You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Parents House

Real Ghost Stories

My Parents House

 

My Parents house is located in a very sophisticated locality in india (Mumbai). It was built by my great grand father in 1936 i.e before indian independence. My great grand father was a lawyer and was employed by british but was secretly involved in the independence movement. So many meetings of the freedom fighters used be held secretly at our place.

And the real story begins now... It was in the year 1992, when I was 12 years old, my younger brother was suffering from typhoid - a type of fatal viral fever and was admitted to he hospital and both my parents were with him. I clearly remember it was 16th of july and was raining heavily outside and I was sleeping besides my grand mom. Some voices disturbed me, I could hear some one talking distinctly and now I could hear more than one person. I was shaken and got out of my bed, suspecting robbery. My grandmom woke up too. We both were frightened out of wits but gathered courage and went into the other room from where the noise was coming and peeped through the door. And to our horror, we could see 4 people in their late twenties, dresses in indian attire as they used to in 1930's / 1940's and as soon as they saw us they vanished. I passed out and my grandmom suffered a paralytic attack.

When I came to my senses, I was in medical car , and my grand mom in intensive care unit. She expired some years back but was in explicable to such things, until this date chills run down my spine. But never again anything happened like that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

scarwarsnow (11 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
The first half of the 20th century was very disturbing all over the world. Lot of wars, revolutions, and political instability which lead to millions of death all over the world. There must lot of spirits roaming around from that era all over the world
anupama (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
dear Anu,
Really scary and creepy story. Still you staying in the same house or left?
Shama (4 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-21)
...Our freedom fighters gave their blood and youth to our country... They might have never imagined the type of corupt leaders we have and the state of mother India now... How can those true loyal sons and daughters of India rest in peace...?
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
it is weird that you saw them and they disppeared may be this is your opticall illusion and some thing or other first conform what you saw and well titled one
Scar boy
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
Dear anu,

What you may have been experiencing was an energy imprint or energy residual leftover by those who lived in the residence prior to you and your family. As you say it was your great grandfather's home, so what you may have experienced was what had taken place in the past, and what you saw was a replayed event that had also occurred in the past.

There seems to have been much highly energized emotions coming from the past, as well as from all family members present and with the ill health compounding the high level of energy. All of this and also in my opinion, ancestors keep an eye on family, may have manifested the paranormal event you and your grandmother experienced. I think fear and being frightened by the sight and sounds of a haunting or residual haunting may have added fuel to the fire or energy level which caused the unhealthy, physical end result. I appreciate you sharing your story. Thanks, Abby
slghosts (13 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
That would be weird to see but than it would be kind of cool to see them standing there and than they dissappear! But if you haven't seen it since than I would not worry to much about it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: