
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-02)
Oktavia, thank you for sharing your story. I am hoping you can answer a couple of questions I had about this experience.

How long ago did this happen to you? Has anything happened like this since then?

How long before your experience did your brother have his? How often did he experience this? Just once, or more?

Do you have any other siblings that might have experienced something similar?

Are you still living in the same place?
canadatradesman88 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-02)
When I was years younger, I had a friend who explained his experience to me with great detail, and its sounded a lot like your experience. He told me that he saw a dark figure over him, pinning him down to the bed, not allowing him to move nor speak. He explained that it was something very hevy, and feeling completely helpless. After what felt like forever, he could finally move again. Prior to this incident, his father had the same experience. What they did was hang a cross on their bedroom doors. Then I guess what happened next was, that the cross's that they hung on the door, it would swing and hit the door almost like someone was using it to knock. I guess it eventually stopped, but he told me that he always felt watched, and hated living there.
My thoughts are that, you were not imagining anything. You had a demon in your house, that could of been attached to some particular person, or was assigned to your family to make your family miserable. The enemy wishes that we all live in fear.
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-01)
I would categorize this as 'Sleep Paralysis' if you've heard of it. But for the fact that your blanket was pulled down your body I think there were other factors involved maybe due to the other experiences you had in your home. I'll suggest you cleanse your home.
Respectfully,
PB!
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
I had something similar except everything was super dark for me and I didn't know if I was with my eyes opened or closed but I know I couldn't move and it happened twice as well and I was scared to even close my eyes and try to sleep.

I will be writing that story soon as well.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
Ahoy, Okatavia.

This sounds a lot like sleep paralysis and a hyper-active imagination. I agree with Lady-glow; more information about the happenings in the house will help give us a better understanding of the situation.

Smooth sailing,
Mazz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
Welcome to YGS.
Except for the bed sheet sliding down your body, your experience fits the description of sleep paralysis.
Personally, I think it would be helpful to include more information about the other things that happen in your house in order to understand if this was a ghost playing a prank on you or if it was only SP.

Looking forward to read more of your experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: