You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sshhhhh

Real Ghost Stories

Sshhhhh

 

Reccently, my friends and I went to a museum near where I live called the Galleries of Justice. It has actually been voted as one of the most haunted buildings in the UK before so we felt quite brave when we went in there alone. We were looking at one of the exhibitions and one of my friends was too scared to look through any more. She told my other friend and I that she would wait for us at the beginning of the tour and we could meet her there.

My other friend said, "We can't leave you here, William might get you!"

Now William Saville is a ghost known to haunt the Galleries of Justice. He was hanged there in 1844 for murdering and raping his family for no reason whatsoever. He can possess people and he is known as a very evil spirit there. He has thrown things at people and is an all round scary ghost. In fact, when the Most Haunted Team visited the site he was one of the most active spirits in the building.

I said to my friends, "No, don't mention him!" I was slightly scared that he would do something to us, particularly because we were the only people in that part of the museum at that time.

There was then a sudden drop in temperature and someone (or something!) whispered the word "Shhhhhh" to us! It was one of the scariest moments of my life. In fact it was so bad we all ended up running out of the building, one of my friends screaming hysterically, and with all of us vowing to never go back in there again.

The next day I discovered that I have been placed there for my work experience placement later on this year, so it will definitely be a terrifying experience.

Other hauntings by Hetti

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hetti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
mammaentilmia200900 the Most Haunted team have done an investigation at the museum and Yvette Fielding later said that it was one of the scariest places she'd ever been to! I think you should definitely check it out:)
mammaentilmia200900 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
sounds scary, I wish you the best of luck on the job there:-) I wonder in ghost adventures have been there hmm must check out. 😜
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
It really is a great place for ghosts and spirits, lots of people have been known to have been possessed! I will try and keep you all up to date when I am on my work experience placement. Wish me luck! 😁
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
I deff agree with Rook... Try and stay positive and please keep us updated. Thanks for sharing!
cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
I went there and something possed me my sister and my cousien all at the same time
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
Relax and keep your mind in check.
Wear a hat (in case things get thrown... 😜

And please share your experiences.

So far (as I understand) nobody has been hurt, so you'll be fine.

Oh and don't watch 'night at the museum' 😉
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Thank you very much for the comments! I have checked out the other experiences in the museum, and lots of things like what happened to me have been reported. Thank you again!

Hetti x
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Actually this sounds like a very interesting place... Can I come along? 😜 Anyway, you must keep in mind that you are in control at all times. If you go in with fear any ghosties that are around are going to sense that and use that fear. Try to build yourself up before you go such as give yourself a pep talk. The shhhh could have come from anyone as this William ghost doesn't sound like the type that would say this... I would think it would be something more frightening.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Zeta.
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
I think you will be just fine. Surround yourself with protective light, and you'll be good to go. I agree with Rook, in that being in the "holy crap" mindset, will only add to your anxiety and fear. Good luck to ya.
broiquapride (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
maybe it was another ghost telling you guys to be quiet so that the evil spirit does not hear you 😢
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Hello Hetti, first I would like to say that probably because you people were quite scared of going out there, the sound could have driven you out. Your friend's willingness to get out could also have added to your sub-conscious thoughts. So, I feel there could be some rational explanation to the sound "sshhhh" and it need not necessarily be paranormal. But, if you are going for your work experience to this place with this frame of mind, I do not think you would be able to complete it successfully.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Hetti,

I urge you not to go there for your 'work experience' with this mind set...

"...so it will definitely be a terrifying experience."

You'll 'psych' yourself out before you even begin and will not be able to separate experiences with a 'natural' explanation from a true Paranormal experience.

I suggest learning what you can about the reported experiences within the museum. See if they really were about and have any of them been worth your preconceived 'fear'. Once you start working there please keep a Journal and keep us updated.

I for one do not think 'William Saville' is going to 'get you'.

Respectfully,

Rook
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
good story... & you have to go back for work experience later this year? Oh my goodness... Well I hope william doesn't "get' you... Ahh ha ha (evil laugh) ah ha ha 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: