You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Boxing Day Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Boxing Day Ghost

 

The experience happened to me about two years ago but I've only just recently thought about sharing it, as when I told a few of my friends they didn't believe me.

My parents split up quite a few years ago so I spend Christmas Day with my mum and then spend Boxing Day with my dad and have a second Christmas Day then.

So on this particular Boxing Day I came back from my dad's house and there was snow everywhere. This is an important detail because we had no windows open because of how cold it was.

I was sat in the living room on my own, as my dad had gone home, my sister was putting away her presents upstairs in her room, and my mum was in the kitchen sorting out the leftover food or something like that.

I was sat on the sofa when suddenly it felt like somebody blew in my ear! It was that strong that all of my hair moved to the side and I actually flinched. I looked to the side straight away but there was nothing there.

Like I said earlier, there were no windows open and there were no drafts as the doors were shut to try and keep as much warmth in as possible. It freaked me out quite a bit as this was one of my first ghostly experiences, so I ended up rushing into the kitchen to my mum and staying in there with her as I was worried about whatever was in the living room.

My mum persuaded me that it was probably just a spirit messing around and they probably weren't intentionally trying to scare me. But what do you guys think? What do you think it could have been? Was it someone just being friendly or was someone trying to scare me?

Other hauntings by Hetti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hetti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-03)
I will be careful, thank you for the advice, I'll take it on board
EmoVampirePerson (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
Hi Hetti I can tell you that this may be a spirit passing through, he or she may be friendly but be careful
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
Thank you for replying. I think it's likely that it was a friendly spirit, but it still freaked me out! Thank you again 😊
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
I think they were just messing with you... If that was me I would of probably freaked out.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Hi Hetti,

I tend to agree with sds. I had something very similar happen to me, a few years back. Something blew on the back of my head, hard enough to part my hair. There were also no windows or doors open, and I was alone in the lounge. 😕

At the time, I thought it may have been my aunt (passed on a few years before) but still can't say for sure. Nothing like that ever happened to me before, or since.

I don't think it was meant to be scary.

Sorry, I can't be of more help.
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Thank you, it was nice for someone to reply, thank you for the help and advice 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Hi Hetti, I think, probably, it might be some stray paranormal encounter and nothing more. Because I think that it was the only experience you had in the house. We call here in our circle, a walk-in and walk-out entity. Like they just come, we do not know for whatever reasons, make their presence known, and just go off.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: