You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daughter Sees My Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter Sees My Grandma

 

Just yesterday (Tues, Aug 28, '12), I was getting both of my children ready for daycare. Got my son Grant dressed (4 years old), then my daughter Lucy (1 year old, will be 2 Oct 8). I left her sitting on the couch so I could go get her comb and hair ties to fix her hair.

I sat back down next to her on the couch and said, "Lucy, mommy needs to fix your hair." She continued staring off into space, toward our front door. Then I said, "Come on, Lucy, mommy needs to fix your hair so I can get ready for work." Then she looked at me and said, "Gammaw (Grandma) here," and pointed to the front door. I said, "No sis, Grandma's at work." I thought she was talking about my dad's wife, because she is "Grandma" to my kids. Again, she pointed at the door, and said, "Gammaw here." I told her again that Grandma was at work, but maybe we could see her this weekend. She was getting very frustrated, got up, pulled on my hand, and took me to the hallway where there is a picture of my grandma hanging up, and pointed to it and said, "Gammaw here!" and smiled.

Later in the evening, her dad was here, they were watching videos on youtube, out of nowhere she says, "Gammaw my friend." He asked her, and she said she was NOT talking about "Grammy" which is his mom.

This evening, she was sitting on the couch watching Sesame St. I was on the laptop, sitting next to her. She giggled, pointed at the door, and said "hiding." I asked her who was hiding, she said "Gammaw playin. Wanna play outside." I said, "Grandma wants you to play outside with her?" She smiled a big smile, and shook her head yes. I took her outside, and she just giggled and babbled and played in the dirt and rode on her princess car. I asked her if Grandma was outside with us, and she shook her head yes and pointed to our bench in the yard. When we came inside, my mom asked her if she played with Grandma, and she smiled really big and shook her head yes.

What is funny, is earlier in the day, my mom had asked her if she had seen Grandma today, and she shook her head and said no. That was about 2 hours before she started talking about "Gammaw hiding" and "playing."

I thoroughly believe she is seeing the spirit of my Grandmother. She passed away on November 28 of 2011 at age 92. Why is she just now coming around? And why is my daughter the only one seeing her? I do believe the reason why she may come to our house is because she lived here for a bit after my grandpa passed away in 2004, and she herself was ill and could not take care of herself anymore.

Also, my daughter has stranger anxiety terribly, so why would she not be scared of my grandma's spirit when she sees her? I have had paranormal experiences before, but never in my own home and it was not any relation to me, it was on a ghost hunt. Does anyone think if I snapped a few pictures of her the next time she's talking about "Gammaw" that I might catch something?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissLibby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
Dear MissLibby,

No offence, but that story is more interesting and lovable than scary. Maybe Gammaw wants to see Lucy and play with her. If Lucy is enjoying, then leave her. You can take pictures if you want, with your little girl's guidance, of course, 'cause only she sees Gammaw. Or, you can try to be friendly and ask Lucy what Gammaw does
To her.

P.S.--I think your little girl is cute 😊

Rockangel13 ❤
GreyFeather (44 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-24)
Adorable story. If it is Gammaw, then you have extra help watching over her. Can never have too much help with babies.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
It's no secret that children can see into the spirit world, it's usually around 4 years of age a little gland in the back of our brain called the pineal gland functions fully allowing most of us to switch off and only connect with the world in front of us... For a few people, it don't shut off at all and those groups of folk are known as mediums and have many more of these accounts ahead of them...it's not unusual for our loved ones to appear months or years down the track and I think your child is now only old enough to distinguish who it is and probably grandma wanted you to know through her she's still around as well... Thank you for sharing your account and good on gwamma for having this treasured moment with your daughter.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Gammaw is clearly not a stranger to your daughter and she may have visited before and often but your daughter just wasn't able to verbalize it until now, or just didn't get around to it. For example, Gammaw may have visited her at night and she'd forgotten to tell you by morning. It's commonly thought that young children (and animals) are more open to the spirit world, so that would explain why only she can see Gammaw. You could try snapping some pics. I have a picture of what I believe to be my deceased father. It's sort of a swirly column of multi-coloured light.
ucantseeme (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Libby just take a video or some photos all around the places the next time when your daughter says about the grand ma, she sees her because child may hear or see or sense spirits or gods around us, which the adults can't do, that why babies laugh and cry without any reason.

If you don't want your grandma ghost disturbing her cook foods that are favorite to grandma and place it before her photo and pray to her.
khid (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
firstly, your daughter is adorable. I love it whens she saw "gwamma" koz I can imagine the voices that came out from her... Ok, some people say the spirit of our love ones wld come back and visit, but how often I'm not sure. If its a good spirit, well it won't do any harm. And for your case, I dun think you shld be worried. Afterall, its her great grandma. Lucky lucy. Yup I suggest you can try taking photo. You mite not c the real deal but if there's an appearance of strange orbs. That mite be it...
Good luck. And I enjoyed your story.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: