You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Ghost Hunting With Loonies: Stephy's Mansfield Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting With Loonies: Stephy's Mansfield Experience

 

YGS members present: ZzsGranny, Miracles51031, Clever210, Cosmogal926, and myself, Stephyw2001.

Additional people on trip: ZzsGranny brought 2, Miracles brought 2, Clever210 brought 1, Cosmogal brought 2, Stephyw2001 brought 1 (Maria). 2 people that Clever knew could not make it due to an unanticipated surgery taking place that very morning.

Something told me that this trip would be a memorable one. It could have been due to the fact that it was my first ghost hunt, or due to the fact that we would all be meeting for the first time. As we all gathered at the front gate, clawing to enter and laughing, one would never suspect the horrors that awaited us. That by the end of the night, we'd leave an hour early, too beaten down to carry on.

6:45 PM

We arrive 15 minutes early. There are cars waiting at the front gate. The men in the cars notice that we are there for a hunt, and drive off. As they leave, they warn us "Be careful! There are ghosts in there!" Laughing, we think nothing of this, and focus our energy on keeping Granny from chewing through the chain link fence.

7:00 PM

While doing head count, we realized that our group of 15 has now become 13, as two people were sadly unable to make it. Perhaps an omen of things to come?

We begin the tour promptly at 7. Two of Miracle's friends are not present yet, but will be arriving later, so we go ahead on the tour without them.

It is noted that on the second step from the first landing, Miracles and I feel dizzy and smell something, but it passes too fast to catch what it was.

While on the tour, Scott our guide stops in the Wardens quarters and tells us the following story: "The warden's wife, while trying to get her hatbox down from the closet, dislodged her husband's handgun and was shot in the head. She is still lingering here, and you can smell her perfume from time to time". At that moment, I noticed I smelled something, but it was far from perfume. As I started looking at the faces of our group to see who has a guilty look, Cosmogal pipes up "Is perfume the only smell people notice" as I'm thinking 'Oh God, don't...' she keeps going on "I'm smelling something like sewage". 'Oh great, who's going to confess now that they know it smells like sewage?' Thus brings the first unexplained mystery of the night: Who farted in the Warden's Quarters?

8:00 PM

After the tour, the group is all outdoors waiting for Miracle's friends to pull in the gate. I was eager to catch pictures of the West Cell Block, as I saw that same room in a dream prior to our trip. I tell the group "I'm heading in to take some pictures", and they say "alone?" "Yeah, I'll be right back".

As I enter the building, it became apparent very quickly that I had no idea how to get back to West Cell Block. As I start wandering down hallways, trying to find my way there, I hear a very loud CLLLLLING BANG! Which sounded very much like a cell door slamming. I stop in my tracks. I know everyone is outdoors. Starting to shake my head I mutter a "mmmmmn mmmmmn!" and start heading back toward the door. When I get back to the entrance, I decide I should look at a map to figure out where I'm going this time. At that moment, the rest of the people come in the door. They jest "well you didn't get far" and I simply tell them I'm lost, but shortly later confide to my friend Maria of what I heard.

8:05 - 8:50 PM

I find myself in a group that, naturally, wants to explore "The hole" first and foremost. That and the basement. Oh joy! We're surrounded by a fabulous mixture of Romanesque, Gothic and Queen Anne architecture, whoopee! To the dungeon! Let's beeline it to the darkest most miserable spot! Another observation I make, is that of the 10 flashlights I have at my household, I decide to bring the crappies two I can find. Ironically, in the morning before I left, as I put the last load of laundry in the washer, I find my boyfriends LED flashlight in a pant pocket. All I do is simply say "oh look, a flashlight" and leave it on the machine. Sometimes I really don't think.

So not only do I have the crappiest flashlight, but for some reason I appear to be leading the way in this miserable part of the prison. As the darkness begins to eat at the light emitting from my minimag light, we approach the part of solitary where Scott told us of the guard being beaten to death by an inmate who managed to escape. As I walk into the doorway, I hear a freakish sound right in my right ear. "glkmeojkdknldklnglkgm" It sounded like the sound effect you hear in "The Grudge" movie when the ghost is spider walking across the floor. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" I shriek as I jump a mile. "It was your bag" said Maria from behind me. "WHAT? NO it wasn't!" "Yeah, it was your bag brushing up against that fence". "...wh... What?" I repeat as I deliberately brush against the door to see if it makes that sound. Sure enough, it makes a similar noise, when combined with the gravel under my shoes; I can see how it made that sound. Damn! (Thus begins the fall of my reputation). From that point on, I let someone with a brighter flashlight to lead the way down the creepy dark hallways.

We make it to the sub-basement of solitary confinement where they at one point had inmates caged like dogs in the all-too-low ceiling. One of the wardens decided it was too inhumane and not only stopped sending inmates down there, but had the entire basement bricked over, and sealed off. They discovered it later when demolishing and unearthing other parts of the buildings. While in the basement, we notice a dead bird on the floor. Probably flew in, couldn't find its way out and died. Or, possibly flew in, crashed into a wall or something and died. Either way, dead bird makes for one more dead being in the prison.

The air in solitary had a definite thickness to it. Whether it was the humidity, heat, negativity of the whole place, or all the above. I thought it may just be myself thinking too much of it, but then Miracles also had a hard time breathing down there. Come to think of it, the whole building had atmospheric changes. From one floor to the next for sure, but even from room to room. The sub basement under solitary confinement was cooler, but solitary was thick and hard to breathe. Then you go another floor up, and the air is cooler, go one room over and its stale and heavy. I had many moments of dizziness that would suddenly hit me. Pressure changes, air temperature changes, humidity changes, it was all over the charts in this place.

9:15 PM

We moved from Solitary into the West Cell Block. Making our way to the back where we saw some creepy shower room. It had trenches into the cement floor where obviously water was sent to go, but it reminded me of two things. 1: of Roman architecture where they had trenches carrying waste and excrement away in what they considered a "sewer system", and 2: some kind of ancient temple out of a horror flick where they would sacrifice people and watch their blood flow into trenches around the sacrificial table. I know this is my mind getting carried away with itself, but seriously, I haven't ever seen a shower room with a 2 foot deep trench across the whole room. I'm sure at one point it had some sort of grate that went across it, keeping people from falling in, but in the current state it was in, there was no grate, and therefore looked all the more creepy.

From the shower room, we start heading up the stairs to what they called the "Jesus room" because apparently for some movie there was a large picture of Jesus in it. As Clever's friend leads the way, with me just behind, we approach the final step to the second floor, we hear it. At first it sounds like a simple fluttering of wings, a little movement, then the screaming began. "It's a pissed off bat!" I hear Clever's friend exclaim as he takes a step back. Pissed off was right. This bat was screaming like a banshee, taking dives at our head. If you could keep your head up long enough, you could just catch a glimpse of red from the beast's eye. "Bats are a leading carrier of Rabies, I don't want to get bit by a bat and ruin this trip!" I say as I start backing down the stairs "diiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!" Did the bat just scream die? He's out for blood! I think to myself as I head down the stairs to the safety of the shower floor. "I'm going in for a picture" I hear Miracles say as she heads up, the bat still screaming death threats and most likely spewing blood or foaming from the mouth. Great, Miracle's going to be bitten by a demon bat. That would surly put a spin on the events of the evening. Later, Miracles joins us, claiming she wasn't bit, but I know I'm not the only one keeping an eye on her from that point on. If she goes all zombie-bat on us, we all know what we will have to do...

9:30 PM

We meet up with the others for pizza in the break room. They left the lights on for us in there. For a brief moment, a bat finds its way in, and quickly finds its way right back out. Needless to say, I tried to squirm under the table, but I was sitting in a chair. My butt refused to leave said chair and so all I ended up doing was squirming awkwardly at the edge of the table my upper body and lower body clearly not working well together. What we didn't know, is that the bats were working against us. They found our headquarters, and our source of food. They were preparing for the attack later, and we were all too foolish to know it was coming.

10:25 PM

We found our way to the Warden's quarters where people have said to have seen and smelled the presence of the Warden's late wife. We hung around for a few moments, and then wouldn't you know? It started with Miracles "Can you smell that?" asking us, we all move in sniffing the air like bloodhounds, and we all do! We smell a rather strong scent of perfume, none that we'd smelled earlier on this trip. "Are you wearing perfume?" we all keep asking each other, and begin sniffing one another in a very invasive manner, though no one cared really because we were so amazed by this sudden smell. And as quickly as it came, it left. I smelled it again a moment later, but as quickly as I smelled it, it was gone. I think we all agreed it had a baby power- talcum powder like smell. Light, and slightly flowery perhaps, but definitely a powdery smell. After that, we did not smell that scent again.

After this incident, things stayed quiet for the group I was in. We all met up in the break room where we started exchanging stories with Cosmogal and her friends. They had been exploring with Scott our guide, and they were able to pick up some voices on their DVR. I see they're following the others around; this is why it's been quiet for us. I bet Scott is the ghost's bro...

12:00 AM

After splitting up for a little while, we came across ZzsGranny and her friends and Miracles stoking out the place where Scott our guide had mentioned he was punched years ago by an unseen force. There were definite scurrying sounds, scuffling, or clicking type noises coming from one of the rooms to the West of the center hall. Miracles, thinking it was perhaps a bat, went to investigate what it could be. There were not bats in the room.

I stayed on a ledge, at this point, my will to stay awake is beginning to fade, and my eyes are having a hard time keeping open. I realize its only midnight, but I'm a person who loves sleep. I actually would have fallen asleep there, had I known that when I woke up I wouldn't find myself abandoned; just to see what I dreamt about. What stinks, is for this trip, we had a very extensive sheet of rules to follow. When we actually got to the prison, we discovered that our initial contact people had all been fired (for good reasons apparently) and that the rules no longer applied. We were originally told we could only bring in a small fanny pack or camera bag, but Scott our guide told us we could bring in bags of stuff if we wanted! Had I known that, I'd have brought a sleeping bag. **sigh**

12:30AM

Granny is using her EMF detector and got repeatedly strong signals on one part of the floor. When looking at the ceiling on the floor beneath, there was no light, or electrical wiring that was visible. The EMF detector did not beep anywhere around that one spot, so if it was wiring, it would have beeped along the whole wire, but there was not any detection anywhere else. Upon returning later, it still beeped in that same spot. Mystery #2: What was under the floor in that one spot?

From there we moved into the Chapel. There had been reports of seeing a lady crying or speaking in the chapel. She only arrived recently, and the tour guides, and Scott are still trying to figure out who she is, why she suddenly appeared, and what she's doing there. We were hoping to get something from her on this trip.

There were bats in the Chapel. In fact, there was a bat in nearly every room or hallway we've been in tonight. We joked it was the same demon bat from the Jesus room, out for the blood it didn't get from Miracles. Really, it was probably a bat spy, keeping tabs on where we were at.

12:45 AM

While sitting in a church pew, Maria from a pew behind me suddenly feels a strange breeze across her neck. She instantly received goose bumps, and feeling like it was not a normal draft that we've been feeling throughout the building promptly leaves the seat to sit in the pew I'm in. She does not feel the strange breeze again.

The farther, front pew in the photo, where the light appears to be the brightest, is also the spot where the figure of the woman was said to have been seen.

For another while, things remain quiet. We move from the Chapel to the East wing by 12:55 AM, and from there, we venture many other places. Nothing of interest really happened, so very tired from walking and stair climbing we return to the break room for drinks and relaxation.

2:20 AM

We are out front; Miracle's friends were leaving early, the same two that arrived late. It appeared that the ghost hunt was more her guy friend's thing, rather than the girl who accompanied him. So we are outside, saying bye, and getting some air. Miracles, my friend Maria, and I were sitting on the stairs to the front when suddenly the door to the lobby, not the front door, but the second door you would have to go through to actually access the building slams shut so loudly, Maria almost falls off the stairway. The front door didn't budge at all. It could have been a draft, but I would discover later, when I developed my film, a white figure in the front tower, appearing to be watching us while we were outside. I took that photo just minutes before that door slammed.

2:45 AM

Terror strikes as we sit in the break room. We were casually chatting about what we had seen. Our guards were down, and sleep had been forcing its way into our heads. As we lazily sat at the tables, thinking about where else we could venture, the demon bats made their move. The Kamikaze, as I now call him, attacked so quickly that we could not have anticipated the strike. Diving at our heads, fangs bared and eyes glowing with hatred, the winged spawn of Satan circled us in uneven patterns. Figure 8, circle, figure 8 and more. Cosmogal, Maria and I dove for under the table. As Cosmogal and I looked at each other from under the table, you could see the fear in our eyes. It reminded me of the look that Rose and that blonde curly haired woman gave each other as they clung on for dear life as the Titanic was sinking. Thinking that we'd be safe under the table was a foolish gesture though, because as Cosmogal and I gave each other terrified glances, the demon bat flew under the table between the two of us! "GOOD LORD IS NOTHING SACRED!" I yell as I scramble out from under the table. This Kamikaze bat was a clever foe. Harnessing the power of all that is evil, he continues the attack. This is the point where Maria, Cosmogal and I begin to scream. Our screams echoed throughout the prison, and at that very moment, Clever and her friend hear us from Solitary Confinement and begin heading their way toward us.

Miracles had time enough between the demon bat attacks to take a picture of the horror that was unfolding. I was squatting at the end of the table, and I saw the opening to the break room just feet away. IT'S EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF! I realize. I see the opening, and I take it, running with my arms flailing screaming into the darkness that is the prison. It is only at the moment I stop running, that I realize that the demon bat is very clever indeed, as he sent me into the midst of the haunted prison, without even a flashlight to guide me. It's trying to separate us! I realize in horror. At that moment, Clever and her friend appear. I yell "The bats have attacked! Run! Run for your life!" and head out the door to the back patio block where I meet up with the rest of our group on a smoke break.

As I gasp for breath, I tell Scott, Cosmogal and her friends the sad news that it's very possible that some of our group members didn't make it. Then I hear a loud BANG! And breathe a sigh of relief, because I'm sure at that moment, one of ours had defeated the evil bat, and that the night would now be safe again.

We walk back into the break room, to size up the damage left from the epic battle. Luckily, it was minimal. Good thing too, because the Reformatory had enough to worry about with simply renovating the decrepit parts of the prison, no less the parts they already fixed.

We all look at Miracles, she had been exposed to the bat through the whole battle. She was fumbling hopelessly with a water bottle and appeared to be foaming slightly at the mouth "DEAR GOD! It got Miracles!" I yell. "...mjust dieyouall" "Did she just say DIE YOU ALL!?" Miracles took a sip of water after finally getting the cap off, and said "No, I said 'it's just Tylenol', and it tastes horrible!" We all breathe a sigh of relief. Thank God, Miracles won't be turning into Zombie-Bat after all.

We all grouped together for one final group outing. We headed up to the part of the hospital that was once the surgery ward. We experimented with a flashlight; however, I think I'll let someone else tell that tale.

Stephy's Mansfield Experience 1
Stephy's Mansfield Experience 2
Stephy's Mansfield Experience 3
 

What's important, is through the remainder of our night, there were still some bats, but as they knew we had destroyed their leader, they merely watched us; hissing from the shadows and squealing their evil curses.

Other hauntings by stephyw2001

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stephyw2001, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
stephy: Welcome back to the *"New and Improved YGS" 😆

*Some restrictions apply. Satisfaction is not guaranteed 😊 ❤
takeiteasy (9 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
I love the way you write!

This seems like it was an amazing experience. I hope for your sake you get to go back (I, myself, would NOT have the courage)! 😆
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
LMAO... "Who farted in the Warden's quarters?!" Scooooby-doobie-doo, where ARE you?!

The shower room sounds absolutely revolting - creepy-revolting, you know? Your descriptions throughout this narrative are all very spot-on and eloquent - and hilarious. Demon-bat strikes again! Come on folks, afraid of a rat with wings? 😉

Second picture is AWESOME - fantastic catch! Thanks for sharing with us!
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Thanks again everyone! Aussiedaz, it was pretty funny even then. We really are properly named loonies. I think next time we all need to be a little calmer, we probably scared most of the ghosts away with our giggling and screaming at the demon bats. 😆
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Well done Steph, the humour made it such an enjoyable account to read even though the truth was probably the complete opposite, you guys done a really good job... Thanks for giving us your version, now I can imagine what it was really like ghost hunting with the loonies... 😆
Nordic (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Hi Fergie, great to hear from you! Yes, that busy: middle April to end June working until pretty much 22h00 at night and spending my weekends at the office... Total madness. It's like there's a whole new world out there that I need to rediscover! Hope you are well, too 😁 ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Nordic: Girl, where have you been for the past two months? I have been looking out for you! 😉
Did the 'budgets' come through? Have you been that busy?
I hope you are well! ❤
Nordic (44 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
This is absolutely fantastic! The funniest account have ever read on this forum -- and I've read all of them... Well, I'm about a week behind, but I am catching up. You are a truly gifted writer. You guys should do these group hunts/accounts more often. It is fascinating reading everyone's different experiences at the same venue. It gives us non-Americans a much more personal take on haunted sites we have read about but will probably never be able to visit. 😆
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Wow Great work guys. Keep it up & thanks for sharing.

Amazing Pictures as well

Josh
kathwitt (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
oh this gave me a good laugh and break from work! Keep up the awesome work:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I know. Casa Loma is one of my favourite places to visit. My cousin's friend actually had his wedding there and it was beautiful. Casa Loma is one of the places I like to visit for ghost haunting because it has so much history. I also want to visit the Old Toronto Don Jail.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
LOL thanks everyone. Geetha, I visited Toronto a few years back and went to the Casa Loma. That place was fantastic! I don't know if people think of it as haunted or not, but it has massive history. The architecture was incredibly similar to the Mansfield Reformatory as well, I kept comparing the two in my mind. Casa Loma is by far more well maintained though.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Stephy, lol that was bloody hilarious I had a good ol laugh at work!😆
Well I'm glad none of you ended up with Rabies that night, that bat indeed sounded as though it was out for blood, lovely narration.

Love the pics I can definitely see something in the tower in white standing there eyeing you off, interesting accounts obviously something is definitely going on and not somewhere you would want to be alone, don't even start about getting lost in there either!geeez!

So none of you loonie ladies are going to own up to the fart in the Wardens Quarters eh! Lol that cracked me up!
We will get to the bottom of this! Pun intended! Loved it! Thanks for sharing the next segment of this great adventure!

Dan 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I was like Miracles, trying not to laugh so hard at work. I loved your account of your trip. It made me feel like I was there. Which brings me to this point. I am so jealous. I wish I was there. Next time any of you go on these trips tell me and I will see if I can come. It will be a little hard coming from Toronto but I would love to see if I can make the trip if you tell me a head of time.

Also, after reading all of your accounts, I became interested in researching what haunted places Toronto has. I'm putting something together, so if anyone of you ever decide to come to Toronto let me know and we will go together.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
stephy

You have me in absolute stitches here, eaisly one of the more entertaining stories I have read on this site! 😆 😆

Your pictures are pretty cool too. The tower pic is especially creepy, I wonder who or what the heck was watching you all? And the demon bats? Well now I can understand what granny was talking about lol.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed this!
kittymotley (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
This sounds awesome! If you ever go hunting in the Oklahoma, Texas area me and my husband would love to join if you wouldn't mind. We've never been hunting but it's something we always say we're going to do. Just can never come up with a team or a place to go 😢
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Ah thanks Miracles for clearing that up. I thought I remembered you saying you bought a new one. That must have been someone else. Maybe Cosmogal? I dunno. Anyway, Granny is absolutely right. I was skeptical too about that flashlight stunt working, but it was so ridiculously on cue each time. Is anyone here? Flashlight instantly turns on! Can you confirm that you're here by turning the flashlight back off? Instantly turns off. It was like that for a while too, until it got "tired" I guess. It didn't just jump on or off while we were asking questions, no premature light changes. It always changed after we asked the question. That was quite convincing.

Jesus soldier - I kept debating sleeping in the Chapel or in the library or in the "kidney punch" room, but the only thing keeping me from doing it was the thought of waking up totally alone in that place lol. The sleeping part I was ok with, it was the waking up and making my way back alone part that I was kind of cowardly about. Maybe next time. 😉
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
stephy - yes and no. My DVR is about 1 1/2 years old, but I use rechargeable batteries that were fully charged before leaving home for the tour. I thought maybe my batteries had been "drained" or something, but that wasn't even the case because obviously we listened to the little bit of the session that actually recorded.

I also, upon returning home, listened to the EVPS on my DVR (total of over 1 1/2 hours combined), loaded them onto my computer, and still had half the battery usage left 😕 Just odd because my DVR has never, ever done that before and I've used it a lot. And I do mean a lot 😆
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Awesome account of events here stephy! I am so jealous I don't live in USA I sooo would have loved to go! Thanks for sharing this was awesome sauce to read!
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-07)
Oh yeah, the pictures were awesome. The tower picture is chilling, but that picture of the chapel is creepy. I see the light on that bench clearly. Can you imagine sleeping in that chapel alone for the night, with nobody else in the whole building, or sleeping in that basement? Whew, spooky spooky lol.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-07)
That is really weird. Spirits always block out the good stuff haha. I'm curious about those hidden messages, as we all are. Thanks for adding that though, really cool.

JS aka Brandon 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-07)
stephy: Thank you for adding that!...I think we all thought somebody else was going to post about it LOL... I was in a prime position to see the red light on Miracles recorder, and it was flashing the whole time... I think we even have a picture where it's visibly, definately on...

Skeptics can say what they want about this form of communication, and I was skeptical of this method myself, but after having witnessed it, it's pretty compelling to have your questions answered on cue...
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-07)
Thank you everyone for reading this terribly long account! I'm glad you enjoyed the humor. I'm surprised no one mentioned the flashlight experience.

Long story short, we did the minimaglight trick where you turn the mini mag light just to the point where its almost ready to turn on. We asked the "spirit" a series of questions and no kidding, the light turned on and off. It was really deliberate at first, turning on sharply then turning off sharply, but as the questions went on, the "ghost" apparently got tired, and it gut stuck in between on and off and flickered for a while.

Miracles put her Digital voice recorder right next to the mini mag light, to see if she could pick anything up while the "ghost" turned the light on and off. Her DVR had a flashing red light when it was on and recording. So our whole group was there, Scott our guide too, and we were all watching the minimaglight turn on and off and watched Miracle's DVR blinking away, recording whatever was going on.

So later, when the questions were over, we went back to the breakroom and wanted to listen to Miracle's DVR. We turned it to the point where we started asking questions. We only got a minute and a few seconds in when the DVR stopped recording. Now, we were asking it questions for 15-20 minutes, and that light was blinking the whole damned time. But apparently 1 minute in, it stopped recording. It was a new DVR she bought, and it was working fine both before and after that event, right Miracles? That was freaking creepy. Even Scott was like "wwwwhhhhhat?" Pretty cool though. I really think there was something there turning that light on and off, besides gravity as the skeptic in me would suggest. Gravity may turn it on, but why turn it off and on and off and on over and over? Spoooooky! 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Stephy (and all our Intrepid Adventures),

I have truly enjoyed the relating of this Ghost hunt by you and the others that attended. The 'Journal Format' makes them easy to follow and allows 'us' the readers to better 'overlap' the events of each individual. I hope there are still a couple of individuals who have not submitted their own 'version' of events concerning the night.

One things for sure... You folks have Simply Ghost Nerds beat hands down...

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
misstee4 (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
I love how you wrote this, had me laughing picturing a ghost hunt that mainly consist of running from evil bats, and the part where you said they were trying to seperate you was hilarious! Makes me wish I were there, glad no one got hurt though 😁
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Stephy I can not stop laughing! "Who farted in the Wardens Quarters"? Rolf! I completely forgot about that. 😆 Great recap of night's events. Winged spawn of Satan and all. Loved it. ❤
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
This story was great, and i'm very silly, so the jokes were a BIG plus. You remind me of myself, when you walked in alone. I been hearing about these demon bats since the first story was published. I finally see why their demon bats now 😆. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
I love it! We had so much fun running from the bats. I still think it was the same bat, stalking me all over the building. On a serious note, it's still hard to believe how much evidence we were able to get on our first overnight ghost hunt. It must have been our combined powers! 😁
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
HAHA, yeah. I live in the country now and see bats fly above my head all the time. In fact, I've dealt with a lot of bats throughout my life, but somehow its different when you get 1 scared one in your house, or if they're flying around outside verses flying 2" constantly above your head in a low-ceiling haunted building. 😜

What's funny is you're right. I'm predominantly from Grand Rapids, MI, Maria is Predominantly from Chicago and Cosmogal is from New York. It really does make us look like sad city girls huh? 😆

I'm glad you guys liked it. Yes its written in humor, because let's face it, DEMON BATS! Sadly, even though its a comedy, its pretty much exactly how the night went. 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Okay - I seriously needed coffee before reading the story. You did include the picture. Can we say "Dumb Blonde Moment!" How did I not see the pics? OMG! Where's my crown?!

It's going to be one of those days... I think I should just go home 😢

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: