You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Visitors During The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Visitors During The Night

 

For as long as I can remember, I have been experiencing sleep paralysis and unusual occurrences in my room during the night. This has been happening for years and I haven't told many people about it. One of the scariest experiences I've had so far happened during February 2012.

I had trouble falling asleep that night and continuously heard noises in the house e.g. Footsteps, items being moved/dropped but thought nothing of it as it wouldn't be the first time I've heard noises in the house during the night. Eventually I fell asleep but woke up shortly to an episode of sleep paralysis. I was unable to move at all but my eyes were open and I was wide awake. I was laying on my back with my head facing to the left. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark figure with what appeared to be blue illuminated eyes, sitting on the floor in the middle of my room. I closed my eyes hoping that I was just hallucinating and it would stop. Just then I felt something warm brush against my face a few times followed by loud growling noises right next to me. However they sounded more human than anything else. My entire body began to shake and my eyes and mouth opened forcibly but I forced them shut and tensed my whole body. This lasted for about five minutes before the growling eventually stopped and I was able to move again.

I immediately got out of bed, turned the light on, opened my room door and checked the time. It was around 3:25 am. I remained awake in bed and fell back asleep around 6 am. I thought about it for several days and had trouble sleeping at night. I never told anyone about it and it definitely wouldn't be the first time I've experienced something similar to this.

I don't usually share any of these experiences with anyone, but a friend suggested that it may be the house I'm living in however I've had these experiences happen in every house I've lived in and none of my siblings have ever reported anything similar happening to them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Poet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Poet,

You say this happens to you no matter where you are... Now I'm not sure what you may have seen/heard that night in February but please feel free to try this... If not for the entire home... Then at least for the personal cleansing/shielding mentioned...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mysterylady (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Hi Poet, I have had similar experiences to and for a while I thought I was losing my mind. By the time I was in my 20's I begin making a point of noticing certain feelings before I was touched, watched and waking to find a shadow of a man standing in my bedroom doorway at night specially around 3:00 a m in the morning. I would actually get out of the bed and walking towards the shadow man only for him to turn around and walking up the hallway towards our kitchen/living room then vanishing. Only for him to return every night same thing/same time. Finally it got brave and begin to sit on the bed and some times rubbing my legs which freaked me out. Sometimes I would be frozen not knowing it was fear or if this thing had some power over me. After a few months with my husband in the living watching tv it got in the bed with me that I thought was my husband but only to find out it was the shadow man on top of me, I couldn't move but some how found the courage to scream which made my husband run into the bedroom. After he came in and saw what I had been telling him for years what I felt and saw was true. He saw it go into our bedroom wall. I had him stay with me in our bathroom while I showered. I felt raped. These things are real and go on today but people still would rather to not believe then admit that it is real.
Shannonchikawow (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Hi poet!
Your story is quite to the extreme. Haven't heard anything quite like it yet. Maybe you should consider going to an Albulario? Or in Engligh, A Witchdoctor. I'm certain they can help you with this. I'm not sure yet though what a sleep paralysis is. Haha! If it's your imagination or if it's really occurring... 😕
pringles (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
hi poet
Just read your story and that would have scared me to death. I would not have been able to fall asleep again. Hope your left in peace soon x
SkepticUntilNow (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
Hello Poet!
I also get sleep paralysis and am very empathetic to your situation. I know it's terrifying when it happens but just remember it's not real, it's just your mind messing with you! I started praying before I fall asleep that I won't have to suffer through paralysis. Maybe try to find the variable that's triggering them? Something in your nightly ritual, such as listening to music or watch tv, might be keeping your conscious brain awake longer than your body. I hope you can figure it out! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: