You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow, Laughing Girl And Barking At Nothing

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow, Laughing Girl And Barking At Nothing

 

This is something I experienced about 2 years ago, and I can't seem to forget it. It was a short amount of time after we moved into the house I still live in now. It was in my old bedroom, which was upstairs.

One evening I went to bed, and was just snuggling like normal. Then suddenly the lights turned on in the room before mine. I was just lying there in the dark, and saw the strong light shape of my door; I just thought it was my parents even though I was pretty sure they went asleep ahead of me. I didn't think much of it. After the lights were turned on for about 5 minutes I saw a shadow shape of feet at the bottom of the door just standing right before my door. I thought it was kind of weird. It just stood there for 10 minutes without any movement, and suddenly the lights turned off. It just stopped like that...

A few days later I was with a friend of mine, and I went downstairs to get something to drink, then suddenly I heard a girl laughing quickly. I just thought it was my friend. I asked her what she laughed at, and she was like "I didn't laugh...?" I was pretty freaked out. But I am very sure that the shadow shape was an adult, as I can tell by the weight sound when it stepped in front of my door, and how thick the legs seemed to be by the shadow.

Some weeks later, my dog was acting weird. I was home alone with my dog, and it started barking. I went to check it, but it was just staring at some corner and barking, while walking back and forth. Then my dog suddenly withdrew, as if it was a bit startled, then started barking again. Today I don't sleep in the same room and haven't really experienced any paranormal since then.

I'm very curious about all this, so could anyone just tell me a bit of what it could be and such?

Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SprinklesOnTop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SprinklesOnTop (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-25)
Rockangel13 - It was upstairs, I'm pretty sure. Where my friend was as well. But the laugh was louder then my friends voice, so it could be from the stairs. (My friend was in my room) But sure, it could be some weird noise my frend made:)
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
Sprinklesontop--Where did you exactly hear the laughing noise? If your friend was a bit away, and if you heard the noise quite close to you, then maybe it is a little ghost girl.

Rockangel13
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-06)
Yeah it may have gotten bored, or finished its undid bissness.
SprinklesOnTop (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Crestal126 - No, I have not. Which is quite weird. Because those things happened with so small pauses. So I think it's funny how it just suddenly stopped.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-24)
Ok, keep posting! Wonderful and interesting story. Have you experienced any other thing s like that lately?
SprinklesOnTop (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Crestal126 - Thank you for your comment. Our dog is not allowed upstairs, and it's a wooden floor, I would've heard the dogs claws:) About the girl - There was nothing on but the lights, but it could easily be something logical. It's also the least thing out of the three things that scare me.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Hmm very interesting.

The laughing could be made by the house when it settles. But still I have heard a deep hello behind me in my bed so if you disagree I completely understand.

The shadowy creature and the lights, hmm hard one. Oh this is a good one! I'm. Not so sure about the lights, but it could of been your dogs feet, and something stuck on his/her feet to make it sound hard. Then I again understand if you disagree.

Plus did you have the TV on when you heard the giggling sound? It could of been an add we're a girl was laughing.:)

Respectfully

Crestal
SprinklesOnTop (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Miracles51031 - It's understandable with the laugh I heard, but the thing infront of my door was not my parents. The only sounds I heard through it all was the click of the lights turning on and TWO steps of it stepping in front of my door, then the lights turning off. There was no sound of it going away or walking around the room. So it's not possible to be my parents.:) But thank you for the comment.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Sprinklesontop - even though you believe your parents were asleep before you, without having gotten up and checking you can't be sure it wasn't one of them standing at your door. Parents sometimes check on their kids without them knowing 😉. Or at least we think we don't get caught lol. As for the laughing sound, maybe your friend made another sound that just sounded like a laugh... Like a cough or hiccup or something 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: