You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow In The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow In The Corner

 

I don't think of my self as a sensitive person, I have lived most of my life in a country where people often talk about ghosts.

My growing up house in León Nicaragua was thought to be hunted by a white dressed woman (people call her Ifigenia). But I never saw her during my childhood neither as a grown up person, as a matter of fact the only time I recall seeing her I believe it was influenced by my imagination and the ghost stories I've always been told.

This story is not about the ghost haunting the house I grew up at, since I've never seen her (I can tell you in the future my cousins and sister's experience if you want), but about what happened in the house I moved to in the capital city, Managua.

My new house (first time I lived by my self) was neighboring an Evangelic church. I remember I could hear people chanting and praying late in the night (it even bothered me) and some people say they made exorcisms over there. It was in a new condominium and as I've researched there where nothing there before (just farm land).

My bedroom was in a second floor and I could see the church yard from above. Once, I was sleeping in my bedroom when I woke up all of the sudden in the middle of the night (around 3 am if I recall), my heart was beating rapidly and I turned my head to the corner of the room (I don't know why, it was my first instinct) where I saw a black shadow passing through the wall, it had the form of a head and chest but I couldn't see any feet and it was very high, almost touching the roof (which makes no sense to me). I remember being scared and not being able to move out of my bed nor been able to fall asleep.

At the next morning I was still scared. After that I never had other experience and moved out of the house a few months after. Now I live in Spain. But I'll always remember that specific encounter and still get a little scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoyYo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SoyYo (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Shyenne.

I don't know about the farmland history and since I no longer live there I guess I'll never find out. I might ask some friends who're still living in Nicaragua or do a quick search when I visit.

Javelina.

It sounds reasonable. Guess I'll never know. I'm just glad it didn't happen again because it scared the hell out of me.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
SoyYo,
You mentioned that they do exorcisms at the church next to the condominiums. I am simply wondering if perhaps you caught sight of a spirit being chased away. It was going fast, you only saw part of it, it was high in the air, and you never saw it again. Seems to me it was on it's way out, fast. Possibly an exorcised spirit?

Jav 😊
shyenne (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Hi SovYo,
Farmland have history too. In the past, there are dozens of stories about hunted farmland like A family was been murdered, a fellow committed suicide, genocide or a some victim is buried in the farmland. These are some of the reasons for the hunting. In your case, you said "It was in a new condominium and as I've researched there where nothing there before (just farm land)."
Maybe the shadow you saw could be one of the previous owner of the land or was murdered and buried there. It could also be an entity around the farmland.
Before you left, you could've asked some tenants or people around you about your experience maybe they knew something.

I hope you are doing good in Spain.

❤shyenne❤
SoyYo (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Spider.

I didn't know about Sleep Paralysis.

I just made a research and even though my story resembles it, you got to remember that I was able to move my head (to look at the corner) and the fact that I wasn't able to get out of my bed was more related with me being afraid than with actually not being able to move.

I remember pulling up my sheets and tighten then as much as I could (it kind of gives me a sense of protection)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I feel probably you had sighted an entity or its form. I am not skeptical. Because in our country, India, we do believe in spirits, ghosts and their haunting. Well, I understand how you must have felt and got scared after the sighting. Many people I know in my country have sighted entities only once in a certain place, which were sighted again by others in the same place. So you can ask your immediate successor, if they experienced anything like yours.

Keep posting, if you have any further sightings or experiences.
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Thank you for understanding.
Have you researched anything on Sleep Paralysis?
I'm not trying to prove you wrong or anything, just trying to cover all theories.
I don't have much first hand experience so I am going by other comments etc I have read on similar experiences.
I'm just thinking it doesn't seem to be following you or anything so maybe you were over simulated or experiencing stress at the time?

Spider
SoyYo (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
You didn't offend me at all, I know about the 3 am skepticism (thanks to Hollywood). I read lot of stories and post over here before I decided to sing up and post mine; I just wanted to put everything I remember about that specific situation (including the time), so someone can help me understand.

As I first said, I don't think of my self as a sensitive person, some may even think I'm very skeptical but this thing (I don't know how to call it) felt real and scared me a lot. After that I began to question other things.
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
I do not mean to offend but I suggest that if events happen around 3am, then posters should rather leave that detail out of it as it causes people to doubt the event, you can thank Hollywood for that one.
*This is purely my own opinion*

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: