You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Lonely Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Lonely Shadow

 

Here's another story that happened to me last night. I was about to go to sleep and decided to have one more cigarette. Usually I'm smoking in the kitchen. My apartment is located on the second floor. The light was off so it was convenient for me to stand in front of the opened window without being watched by someone.

It was around 1 a.m. As I was standing there I thought about one girl to whom I think I have a strong feeling. But I guess it's too late for me because her wedding was planned on the next day with a man with whom they lived for the last five years. So defiantly I didn't have any thoughts about ghosts, spirits etc. My mind was somewhere else that night. I was thinking about how it would be nice if I only got any chance to be with her. But unfortunately it just wasn't meant to be. Nothing could be further from the truth than my false hopes that one day we'll be together.

With my head down I felt despair because I couldn't do anything to be with her so I guess I have to concede.

I've almost done with the smoking when I heard a loud sound. It was like if someone had kicked plastic bottle on the street and then stepped on it. I looked out but no one was there. Then in the matter of second I saw a woman with her dog. They were just walking towards their home. The only thing that was strange was that I saw not two but three shadows near them. But the third one was kind of strange. It moves back and forth like if it was jumping or something like that, I thought there was somebody else but when I took a good look around I saw nobody but the woman and her dog.

The shadow seemed to be a little child but there was no child around. I was standing there and watching all this stuff. I had completely forgotten about the wedding and my sadness. I was curious and convinced that the shadow I have seen was some kind of either spirit or ghost. But I couldn't figure out what it was for sure.

After 10-15 seconds they turned over the house and disappear. So did the shadow.

I'm still thinking about it. Later that night I couldn't fall asleep. Her lips, smile, her eyes and her voice... My heart is falling apart... I was thinking about the shadow and "my" girl at the same time. My head was about to explode I didn't know on what should I focus.

I probably saw a ghost right then. For the first time in my life.

On the other hand I have to deal with the fact that I couldn't ever be with her...

Well. That's my romantic story.

Who knows? Maybe that shadow was some kind of sign to me. Maybe it tells me "Hey. Don't be so sad look at me, jump with me..." I wasn't afraid; nor did I feel any emotions actually. I was just standing there, watching the shadow (that just shouldn't be there) jumping around that old lady and her dog.

And one more thing I want to tell you: take care of your loved ones, cherish each day that you have spent together.

Other hauntings by TimDefacto

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TimDefacto, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mysterious_sunset (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
I love how you wrote your story, very detailed and some romance as well. I hope you find your love. And there is no doubt about that shadow trying to distract you from your thoughts. Best regards 😉
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-24)
Well my cat senses me and my dad from 20 meters away, she would look at the window, and wait for us to come inside. She does this because that's the only time she can really try to escape.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-24)
Ok here is what I think. The shadow can 1) be telling you what you said or 2) that it may be your son/daughter following you. See think of her dog and that woman that it's you and another person you maight get with,
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-03)
I know it's hard, Tim, but try to focus on other things and your feelings will fade in time. And don't feel guilty. You can't help having the feelings, but you can help how you deal with them. As long as you're doing your best, there's nothing to feel guilty about.
TimDefacto (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-03)
Tomorrow I will post some pictures of the layout of the area I live at. And will point out the spot's where that old lady and her dog have been walking...:)
TimDefacto (3 stories) (5 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-03)
geetha50

1.Nope. The dog seemed quite fine. I also thought it was weird because of the animal skills. If you have read my first story about an encounter I had a several years ago. At the time, my deceased dog, Marshall acting strange, like if he had seen something that I did not. But that dog was just walking nearby that old lady. I didn't notice that he had felt something he should be afraid of.

2.Well (I think this one will cover up the three rest questions). I don't know her actually. She's just my neighbor from the opposite house. Here in Moscow we don't have a single family house's like yours. I live in 12 story house. So do her. We don't even know each other. So if one day I met her and ask her a questions like this she would think that I'm not with a good relationships with my head and call the psychiatric...:) Wouldn't she?

I didn't notice anything abnormal that night actually. I was just seeing something that shouldn't be there - the shadow. Neither of them weren't afraid nor had they seen anything. It looks like if it is only me who has seen it.

Lsandhu
Yes. You're right, I have to move on. But actually it's not so easy as it seems. I keep trying, I really do.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-03)
Ok. I got some questions for you.

(1) When you saw the third shadow, did the dog act out strangely? I ask because animals tend have an extra sense to detect the paranormal and the dog might have detected something.

(2) Were you able to talk to the lady to see if she felt anything? She might have a spirit attached to her.

(3) Also, Were you able to talk to the lady about what you saw and if the house she lives in, has any history?

(4) If by any change, if you talk to the lady ask if she lost anyone like a small child. This child shadow you saw might be someone related to her.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-02)
I think this is a warning that you will be like the shadow if you continue to pine over someone you can't have. It's time to let go and move on.
TimDefacto (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-01)
Thank you for your response!
Well, I think that woman is too old for me...:-) I'm 27 now. She was at her 50-60 I think:-)

The third shadow was really strange. It acting like if it was something like a child playing around his parents. This event was quite short and lasted roughly 20 seconds. I was standing there, smoking and the first thing I heard was that sound of bottle dropped, I was kind of curious. My first thought was that probably some teen guys were playing around. Then I saw that woman with her dog (well, I think I should say an old lady instead, sorry if it confusing you. English is not my native language. So I think there was some grammar mistake's and wrong words. But I keep learning. I really like your language I feel like if it was my native sometimes).
They were just walking toward their home, there was of course: an old lady shadow which was quite well looking regarding the light source under which they were walking, the dog shadow and the third one.
That one was just kind of jumping around, back and forth, up and down... And once and old lady turn around the house, all three of them disappeared...

One of the biggest things I was wondering was why the dog acting like if it was no shadow at all. I heard a lot of stories about the abilities animals have. But that one little puppy seems to be fine and wasn't afraid at all. Nor was an old lady...
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-01)
Hey what a lovely thought Argette, that maybe the woman with the dog is meant to be with him and the spirit was attracting his attention to her...

I wonder why the third shadow you saw seemed so happy and bouncy? This was a very sentimental, touching and quite a curious story.
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-30)
Very lovely story. I hope you'll meet yor own girl. Maybe the girl with the dog?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: