You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Florida Shampoo Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Florida Shampoo Ghost

 

Winter of 2009 was very bad in Eastern Tennessee. It was so cold that our water pipes burst and we had to carry water to our horses. My dad and I happily boarded a plane to St. Petersburg, FL where the highs were still reaching 80 degrees Fahrenheit. It was a very welcome, sunny change. It was also my first beach trip with my dad.

We stayed in a mobile home that belonged to one of my dad's good friends named Bob. We got to the trailer around 1am and we were quite drunk from over-indulging on the flight. Despite the alcohol haze, I immediately felt a presence in the house. Even though I was in my early twenties, I slept in the same bed with my dad that night because I had the sense that something wasn't quite right in the house. My dad laughed at me but he humored me. Both of us are very sensitive and he too admitted that he felt a presence of some sort in the mobile home.

A few hours later I heard my dad exclaim my name and say, "What are you doing!?" Dad turned on the light and looked at me. I was still on my side of the bed and had been sleeping like a log. I asked Dad what happened and he said that something had sat on his knees. He had been laying on his back and he said that a weight hyper-extended his knees and that it had woken him up because it really hurt. We looked and there was a closet on Dad's side of the bed. Dad thought that it was a residual energy that was sitting on the bed to put on his shoes. Dad knew that his friend Bob's dad had died of natural causes in the home and he assumed it was just residual activity.

The next day Dad was still kind of weirded out by the experience. He took a shower in the master bathroom and we went out to eat with Bob and some friends. That night we got home sort of late and we were blown away to see that a large shampoo bottle had been moved from the shower to the bathroom counter. Dad was sure that he had left it in the shower and I was confident that he had not left it on the counter as well. I watched Dad put the shampoo bottle back in the shower.

That night I slept on the couch and Dad slept in the master bedroom. I got no sleep that night because I felt like I was being watched. Dad joked that he slept well because he slept on the other side of the bed and that his knees did not get sat upon that night. The next morning the shampoo bottle had been moved from the shower to the counter once again.

During the day Dad and I took a siesta on the couches in the living room. We had made sure that the doors to the trailer were locked because we weren't staying in the nicest of neighborhoods. After a few hours we awoke to a breeze and the front door was wide open. This really alarmed me because Dad and I had been made vulnerable to intruders during our sleep. There was no way that someone would have been able to pick the deadbolt and open the door without either Dad or me waking up. I spoke to the ghost and said that we respected him and his home, but to please not compromise us like that again.

Later Bob and his mother came over and we told them what happened. Bob blew it off and his mother didn't say anything. While she was in the trailer there was a peaceful feeling. I was trying to convey to the ghost that my dad and I were welcome and invited guests in the home. Bob's mother left us some cupcakes in the kitchen and I was mentally telling the ghost that his wife had made those cupcakes for us as a token of us being welcome and that his wife would be back soon. She would regularly clean the trailer and spend time alone there.

During the rest of our stay there the shampoo was regularly moved from the shower to the counter in the master bathroom but nothing more than that occurred. I feel like the presence in the mobile home was a mix of residual and protective energy. We visited Florida again the following winter and heard that the trailer had been condemned so during that visit we got to stay in a mansion instead. Of course Dad and I were not sad about that one bit and we got a lot more sleep in the mansion since it wasn't haunted!

Other hauntings by SirenBelva

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SirenBelva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-04)
Interesting account SirenBelva, I like the fact that you tried to talk to the ghost whilst you were there, this can be a very good thing letting it know your intentions. The shampoo is strange, I love it, maybe it didn't like where it was kept, possibly an OCD thing haha. Great account thanks for sharing.

Dan
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-02)
I agree that the guy probably was probably particular about the placement of items while he was alive. Maybe he did keep his shampoo on the counter? Thanks for reading! 😁
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-01)
Wow that's really cool that you saw physical evidence of a ghost being in the room with you.I've never experienced that, only heard sounds. I wonder if he was trying to get your attention or if he was just very particular about his shampoo?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-01)
I was thinking perhaps bobs dad or his mother might have usually kept the shampoo on that counter and he was helping to keep it how it used to be?

Interesting story though!
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-30)
I don't think this ghost was trying to harm anyone. I do think he was a residual ghost either. I think that when he was alive he had things set up the way he liked them, and probably did it that way for so long that he couldn't get past it in the afterlife.
aoife (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-30)
i would just like to say bad ghost don't steal shampooooooo but I would be scared if my shampoo was taken ❤ 😆:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: