You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hulking Black Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Hulking Black Shadow

 

I have had many personal experiences with the paranormal, but an experience like this one would make a firm believer out of almost anyone. I will set the scene.

My friend Greg and myself are into ghost investigating. So, because we both know for a fact that his house is haunted we decided that it would be a great place to test our investigation techniques. Well we went down into his basement with nothing more than a digital recorder and a one set of night vision goggles. We didn't expect to catch much, and I certianly wasn't prepaired to experience what I was about to experience.

We were just about... Oh let's say 3/4 of the way done with our investigation when Greg saw it for the first time. Greg was wearing the night vision goggles when he looked at me and saw something that he couldn't explain. Behind me Greg saw what appeared to be a large human like figure that was only visable to him because it was blurring the area it took up. Or atleast that's how Greg saw it. I personally wouldn't see this entity until later. Through-out the investigation I would look to my left and see a black box. Now, it needs to be said that it ws completely pitch black in Greg's basement. I could have touched my hand to my face before I would be able to even faintly see it. So not only was this box blacker than black, I could actually see every detail of it!

Towards the end of the investigation I had a face to face encounter with what I firmly believe to be a demon. When Greg and myself neared the end of our investigation I sat down and took one last look to my left where the box had been before. What I saw made me nearly piss myself, and I'm extremely calm when I investigate.

When I looked to my left I didn't see the black box. What I saw was easily 100 times more unnerving. Standing approximately five feet in front of me was a blacker than midnight black, ten foot tall, hulking shadow figure. I don't know why, but for some reason I know its a he. The creature was looking right at me, like right into my soul. The most unnerving part was that the creatures head was hanging limply and was tilted to the left. Almost like whatever it was couldn't hold its own head up. Then came the really scary part.

The creature look one small step to the right, its body slumping limply, almost life-lessly as it stepped. It paused for only a second and then, without using its arms at all, it lunged at me! The creature got about 6 inches from my face and then, in less time than it takes you to blink, vanished completely.

This is completely true and sense this happened to me 5 other people have seen the exact same "Shadow Creature" in various areas of Greg's house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SGF-Investigator, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeathTheKid (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Ya I remember that creepy night but an event like hat only made me continue with our investigation it is also the reason for my becoming a demonologist and with that even came a price... Our demon the one we saw in my basement the one described in this very story has emotionally attach its self to me some times it can get nerve ending... 😠
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
SGF,
If you are an investigator as your name implies; you welcome and exhibit skepticism. So here are a few points to ponder.
You went to a known haunted house but did not expect to capture much...why?
You can't see your hand in front of your face but you can make out individual features of this demon?
And a question for everyone: When is the last time you were in a basement with a ten foot ceiling?

Lou
SGF-Investigator (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Thanks for commenting, also if you could please check out the Realm Walkers Paranormal Facebook page. Just click my name at the top of the story and click the Facebook link. Thank you
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
They will mess with you. I know a "he" as well.
Thankfully, I seem to have a protective spirit, I feel its also a "he".
"Blacker than black", exactly how I heard someone describe their bigfoot sighting. Makes me wonder, demons play with us in so many ways. They have so much free time. 😊 Maybe, they play act as aliens, ufos, sasquatch, and really any creature or object they want to appear as.
I believe you. You sound hmmm... A bit like me. Squares, what is it with them and squares?
Sarahmm87 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
how interesting! I went travelling to Africa a few years ago and was staying at a friends house and we both saw black shadow people and I was personally attacked by one on two occasions at night. I was there for 4 months and then when I couldn't take it anymore I left and came back. I think its made me a stronger person and has firmed my belief in God.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: