You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Contact In The Dining Room-kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

Contact In The Dining Room-kitchen

 

The year was around 1983-84, I relate roughly to this time because my oldest Daughter by my first wife was around 3 or 4 at the time, being born in 1980.

There was Me, My Dad, my Sister Trish, my Brother David and Dave my Brother-in-law. We were having a family chat around the Dining room table when Trish asked us if we would like to contact a spirit, I was very reluctant but went along with it anyway. Didn't have an Ouija board, we wrote letters on pieces of paper and YES and NO then placed them in a circle as you do.

I seem to remember my Dad saying to get the lightest glass possible so it would be easier for the spirit to move it, he also said when we were up and going to place the pieces of paper not too close to the edge because if the glass went over any cracks the spirit might escape. By this time I was secretly freaking but never let on how I felt.

Anyway we all put our little fingers on the glass and Dad asked if there was anybody there, after about the fourth or fifth time the glass started to move. It moved to a J. Dad asked a few more questions and eventually found the spirit to be female by the name of JANE. The words: Friend, unhappy, then another name came up the name of her Daughter which was: NATASHA. We finally found that this spirit was one which had not passed but one which was still very much alive! We were all very shocked because even though we gave it a go we weren't really expecting anything to happen.

A few minutes later we were all in the front room talking about it when we heard a smash in the kitchen, when we went to investigate we found the glass we had used for contact about ten feet away from the table.

At first I thought someone was messing around and I suppose they well could have been but then how that does explain the glass from the table to the floor 10 feet away... There was nobody else around! And the Kitchen exit door was locked!

The next day my sister told us her friend Jane had fallen to sleep around the time of the séance, but we never did let on to her about the experience.

I can still remember the hairs go up on the back of my neck now and the fear I felt with it. Very freaky.

From that day to this I have not touched an Ouija board and probably never will again.

I have heard since from various people that the Ouija must never be messed with! Perhaps that's why the glass was smashed?

Thanks again for reading my story and even though I got proper shook up in this story I still feel a calming feeling about life after death because let's all face it we are all looking for proof and I as one of the chosen few has found it. I feel very lucky and honored to have experienced these happenings...

Other hauntings by nighthawkman

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nighthawkman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Kinda makes you wonder what she was doing when the cameras weren't on her and Daph...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Maybe she was Astro Glidin'...with BOB. He was the character they didn't talk about.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
DA,
Did you know Velma's last name was Dinkley? I think her purse vibrated long before cell phones were invented. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

;) Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
I don't know Scoob, but I'm not feeling too good about mayo on our sandwiches anymore...

Hahaha, sorry geetha50, I couldn't help myself! I read that and went *snrk*... 😆
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
nighthawkman,
When it comes to the paranormal, anything could happen. This is the first time I heard of contacting the spirit of a living person. But then again, I do believe that our spirits do leave our bodies while we are a sleep to do other things and what you experienced isn't a long shot.

It must have been really freaky to be confirmed by your sister about her friend.

DeviousAngel,
Like your name suggests, you are so devious. You are so bad 😉 😆
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Ruh-roh! Now I know why Shaggy wouldn't tell me where all that ectoplasm comes from.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
I don't know if anyone else noticed but um... Astro Glide? Lol that is a brand of...ahem..."personal lubricant"...hahahaha. I don't think I'll ever look at spirits the same!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Very interesting story here nighthawkman. I've heard of cases like these, where the "Spirit" is not a Spirit. The soul can leave the body if it wants to (Near Death Experiences and Out of Body Experiences are examples of this), and they say that when you dream, it is your Soul leaving the Body to go on an "adventure" as it were. So, it could have been Jane (Alive Jane) in Soul form.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
Astro Glide... I like the name of that term lol!
I too messed with the ouji once when I was very young and didn't know better. It may have been what opened the door for my sister and I although I can truly say nothing evil has happened to either of us.

I agree, it is a honor to be allowed to experience the other side.

Thanks again! ❤
nighthawkman (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
redphx, I understand that you don't understand my story, unless it is experienced it is hard to believe but isn't that the case with us... The ones who experience these happenings and the ones who don't.
Bit of a coincidence her Daughter Natasha was mentioned too but you are entitled to your own opinion, thanks for commenting 😊

Otteer, thanks and up until that experience I had no idea the living could Astro glide as it is apparently called. 😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
Good story!

Any communication using our 6th sense is mediumship. Ie - all the sitters were mediums at the time of the seance. It is the belief of many that when you sleep you can leave your body to perform needed tasks. Mediums have reported communicating with these roving sleepers. If a medium has opened a channel to spirt who wishes to communicate, it is possible to communicate with any type of spirit the medium is open to. Sounds like this Jane was looking for help and found an open door that night. Never say never I say.

When I had my dream about my friends car accident, I was literally seeing it all through his eyes and he spoke to me and I replied in the dream after the actual crash. Everything I saw and heard was confirmed with my friend when I got to him at the hospital. This is a form of spirit travel during sleep. I have also left my body and watched my mother in the living room for a bit and confirmed what I was seeing and hearing with her the next day.

As for the glass crashing, maybe it was something that didn't make it through during the seance. Never know!

Thanks for the story! ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
I don't understand this story. Living people can't speak through these boards. Jane very well could have been the name of the spirit you were talking to as Jane is a common name or the spirit was talking about Jane and wasn't able to communicate that clearly. And since the spirit wasn't getting the intended message across it got mad and smashed the glass. That is my opinion
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
You were curious; you played; you saw the results-now you what Ouija boards can do. I hope your curiousity was satisfied. I recommend, for peace of mind, DON'T PLAY WITH ONE EVER AGAIN! You'll sleep better at night.
Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Wow- I've never heard of a live person talking through a Ouija board; that IS freaky!

Did anyone ever ask Jane if she remembers what happened that night?
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
This story is so interesting! Never play withh Ouija boards! Don't even think about it! It is really odd that Jane was asleep, and she could contact you. Wow. This story is going on my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: