You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Message For An Inmate

Real Ghost Stories

My Message For An Inmate

 

I know I am a different type of human being than most. What happens to me is very unusual and why I am unusual is something that I have no noticeable understanding for. I just connect to a world which others never encounter. As I have said in my last story; there is no human that can say he/she has actual proof of spiritual contact. For me, spirit contact is proved by my personal view. A witness who sees and feels what I feel and see can be informative but still for science, there are always some way to debunk everything. Only I know there is truth in the supernatural for me personally. That's good enough for me.

My career was working for the State Of Texas. Around 2011, I was working toward my retirement. I had about one year to go and was working in a prison unit in the Panhandle of Texas. For those of you who don't know, the panhandle of Texas is the very top of Texas where the southern most portion of the Great Plains ends.

As a correctional officer, my work usually took me to what was called four building which had three wings to it. This building was for the inmates who were still bucking the system and received a lot more cases against them than normal just for not following the rules and regulations set forth by the state of Texas. Each night I worked a twelve hour shift and each night we were required to start count after we came on shift. Which was around 6:30. These counts went on through the night and into the morning hours with one being bed book count. Bed book count was a visual count. The inmate comes to the cell door and shows his inmate ID card and the officer has his clip board with the inmate roster showing the correct ID number. Both numbers have to match. It is the most important count of the entire twelve hours of shift.

The bed book count usually came after breakfast was served. Breakfast in a prison in Texas is served around 2:30 or 3:00 in the morning. I took my clipboard and attached the roster to it and started in C wing and ended up in A wing. There are twenty one cells on the top row and twenty two cells on the bottom row with two tiers in each of the three wings. My walk started at top and then went to the bottom row.

As I walked along the bottom row of A wing I had just reached cell nineteen and was busy checking my inmate roster. When I looked up there stood a thirty something, healthy looking, Hispanic man looking at me through the cell door window. He was so close to the cell door window that if he was any closer I would've felt his breath. Being very surprised to see him there I smiled and said something like "Well I didn't see you there." Instead of answering me he just stared at me and then turned and vanished in front of my eyes.

I don't normally have goosebumps when I come into contact with ghosts or do I get frightened at all. I just do not let that happen but when I come across a solid looking person that fades quickly into nothingness it has a totally different reaction. I admit that the goosebumps were there and mainly the unreality of the whole incident bothered me for a couple of days.

After the presence had vanished, I could see this older Hispanic man raise up from the bottom bunk and he spoke, "Who are you talking to boss?" I said, "There was a thirty year old Hispanic inmate at the cell door window and he vanished!" What I said bothered the older man and he was frightened about the cell being haunted. He pointed toward the top bunk and said, "Boss that bunk has been empty for months. I am the only one here."

It was then I heard this voice in my head tell me to warn the man on the bottom bunk of a new inmate moving in with him. I have been able to foresee future events before but these events are very random and rarely ever come to me. And admittedly, I have had some occasions where the events never happen after I said they would. Therefore, I am very quiet about repeating my visions to someone. This one I knew had an urgency to it so I knew I had to tell the inmate on the bottom bunk. I told him as directly as I could to watch out for a new inmate sharing his cell. I told him to stay away from the new cellie because something was going to happen where he could get hurt.

A few weeks later, I was in the Line building (The Lieutenant's office). On the wall was taped the photo of this

Hispanic inmate that looked very familiar. Below the photo was the TDCJ inmate's ID card. I was very curious noticing that he oddly looked like the vanishing phantom of cell nineteen in four building so I asked the Lieutenant about him. He answered by saying, "Oh that guy? Yeah, his picture is up there because he is being transferred out in the morning. We put him in four building, A wing, in nineteen cell. He went to outside recreation and a rival gang member cut his throat."

I said, " So he lived over it?" The Lieutenant said "He was in the Infirmary for awhile."

When I walked into the dayroom of A wing about a week later the older Hispanic inmate showed the other Inmates me (the odd officer that convinced him that the paranormal was real). Then he thanked me for the warning and said he would never forget this crazy thing happening to him. He said he would tell about this experience until the day he died.

Other hauntings by Oddityuniversal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oddityuniversal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+6
1 year ago (2022-11-21)
Hi Oddityuniversal

I think that you were at the right place at the right time to have warned the older inmate about what you saw and felt.
8-bitDemigod (8 stories) (38 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2022-11-18)
Random bit of trivia: in Japan the number 4 is considered unlucky because the word for it, "shi", also means "death".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: