You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Messages Or Just Normal Occurrences?

Real Ghost Stories

Messages Or Just Normal Occurrences?

 

Hey, my name is Keith, I am 21 years old and I would like to share my experiences that I have encountered in the past. I would appreciate any feedback. I am highly interested in the paranormal and have been a believer for just less than 8 years.

My first experience was in my grandmother's house, when I was between the ages of 5-8 years, I often went with my parents to go visit my grandparents. The house was enormous inside and was old too. I would often go with my grandfather to watch him play billiards in the billiard room. However I would get bored and would go back into the sitting room where my grandmother and my dad were. During this short walk between the two rooms was a very dark corridor. I always felt there was someone of a male presence standing in the middle of that corridor watching me. Sometimes I would stand and stare as if I knew something was there before I ran. This happened every time I was alone in that corridor and Instead of walking calmly down this corridor I would close my eyes and run for my life. I was not a believer back then and did not think in the paranormal so I quite easily brushed this to one side.

My second experience was when I was 13 years of age. It was at one of the happiest times of my life. I was on a half term spring holiday from middle school. Back then I would spend most of my time on the computer playing games and listening to my music, for a 13 year old I quite liked the beetles, deep purple and ozzy Osborne. One day whilst listening to my music over some headphones relaxed with not a worry in the world, I was looking at the floor daydreaming when out of the corner of my right eye; a female approached me from the wall facing me. Even though she was there for just a millisecond, I was able to see her to get a brief description. She was all in white, had short dark black hair, a 1940s long casual dress, was about 5ft 7inch and looked like she was in her mid-40s. My guess was 45-48. However I could not see her from below the waist or even her eyes, they were just black. This really freaked me out, I ran outside my room and told my mother, she did not believe me and this experience has always made me a non sceptic into the paranormal, since then I have researched into different experiences into the paranormal.

At the age of 15 my grandmother sadly passed away. 9 months later my parents decided to move to a different part of the same town, it took me a while to get use to this house as I felt very home sick and was not having a good time in high school at the time. Not long after we moved in, I began to hear noises inside and outside the house. A lot of this was wall tapping. It still happens today. The front window in the kitchen has been knocked on twice, once on my 18th birthday at midnight and once after coming back from the nearby pub with my dad just after 1am. Both occasions were checked out and nobody was there.

As time went by in this house I began to notice an incredible awareness feeling of being watched! This feels so obvious that I still today keep looking over my shoulder.

About 2 years ago my future to be brother in law, was homeless with my sister. They stopped on a mattress in my sunroom. Now my house is very open planned. You can see each room from another. One night on my brother in laws 23rd birthday, he slept on this mattress and woke up at about 2 am in the morning. He noticed a male figure sitting in a chair in the kitchen looking at him. My brother in law mentioned this apparition was looking at him for a few seconds before completely vanishing at the blink of an eyelid. My brother in law told me and my parents the following morning. Since then I did some research on the house, I was able to find out of a man who was previously born in the house and eventually died suddenly in the house.

The most recent experience I have had if you call it one, I have a lot of lucid dreams. One night I dreamt that I was walking inside of my house in the pitch black, during this, I walked upstairs, across the landing into my bedroom. My bedroom door was wide open and what appeared was my deceased Yorkshire terrier, he was very calm, standing near my pillow looking down on it. My dream ended I woke up.

A week later I was dreaming again that I was lying in my bed. I could feel a calm breathing pattern on my neck, so I tilted my head and saw my deceased Yorkshire terrier looking directly at me, he was so calm, and I knew it was him. Then I woke up, now my Yorkshire terrier had to be put asleep just over 7 months ago as he had a collapsed trachea i.e. Having coughing fits and some strokes. This again I have kept an open mind

I have been involved in spiritual churches. I have meditated on numerous occasions, although I find it difficult to tap into that realm. I do keep an open mind but do you think I have an ability to develop medium-ship or do you think these are perfectly normal occurrences?

All feedback is welcome, Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LOCDOG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LOCDOG (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
geetha50
Tes I did manage to look up the history of the house, apparently, a rich man named J.J.Hall who owned the towns mine in the 1920s lived in my grandparents house, he was said to be a very depressed man & hung himself in a bedroom in the house. The house is now devided into two parts, one half is an undertakers. The undertakers (who knew my grandparents) have reported sightings of orbs, mists & unusual atmospheres. However I cannot link their reports to my occurrences in my grandparents house

Falling_feathers
Lol that makes two of us, I sometimes also scare myself lol, but sometimes you have to just brush it to one side in order to be more relaxed. But I will always keep an open mind of these occurrences & will always welcome them if they come along, even ifthey do try to make me abit on the edge lol
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
I don't know about the medium part because I don't know to much about that. There are other people on this site who could advise you on that. I do believe though, everyone could to some level tap into another realm by mediating.

The things that have happened to you are pretty interesting. I believe that the house you moved into and your grandparent's house had some kind of history to it and that's why there were spirits there. As for showing them to you, when you were younger, like many, you were innocent, so it was easier to see the other world. When you got older, you kept an open mind about the paranormal world, so they came to you.

I commend you for looking about the history on your house. Were you able to do the same for your grandparents' house?
falling_feathers (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
sounds like a lot of what happened to me when I was a kid. I was in the hall and some thing grabbed me I could feel it. It pretty much was trying to carry me. For years after that I used to run down the hall. I also have experienced the window knocking happened to me once when I was younger. I also saw a shadow afterwards. I'm no expert in this field I've only really been researching it for a few years I always manage to kind of scare myself lol. I'd say they were normal occurrences. Well they are for me any way 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: