You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Shadow With Wings

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow With Wings

 

I would like to let you know I'm dyslexia, so I'll do my best to tell the story as how it happened.

I planned to take my son to see his father's side of the family one evening. Before setting of with my son, I checked my car to make sure it could do the journey safely without any blips. Although my first instinct was it may not be wise to travel at such a late time with my son, I decided it was good as there would be less traffic and I am a night owl anyway. With my son securely strapped in the car and myself, we left Bendigo Vic (Where I live) for Port Pirie.

My son was sleeping whilst I enjoyed the drive. At about 3am I was about 200km from Port Pirie SA when I got a really uneasy feeling. I looked out of my window and my eyes immediately locked onto a shadow of something flying up in one of the rocky hillsides. It looked like a man with wings. It did not look to be from this world!

I have seen and heard of a lot of unexplainable things in my time and this was definitely unexplainable. I have seen and heard of a lot of unexplainable things in my time and this was definitely unexplainable. The sighting perturbed me so much that I vowed never to drive at night again unless it was my hometown.

After this encounter there have been times were things have happened whilst I have been driving but I have shrugged these of as lost souls sadly.

Please help me to work out what this may have been or if you have seen anything like this before?

Thank you for reading my story I hope we can put are heads together and work this one out as I know I did not feel safe around this thing!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spookymulder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
It sounds like mothman to me as well. So that's where he went to. I've been wondering. Though there are these creatures called angels, and they can be terrifying. They aren't afterall winged chubby infants, but extremely powerful and do occassionally get spotted. I'm not saying these are by any means the only possibilities.
I read an account of a living pterodactyl found incased in rock in Africa, sometime in the early to mid 1900's. Apparently, it just flew out startling everyone. Of course, scientests would not accept these accounts, even though a scientest or scientests were witnesses to it and had no doubt of what they'd seen. "Extinct for millions of years" ha ha and blah blah blah, a closed mouth gathers no feet. The scientific community suffers from a seriously sad case of know-it-allism.
Spookymulder (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
No don't be sorry thank you for your ideas. That's what it's all about
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
I wish I could have been more helpful. But I have had a weird one or two that I figure were more of the UFO variety myself, I guess that's why I went in that direction.
Sorry,

Jav
Spookymulder (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-27)
Thanks again I have looked it up and there are many similar sighting but the one that would have to be the closest one to my experience is the one they call the mothman. Thanks again for listening! 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Spookymulder,
That's the only thing I can come up with from my own experience. So, who knows? I would not venture a guess myself. I wouldn't know where to start. I do know that if it were me, I would be pretty freaked out too.
Now, the next phase for your search for answers, beyond us just throwing things out at you that you have probably already thought of, is local legend. Have you done any searches in that direction? Anything on the net or otherwise?
Also, it might sound weird, but you could also make a report of this incident to 'MUFON'. They do take these things down, collect them so to speak. In that respect, you may find that others have also reported similar incidents. Check their website for sightings in your area maybe.
It's worth a try I'd say. 😊
Jav
Spookymulder (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Jav Ps thank you for your ideas that's what this is about for me just trying to work it out.
Spookymulder (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Thank you so much for reading my story I've looked up cranes but nothing matches I did find a black neck strork but it lived up the top end of Australia and this thing was 10 times bigger then any flying bird I've ever seen it was all black and I could feel it before I seen it. A couple of years ago I was watching the movie Jeepers Creepers 2 and that thing is the closed I've come to finding something that looked like what I saw. To make it worst I hadn't see enough car on the road for over a hour which scared me more I alway say safe in numbers... Ps not say it was the thing from the movie just come the closes thing I have find to look like what I saw that night
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Spookymulder,
Do you guys have cranes down there? I once saw two of them flying together in the daytime, when I was living in Northern California. They are very strange to watch. These had a pink tint to them. So it looked like two naked people flying. Yeah, it sounds weird, but let me tell you, if I had seen them at night I probably would have completely wigged out. I would have thought for sure that they were people flying.

Jav

~That's what reading your story made me think of~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: