You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: A Dark Shadow In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

A Dark Shadow In The Night

 

This happened to me when I was about 5yrs old, to me this is my first experience but I think it's the first I remember. My family (mom, dad, older brother, and older sister) and I had just moved to a new house. My family always rented so we would move quite often. The house we moved into was on the west side in Corpus Christi, Texas. It had 3 bed rooms two next to the living room and one that was added on in the back of the house next to the kitchen. That room became my sister's and my room. It was the biggest room, but I remember I never liked it because always felt cold in there and it didn't help that the floor was concrete.

One night after having been asleep I remember waking up very thirsty. My bed had a rail so that if I rolled over in my sleep I wouldn't fall on the floor. I was always scared of falling out so I decided I would call across the room to my sister so she could bring me a glass of water. I rolled over (since I was facing the wall) and looked over to my sister's bed. I remember I could see it clearly. I would always ask my sister to leave the kitchen light on so I wouldn't be scared, but that night it made things worse. My sister who always slept with the covers over her head was laying there; I could clearly see her feet. Right above her just hovering there was this huge black shadow. It didn't look like a human or anything it just looked like a black blanket that was floating in mid-air. I quickly pulled the covers over my head and growing up Catholic I did the only thing my 5yr old brain could think of. I started praying. When I finished praying the 'Our Father' I pulled the covers down slowly and peaked at my sister. The black shadow was gone.

The next morning I quickly told my mom what had happened that night. She looked at me confused for about a minute but then just smiled and said, "Well I guess you saved your sister's life last night."

Just to add more detail to the story let me tell you a little about my sister. At the time she was about 15yrs old. She was dating this guy who was into drugs. I'm pretty sure she was doing them also. Many times my sister would sneak out in the middle of the night and head over to her boyfriend's house. Another thing, I'm not sure when but at some point during this time period my brother and sister decided to play around with the Ouija board. Since my mom wouldn't buy them one, they decided to make their own. When my mom found out she burned it.

Other hauntings by semisweet

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, semisweet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

semisweet (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Yeah my mom is very religous and we would pray everyday so that's why I remembered it. I never thought about it being her aoura thanks for that insight and yes my sister is doing much better.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
I'm impressed you could memorize Our Father at 5. I didn't have to learn it until I was 7 and it was not fun, although I had a harder time remembering all the continents for some reason.

Rather than some kind of spirit or entity, could this have been your sister's aura that you were glimpsing, darkened by her drug use and toxic relationship with her boyfriend? Just something to think about. I hope she's doing better now. 15 is a tough age.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: