You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Falling Photos And The White Teddy Bear

Real Ghost Stories

Falling Photos And The White Teddy Bear

 

On the morning of 17th February 2014, I received mail from our eldest daughter Nicky. The header to the email was "Strange..." I read with interest; this is the story that emerged.

Shenay, our nine-year-old granddaughter had just spent a weekend with us - nothing unusual in that. We had fetched Shenay directly from school on Friday afternoon. Nicky, her aunt and guardian, came to fetch the little one from us on Sunday afternoon, to take her back home. On their arrival at home, Nicky stayed in the kitchen to pack out frozen food, which we had given her, while Shenay scooted to her bedroom to put away her school bag etc.

Next minute, Shenay comes haring out of her room, with a framed photo in her hand - a photo which had been in a group of three, quite high on her bedroom wall. Shenay was upset and anxious not to be blamed for the incident. (Nicky says she immediately knew that Shenay had nothing to do with the removal of the picture.) She had found the photo of her and her mother, lying on her dressing table, and another photo from the group was missing. Strangely, the other photo including another child was still in place. Shenay has never been one to fiddle with things like that; besides, the photos were up high and not easily accessible. Nicky immediately went with Shenay to hunt for the missing photo. They found it behind the dressing table. Okay, one would say that there is nothing too unusual about pictures falling off the wall. However, it was not just string and a nail securing the pictures to the wall. The photo frames had metal pieces with a hole for a hook to fit through. The hook was still securely anchored in the brick wall. My husband had hung the pictures. He says that there was just no way that the pictures could just "fall" off the wall. They would have to be lifted off the hooks; plus, the bottom corners were stuck down with presstick.

Upon reading said mail, my hubby and I both came to the same conclusion. Angel (our deceased daughter's name) came to visit and leave a sign for her daughter. Why else would it be in Shenay's room and only pictures of her and her young daughter?

Later that day, Nicky phoned me with another interesting piece of information. Earlier in the week, Nicky had been listening to the radio. John Edward had been on, giving someone a "reading". During the reading, the person got a message from the other side, saying "The picture that fell off the wall, well, that was me." Nicky remembers thinking, "Hmm, so spirits can mess with things like pictures too". The memory of the radio program only struck her nearly twenty-four hours after the incident in the bedroom.

On Saturday, 1st March, Shenay came to our house for an unplanned sleepover. We had started laying synthetic lawn in Nicky's postage-stamp sized garden, but the rains came and put an end to the endeavours. Nicky was very frustrated and out of sorts, so we brought Shenay home with us, in the hopes that Sunday would bring better weather and the job could be finished. (No such luck though.)

After supper, we each sat at our respective PC's, amusing ourselves until 9pm. Shenay and I tootled off to bed, while my hubby continued to play his war games. Shenay went straight to sleep, while I lay reading for about an hour. I could still hear the low rattle and bangs of the (somewhat) muted sounds of a battlefield coming from the PC room - hubby was still fervently waging war.

I had to use the loo before snuggling down for the night, but decided to use the bathroom in the granny flat so that I would not have Zeus (my dog) coming to investigate. As I walked around our double bed to exit our room, I switched on hubby's bedside lamp. When I returned to our bedroom, there, neatly balanced on a fold of sheet in the middle of the bed, was a small white teddy bear. Now this little teddy bear had belonged to our deceased daughter; she had always kept it wedged behind the railing of her headboard - we now kept it wedged behind ours. This teddy does not sit very easily: it has to be propped up; otherwise, it falls onto its back. I stood looking at this sight in amazement for a few seconds before a big smile spread across my face.

I whispered, "Thank you Angel", and gave the teddy a hug before replacing it behind the headboard and climbing into bed. My hubby was ever so slightly annoyed with me the next morning when I related the previous night's experience. He wanted to know why I did not call him to see for himself.

Wednesday 2nd April was pretty hectic. Hubby was rushing me to get ready to go shopping as he had planned a trip to another town to buy a part for my PC. I rushed off before making our bed, and we stayed away most of the day. Later that evening, Ray went to make up our bed, but I never entered our bedroom before retiring for the night.

I decided to retire quite early that night, as I was tired from the long day. I snuggled down after reading a page or so of my book. As I squirmed for a moment or two, trying to get comfortable, I discovered a lump in the bed, under the covers. I stretched out my hand, found the offending lump, and pulled it out. It was that white teddy again! It was buried about twelve inches below the top of the bed covers.

I questioned Ray about it the next morning. He swears that he did not put it there and that the teddy was still safely ensconced behind the headboard when he left the bedroom.

Monday 21st April: Shenay had spent the long Easter weekend with us again. We returned her to Nicky and stayed to have a braai (BBQ). We got home, amidst heavy traffic, before dusk.

After checking my mail on my PC and playing a game, I decided to turn in. I glanced at the white teddy wedged behind the headboard, noting that it was almost dead centre between Ray's side and mine, and then propped up my continental pillow for my head, as I intended to read a page or two of my book. (I can never settle for the night unless I read for a bit.) After I finished reading, I leaned forward and grabbed the pillow from my left side, pulling it out so that I could lie flat. Guess who peeped at me from the side of the bed... Yes, it was that teddy again. It was virtually under my bedside lamp at the side of the bed. I had quite a shock, as I know that I had not touched it, not even with the pillow.

I think I am seeing a "pattern" emerging from these experiences. Call me crazy, but I think Shenay is somehow the link. She was, or had been at our house when these things happened. Could it be that her mommy was visiting too? What is your opinion?

Other hauntings by Fergie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fergie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-07)
Thanks Red, for the belated wishes for Angel.

At least she was playful this time, not like the time when she nearly choked me with the smell of the mosquito repellent. I'm sure she never meant to harm me, but she did come on a bit strong that time, LOL.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Red. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-05)
Fergie,

What a playful way for Angel to let you know she is still around.😁 I think that she will be watching over all of you until you are all with her in Heaven.
A belated Happy Birthday to Angel.

Regards
Red
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-04)
Rook,

LOL, yes, she always was the joker, quick witted too. That would be just the kind of thing she would do. I haven't had any sign from her in ages, then this, on her birthday. The other afternoon I had the strong smell of fresh roses which just lasted and lasted. Angel loved roses and we put a rose by her 'shrine' whenever we can, but at the moment we have none in the garden. I guess she was 'giving' me 'roses' in return. 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-04)
Fergie,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like Angel was in a playful mood for her birthday. Nice confirmation that she still visits.

Rook
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-04)
Update: The morning of Angel's birthday this year (23 July), I awoke to find that teddy bear balancing on it's head on the headboard. Naturally, we all denied touching it.
Happy Birthday Angel, we hadn't forgotten what day it was. We lit a red candle for her. ❀
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-13)
Thank you Cman. I thought the teddy bear was a sweet gesture too. Just a cute way of letting us know that our Angel was around. Luckily, No One in our family gets freaked out about these experiences. We have never had anything sinister happen to us, so we welcome our 'odd moments'. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for reading, and your comment Cman.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-13)
This is really sweet. Seems to me that mommy is indeed visiting.:) A little spooky of course, but just the teddy bear thing came off as sweet to me.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-12)
Hi Sam, nice to 'see' you again.

Lol, I hope to never, ever, have to issue tissue warnings on my stories again! I'm so glad I made you smile with this one. 😁 So, "Angel" was my give-away, eh?

To tell you the truth, just this morning before dawn, I had an experience - sounds and the feeling of a presence - it could only have been Angel!

Be patient, maybe you will have an experience with passed loved ones when you least expect it.

Thanks for reading Sam, and your comment. It is always good to hear from you. ❀
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-12)
Hi Fergie, I haven't been around for a while and I started reading this story without seeing who the author was. As soon as you mentioned Angel I knew it was you. For once you have us all smiling instead of crying floods of tears haha. You are a very lucky lady to experience these events from your beautiful daughter. I wish I was so lucky with my loved ones in spirit. Lots of love Sam ❀
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Allesgute, I think motherhood changes many of us in various ways. Yes, I became more sensitive, in more ways than one. Tears can fall at the drop of a hat. I also became 'ferocious' in my protection of my babies. I experienced feelings that I had never even considered, before I became a mom. πŸ˜†
One day, in the distant future when you become a grandmother, you will relive these feelings I am sure.

Give your little girl a hug from me please. ❀ Bless you both.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Swimsinfire, thank you for the nice comment. I am so happy that folks enjoy hearing about Angel. These experiences were surprising, but a comfort to me too.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Thanks Fergie. Not that I haven't been the emotional type before, but I guess motherhood makes us women more sensitive, especially to children. I have realized that I've shed lots of tears on this website.

Also, thanks for your blessings. My baby girl is two yeas old:)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
This is verry comforting. Your Angel stories are wonderfull. Thankyou so much for posting them.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Allesgute, I shall consider myself 'virtually' hugged. Thank you. 😐

I appreciate you taking time to read and reply to my post. May you and your little one (s) have a wonderful life. 😊
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Fergie, this brought tears to my eyes. Being a mother myself, it's bittersweet for me. Wish I could just hug you. God bless the child <3
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
Dear sweet Val, I know you were, and I appreciate that. I am sorry if I didn't reflect that. I should think over my replies more carefully. Also, the written word is sadly not able to give tone or inflection. I apologize for giving the wrong impression with my reply. Please forgive me.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
Roxygirl, thank you for your kind words. I am sure you are correct, Angel will follow her daughter, as she has done so in the past.
I am incredibly lucky to have got so many signs from our Angel and will surely miss them if they ever stop, although they have become fewer and further apart of late.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
Oh, Fergie, I'm sorry. I meant to be supportive with my remark.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
WhiteRing, your kind comment is appreciated.
Lol, I don't think I am tough. I think I have just been lucky! My only truly scary experience I narrated in "Terror in the Prison", and I am still unsure if that was really paranormal.

Life has been good to me, as far as paranormal things go. 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
Khihi180, thank you for your comment.
Lol, it is easy to take care of Shenay as she is such a loving, caring child. When things go wrong for her, she still misses her mommy, but much has improved for her over the past two years. We all give her as much love as we can - I am sure Angel knows that. 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
Val, I ask folks opinions because sometimes I unsure of myself. I always try to debunk an experience but still hope I am not jumping to conclusions. I don't want the experiences to be wishful thinking, on my part. πŸ˜‰

I am sure love transcends all earthly bounds, but sometimes I have to give myself a mental shake.

Nicky was so 'happy' (not quite the right word) about the falling photos because she seldom gets signs from Angel. 😒
roxygirl (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
It is most definitely your beautiful Angel. She will follow her little girl around for many years to come to keep her safe. Just as any other parent in this life does. Your story brought tears to my eyes in a happy way. Thank you so much for sharing and I'm sure that you will enjoy many more moments with your daughter letting you know that she is still with you. 😊
WhiteRing (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
😭 aww, this is so sweet.
You are one tough woman. I get easily creep out by such things. Even a single banging scares me, let alone if I see something move. >.<
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Aaawwww this is just so adorable:) I'm sure it's angel coming to check on her daughter and to say thank you to you for taking care of her little one so lovingly so that she doesn't miss her mommy's presence:)) ) thank you so much for sharing:)
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Fergie...Fergie...Fergie...do you really need to ask? Of course this is Angel. I think she wants Shenay to know that she is still 'there', that just because her corporal being ended, her love did not. I believe it is also her way of saying Hi and love you to you and Ray.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Fergie - I did, indeed, notice you were still keeping your journal 😊 My journal entries have become few and far between lately as well. I swear this must be vacation time for my cohabitants πŸ˜†
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Elnora, thank you for reading my long-winded narrative.
That white teddy had been carried to hospital so many times during Angel's four year battle that it had become, almost a symbol of hope (?) for her. I can never look at that teddy without thinking of Angel. That, to me, is why I felt so strongly that my baby was sending me a message through it.
Thank you for your kind comment.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Miracles, that was my distinct impression. The items were so "Angel", if you catch my drift; they just couldn't be associated with anybody else.

As you can see Miracles, I still keep my journal, even if it has been rather barren of late. I am wondering if activity will start up again nearer to the festive season. πŸ˜‰
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
It does seem like it would be Angel checking up on you and her daughter. Especially, with the teddy bear being the main source of activity. This is very sweet.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Fergie - I fully believe Angel is visiting and making sure everyone is aware it is her. If it wasn't Angel, why items directly relating to her? Nah, it's Angel checking up on (or in on) y'all 😊

Thanks for sharing this with us ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: