You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Door Knob?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Door Knob?

 

This has been my paranormal experience so far. This may be a short story but this is 100% true.

I was alone with my dog, Scooby in my room. I was eating soup because I didn't eat anything all day. I was watching tv at the same time. I was done with my soda I was drinking so I thought I will get some more. Scooby looked like he wanted to get out because he was making angry faces while looking at the door. So I grabbed my cup and put him on the floor and when I open the door it was locked! Note: the door can only lock from the inside not the outside from the room. I was really confused so I just looked at it and so was Scooby.

When me and scooby were looking at it we both saw the door knob turn very slowly and the door open wide open by itself! With the door wide open I saw a white figure through the doorway. I guessed my dog saw the white figure too, because he was growling. I'm guessing the figure got scared of Scooby because that moment Scooby growled the figure quickly disappeared.

I was very shocked to see the door open and I couldn't even move at all. I was so scared that I acutally cried. Ever since then, I've been losing a lot of sleep. Some nights I could see the door open but this time the door only opens just a little. I told my parents about it but of course they didn't believe me.

What is this? Why is it only haunting my door and not my family member's door? I don't know if there was any person commit suicide or being killed. There's only one question I have. Does this ghost or whatever hate me or is it just scaring me for fun?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emilyheart313, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
Interesting short story you got there 😊. Maybe the spirit is trying to enter the house or is giving you a warning that it use to live there. Best thing to do is move to another house that doesn't have any spirits wondering around.
Scbsd (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
emilyheart, I have had a paranormal experience that involved a door opening. There was no logical reason for it to happen, but it definitely did.

I am sorry that you have run afoul of the age restrictions here on YGS, but if it makes you feel any better, I lived in the house where the door opened (and unlocked and unlatched) by itself for several months after it occurred, and nothing bad happened to me after that.

Don't freak yourself out. You have Scooby, and he'll protect you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
granny - I knew you were working today cause I didn't see you anywhere 😉. Figured I wasn't going to be able to get you, so I thought I'd better address it.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
OOPS!...I guess we need to contact Martin... I had her name in my notes, too because she tried to publish a story before... Those notes are now buried under my notes from the trip LOL 😆 😆...

*sigh*, again
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Emily - I noticed your profile said you are only 11 years old. This site is not recommended for children under the age of 13 due to the nature of some of the stories and the maturity level expected here.

I have a 10-year-old little boy and I don't let him on this site because some of the stuff just isn't appropriate for him to read.

Please, if you still want to, come back in a couple of years. We'll be happy to have you join us then.
Xito (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
I don't know if this is an "evil" spirit... I don't have LOTS of experience with ghosts myself... But of what I know it is just scarying you isn't it? So it doesn't seem to me like a violant spirit, but does it happen often? Or are there also other things that have happened in your house...?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: