You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Our Unexpected Visitor In Florida

Real Ghost Stories

Our Unexpected Visitor In Florida

 

I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone but I will try to make it short, not as long as the story I had previously written. Sorry about that. As you probably know by now from reading most of my stories, they are about ghost/spirit visits (not all of the time mind you, but here and there just to make my life a little more exciting and interesting!) from my family members that have transcended from this earth.

My father passed 12 years ago unexpectedly. The week before my Dad's death, I received a phone call at about 7:00 in the evening. I picked up the phone and said hello. It was my Dad. He said hi Jude. I want to move to Florida. I said hi Dad...what, in a very concerned voice. He said to me he wanted to leave and move to Florida right away. I then said to him what are you talking about? He said, Jude, I want to move to Florida, I will be okay there, I just want to move to Florida, I just want to move there, I like it there, I want to get out of here. I was silent on the phone and upset to begin with being that he was diagnosed with a rare cancer and I know he probably was too. His voice did sound a little weak I thought, but it sounded very urgent and he sounded as if he was definitely going to move.

I said to him Dad, just calm down. It will be okay. You can't just pick up and move to Florida. What's the problem? He said, Jude, I have to move to Florida. I want a divorce from your Mom and I want to move to Florida, I'm not happy. At this point I am thinking a divorce? He and Mom have been married 28 years. Not happy? We all weren't considering the life threatening disease my Dad was diagnosed with. What's he talking about? I told him that I loved him, to calm down and to get some rest. I asked him if Mom was around and asked him if she could hear what he was saying. He said no, she isn't here. I kind of thought that odd since my Mom was with him day in and day out helping him cope and taking care of him. I then told him not to worry about anything and I would talk to him tomorrow.

My dad never called me at home. This was the first time he ever called me at my house. We were very close being that I was the only daughter but I found it kind of strange to receive this phone call from him considering he had never did this before.

The last week of February and the first week of March the following year after he passed, my husband and I made plans for a trip to Fort Myers, Florida. His parents had a winter home and our aunt and uncle weren't too far away with theirs. When I told my boss where in Florida of course he wanted us to visit his place on Sanibel Island. We both thought this would be a nice trip for us considering the death of my father. My husband missed him too.

Fast forward to Fort Myers, Florida... Will and I thought it would be nice to go to the flea market with his aunt and uncle. They picked us up in their van and were showing us some of the sights on the way. My uncle stopped the van on the side road (it kind of looked like an alley but cars could drive through) beside a Belle's Outlet. We didn't know why and he said he missed the road that he was supposed to take. My aunt told him to just drive straight through this alley to the street ahead and go from there. So he did.

About halfway up this alley road, I looked in front of me to the left and seen a man walking. Actually that man looked like my Dad, same clothes, same hat, same walk. I knew it was him. He walked with his head down a bit, not straight mind you. I said... Oh my God, look, there's my Dad and pointed straight ahead. Everybody looked to the head of them and everybody was in shock. My husband, aunt and uncle all shouted "it is him".

We went nuts telling my uncle to hurry up. So my uncle sped up. We caught up with him but only for a moment. He was right beside the van. He was holding his hat with his right hand a little over the right side of his face as if hiding it with his head tilted down. My husband and I yelled out...Dad, Dad. My aunt and uncle couldn't believe this. All of a sudden he started to walk a little quicker, I mean before you knew it he was almost to the end of the alley road that we were heading for. He turned to the left and disappeared. My uncle stopped the van to where he turned off. We sat there for a couple of minutes in disbelief. My aunt and uncle kept repeating, did you see your Dad, it was Kenny, it was Kenny, and it was your Dad. We all cried with happy tears because we seen him for one last time in his solid form.

To this day when reminiscing with my aunt and uncle they always end up talking about seeing my Dad in Florida. When I think about this occurrence and the phone call I received the week before he passed, it is a little eerie. So unexpected for and coincidental to see my Dad walking on that alley road in solid form... A road that we ended up on because of a wrong turn.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by lilblackpom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilblackpom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ManuchesterUnited (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
This was one of the most touching stories you have ever written. It was beautifully expressed. You life is wonderful. God Bless You.
LyssaLuva (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
this is a cool story lots of my familys passed away and have come back to say goodbye. 😳
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
Good morning rhodes. Having a day off today, I came to the site. I feel the same as you. It took me a long time to get over my father's death because I knew he was unhappy. I know now that he is in heaven but for a long, long time, I felt he wasn't after this and the phone call I had received before his death. This was a very sad story to me also. Your comments are always right on with what I believe. 😆 Thank you for your kind words here. ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-05)
I really think your dad needed some sort of change in his life at that moment. He had to face two very serious situations-his health problem which was something out of his control and the breaking of his marriage that might have been an outcome of the internal changes he was going through because of his illness. Sometimes when things get out of hand, we tend to think that 'running away', making a fresh start would somehow 'fix' the problem. Florida sure sounds like a nice 'escape' and who knows-it might have been the place he always wanted to end up in or maybe the place from which he had some nice memories.

Whatever the case, I think your dad wanted you to see him, to know that he made it to his last destination and he's happy. You know what? Florida, to me at least, resembles an eathly paradise; the sun, the colorful flowers, the sea. Just the place I wish paradise looked like.

Thank you for sharing a beautiful and yet sad, in many ways, story!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Hello ChrisB. It is always nice to hear from you, I actually missed seeing your name on this site for a while! My father liked Florida but loved Kentucky so I am still trying to figure this one out! I am glad you liked this story. Take care of yourself and thanks for reading. ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I bet everyone has there own heaven. Your father chose florida. But I bet he pops by once in a while to see how you all are doing. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Biemaster thank you for the compliment! 😊 It was very weird considering that my Dad called me a week before he passed and kept relaying the message that he wanted to go to Florida and then the following Spring, all four of us seeing him there. And the wrong turn we made! Strange. It was nice seeing him again. Miss him very much. ❤
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Whoa, lilblackpom, you sure do know how to write a story! Hats off to you!

Great and very touching story! It must have been weird to see your dad there but at the same time, a sign of happiness to see him. It is weird why he wanted to go to Florida all of a sudden and then after he died, you see him there, which he had only suggested going to! Interesting. Thanks for sharing your story with us and hope to hearing more stories from you!

Biemaster
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Lil, that was a wonderful story to read! Thank you SO much for sharing it. I know our goal is to find a way to prove, without a doubt, from a hard scientific standpoint, that the other world truly does exist, and while witness is not solid proof, the quantity of people who saw your dad that day is as close to it as we can get so far. How grand that happened!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hello bette. Dad finally made it to Florida and we all think he was saying his last final byes to us. Thank you for your comments. ❤
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hello Brownie. All four us believe it was my Dad in the alley saying his last final bye to us. Thank you for your comments Brownie. ❤
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hi dreamergal. I think Dad wanted to say his last final bye to us also. Thanks for your comments on this story. ❤
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
lilblackpom-thank you for sharing this story with us. It seems to me that your dad was able to go to Florida, if not in his physical form, at least in his spiritual form. Thank you again for sharing this fascinating story with us.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Hi, thanks for the story, sounded like your dad was in that alley, to let you know that you were going to be alright, and let you guys see him one last time and tell you goodbye in his own way. ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Wow neat sound like a goodbye to ya'll he want to make sure ya'll are safe in florida and say goodbye before he gone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: