You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralysis, Spiralling Falling, Shaking Bed, Orb, Smoke

Real Ghost Stories

Paralysis, Spiralling Falling, Shaking Bed, Orb, Smoke

 

I recall having sleep paralysis when I was younger many years ago but cannot recall the nature of it just remembered the feeling from a couple of recent experiences that I have had... I have had two experiences within the last two months... I am a 25 year old male; I live in a town called Rotorua in New Zealand... I have been living alone for the last 3 or so months in my house I have owned for about 4 years... Both experiences have happened when home alone.

The first experience was on a rainy night, I went to bed as normal and remember I was having a very vivid dream, I was dreaming that I was with a friend almost directly outside my house we were about to walk down the alleyway which is almost directly opposite my room across the road... My friend went ahead and I was about to follow when all of a sudden in the dream I lost all energy and slumped to the ground at the front of the alleyway and felt like I was fading away everything started to go black... I then remember the feeling of falling in a spiraling kind of a way in darkness down into my bed which felt like for quite some time. I awoke from this falling feeling and I was completely paralyzed didn't feel like I was being pushed down or sat on or anything like most of the other stories I have read, but it felt like there was some kind of presence in the room... I managed to break free from being paralyzed and I sat up in bed and looked out the window towards the alleyway I had just dreamt about. I don't know why, I think it was because the dream just felt so real!

I looked back in my room and from the corner of the room I could see a circular coloured light orb floating towards me. I watched it as it got closer and closer until it seemed to float rite into me I was then instantly paralyzed again while I was half sitting up and felt like this orb had overcome me or entered me or something... I still could see all around the window and out the window but couldn't move my body at all... I was trying to talk but was struggling to get a word out I managed to squeeze out the words "get away from me" as I was a bit freaked out... Shortly after this I was able to move again...

I looked around the room and it looked like I could see smoke rising and swirling around up towards the ceiling this eventually seemed to go away and I went back to sleep...

This experience got me thinking because I had a pretty dodgy sexual experience with a much older lady who gave me a random as ride home earlier that morning after being at a strip club I was highly intoxicated otherwise I would have never gone there with this woman... Was personally ashamed of myself as my standards had dropped by 100%! Made me wonder if I had somehow invited some kind of a spirit or something from doing something kind of sick that I knew I shouldn't of...?

My second experience was 2 weeks ago. I had been home alone all afternoon, had been smoking some cannabis and had been on the internet downloading music and listing to music on YouTube... I had got onto some quite dark music... Horror core genre hip-hop and downloaded a mix tape album that ended up being quite demonic... It is not really my usual choice of music although I do like some darker style music but not into Satanism or anything...

Anyway I went to bed reasonable early that night... I must have been asleep for a while can't remember if I was dreaming about anything but I was sleeping on my side and when I awoke I was paralyzed in this position... Just before I awoke was a similar feeling to the spiraling falling feeling I had with the previous experience but it felt like my bed was shaking around quite violently like an earthquake and it felt like it had actually tipped me out of bed just before I awoke... But I hadn't moved at all... I managed to break out of the paralysis by moving my fingers first it was a real struggle to move them, had to try extremely hard! It also felt like my hips where kind of having a spasm, I felt like there was some kind of bad presence in the room... Thought I could slightly see the smoke again not as present as the first time though... I got up and put the light on to make sure nothing was there, everything was normal...

I then put the TV on to take my mind of things as I was quite scared to go back to sleep in the dark as felt like it was going to happen again... I was again thinking back to the evil music I had listened to earlier and wondered if I had invited or attracted something into my home to cause this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vegas101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EvilAlbear (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
I highly doubt you are having actual paranormal activity going on. It could just be that youre experiencing more sleep paralysis. And about the music, don't even worry about that brother. I listen to bands like cannibal corpse and behemoth that are all about death mutilation and lucifer and things of that sort. I don't have paranormal experiences or anything of that sort
mickamoo (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-11)
This has happened to me many times. One time I thought I rolled our of my bed, through the floor to the basement. When I could move again I was in my bed. It is always accompanied by a loud buzzing noise in my head. I finally deceded to not try to move or talk during this, and nothing bad happens, it just stops on its own. Sometimes it happens twice a night. I have no idea what causes this. It has been happening to me since childhood.
kristibaee (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-10)
it could be sleep paralysis, but it think you experienced this cause yuh smoked weed and you were hallucinating haha:)
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-23)
There are many writings on Astral travel, and the larger conscious. To break it down, I really think it is just a natural thing that happens. And when you find it happening, realize it is happening, and don't let your fear get the better of you. It is said EVERYONE does it, but only some realize they are doing it. Most people think that they are dreaming.
Good luck! 😁 If you need any advice, I have read up on the subject, feel free to e-mail me.
vegas101 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-21)
Ha yea spirit leaving your living body sounds pretty scary! Any thoughts on why that may possbily happen?
Jaden (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-19)
Sounds similar to "Astral Travel" and "Astral Catalepsy" to me. Alot of people experience this all of the time. You said you like darker bands, try BlutEngel, they're kind of like Vampire Industrial Rock, I listen to them all of the time, never have any problems as far as that goes. 😁
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-19)
IF you left your body during sleep, it is quite possible, you might have scared yourself, having the realization your were not in body, which is quite common. You manifest things that are not real, and you conscientiously send yourself "spiraling yourself" back into your body.
But considering, you need to be careful what you read and listen to when you are into darker tunes and writings, as I like the genre myself, you are liable, when surfing, to get into something you might not want to. Stick to the "clean" bands and artists you know!
If you are into stuff like that, check out Angle of Incidence, North Carolina, USA. I think you will like it.:) and it is safe.;)!
Cassie1083 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-18)
sometimes a spirit can leave a body that is still alive. Like you said that your dream felt so real, it might have felt real because your spirit left your body somehow.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-17)
OooOOOOoooo ty Rash for the youtube info I too will be watching this.
Rashidah (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-17)
During 'sleep paralyses' you experience strange sensations like falling and so on, you see strange spiritual entities and other presences.

I know exactly how you feel.

The best person I can recommend you to look at is astralboobaby on youtube. He best describe these experiences.
Watching his videos has helped me a lot too.

I just thought I will just say something before the other posters jump on the monotonous explanation of lengthly copy and paste solutions from medical doctors who seem to confuse this phenomenon further.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: