You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Spanish Governors Palace Anomalies

Real Ghost Stories

Spanish Governors Palace Anomalies

 

I recently took a ghost tour of San Antonio Texas. We visited The old govenor's palace and we were told that about one hundred years ago a woman that lived in the home was murdered in the front room of this home as she knelt at her alter. The woman was home with her children when burglers broke into the home demanding money. This woman was able to break away from the burglers and only made it as far as the alter before the burglers caught her and killed her. Our tour guide said that the ghost of this woman had been seen kneeling at the alter and also can be heard screaming.

After the tour ended my friend and I walked back to the palace, which was by far the creepiest sight we visited on our ghost tour. We wanted to take a look around and take a few pictures without the twenty or so other tourist milling around in our pictures. I took some photos through the window of the room where this woman was murdered. This home has been preserved as a historical sight and is now a museum. The house was dark but the street was well lit so we could clearly see the interior of the house. It was locked up tight for the night and completely empty. I took a photo an saw what looks like a transparent person with no face coming through the doorway. I couldn't see it with the naked eye so I took another picture and again saw the same thing in the doorway. I called my friend over to look at the pictures and she also saw what looked like a person in the doorway. I thought it might have been a weird reflection or lens flare so I went back to the window an took a seriese of pictures but couldn't recreate the same image again.

Spanish Governors Palace Anomalies 1
Spanish Governors Palace Anomalies 2
Spanish Governors Palace Anomalies 3
Spanish Governors Palace Anomalies 4

This took place about a month ago and I have only shared it with a few friends and family. I'm not inclined to jump to the conclusion that I took a photo of a ghost but the photo is compelling since I wasn't able to recreate it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sistermidnight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRamsay (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2021-07-15)
Sister,
This was taken 9 years ago, but I saw the comment from today and dropped in to read your story.

I clearly see a woman sort of at the top of the door, looking to the right. I clipped the photo, put it into "paint" and enlarged it, then lightened it and also clicked on the clarity button, which I needed to do in order to distinguish between your reflection and the anomaly. Am I right that your reflection is closer to the top, where the flash from the camera is located? You are not the white faced, long haired chick in the white nightgown/dress, are you? Cause she's there!

I have found that some people just can't see these things, and mostly it's because they don't want to see. But some of us cannot not see. I think after a point, it's useless to try not to.
Moonlite90 (1 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-07-15)
I think I can see it. I got some interesting pictures while touring at night there too.
matt75089 (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-05)
i wished it let me add pictures I went this year. And I gotten couple. And realized I def got a man ghost in the picture. Very clear
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
oh yes I think I see it now... It looks to me like there is a woman leaning on the right side of the door with her head resting at the right hand top corner...
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-16)
i apologize... I'm sorry... I was in a bad mood that day, I'm probably half blind anyway & need to get my eyes checked... Have a nice day...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
bizzjoe - If you don't see anything in the pictures, that's fine. But to be unnecessarily rude really isn't necessary.

For the record, people post the pictures to see if someone else sees something that they see. Just because you, or I, don't see it doesn't mean they didn't.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
why do people insist on posting pictures of nothing... Get yourself a hobby and grow up...
bquinonez (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
My son and I also took a recent ghost tour at this location. My son took a pic of one of the windows. When we got home and down loaded the pic you could see a face in the window and it was not my sons reflection.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Sorry All I see is a Your own Reflection expspiecal at first I thought I am seen hooded with skelton hands but Maybe I am wrong.
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I see what you are talking about and to me it appears like a woman. Behind her is that a doorway or a curtain?
Scythe (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
I can't see it... Maybe add the non-ghost picture for comparison.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
I can see what you're talking about. It appears to be a male standing in the doorway. He is wearing a dark jacket with a white shirt with old fashioned stand up collar. It doesn't look transparent as you said. Too bad you couldn't get back inside. I'm not sure that it is a ghost however, perhaps it is a modeling dummy.
Michore (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Hi! Could you also please add the picture that didn't have the same results? Then we could easely see what were missing. Thanks!:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Sistermidnight: I'm sorry, but I think you captured a picture of your own reflection in the window pane... You can clearly see the bushes/trees behind you in the glass...Sorry!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: