You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Falling Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Falling Ghost?

 

This event adds to the growing list of odd and unexplainable experiences at my home. The other night I was enjoying a cigar on the back deck as the sun was going down. I normally sit out there in the evenings, weather permitting, and have a cigar and a glass of wine while reading a book or working on my laptop. I find it is a quiet place to collect my thoughts as I wind down for the day. I don't know what got me to look up whether it was tapping the ash of the cigar or taking a puff, but something told me to look beyond my fence line.

It sounds cliche, but I saw what looked like the Hollywood stereotype of a ghost with long flowing white sheets. Or, for those familiar with Chinese folklore, the White Witch. It was a lady that seemed to glide down swiftly, not fall mind you, but come about 50 feet out of the air swiftly to the ground. The white cloth seemed to flow and flutter as she came down. Her hair was fair, somewhere between blond and white and I didn't really make details of her face other than it appeared slender, pale and feminine. Otherwise whatever I saw, there was not a bosom or other physical traits to suggest it was a woman. It was just the impression I had from the flash I saw. The white robes or sheets or whatever they were bleach white and seemed full over the body as they rippled with the wind. Kind of like a flag on a pole flapping around. She didn't look at me or even acknowledge that I was there. This was maybe 20 feet away and 50 feet up when she caught my eye.

And just like that it was over. There was no landing or impact that I saw. If I blinked I would have missed it. I was dumbfounded. What I saw was simply impossible. I sat there for a minute trying to figure out exactly what I just witnessed. There was nobody there. I could see the ground clearly and nobody was around. I am not sure if I saw a ghost or an angel or something else?

Other hauntings by devildogx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, devildogx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
More often than not, when we are at total ease and relaxed, we become so much more open and fine tuned to the surroundings and happenings without actually even registering that strange things are happening around.
I believe this was the case for you... You were at your calmest and easiest and you witnessed one of the many paranormal events that take place everyday (Its like the meteors, thousands land on our planet everday but you don't see em)
Keep us posted if it happens again!
Take care!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: