You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hit By A Car?

Real Ghost Stories

Hit By A Car?

 

I live on a small side street just off a really big main road. To get to school every morning I have to walk up this main road a little bit and then catch a bus from there. I do this every morning.

A few times I have seen a little boy in a really old fashioned school uniform, with little shorts and a cap, walking down the road. But the minute I look away and then turn back to look again he's gone. There's nowhere for him to go because from where I walk, you can see everything. I've seen him quite a few times, he doesn't scare me, I'm just interested in him.

So on one particular morning, I didn't see the little boy and I was wondering why and where he was. I got to the bus stop and there was no one else there that morning. All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of white, in the shape of a person, running across the road. There was a car coming very quickly down the road at the same time and they collided.

I gasped really loudly, thinking that someone had just been hit by a car right in front of my eyes. The car carried on driving and I was terrified that this person had been left dead in the middle of the road.

I looked over with my eyes kind of closed, because I was really scared that I was about to see a dead body, and there was nothing there. Literally nothing. No one had run in front of the car and the car hadn't hit anything.

I was in shock and nearly missed my bus because I was so busy looking at this empty spot in the road.

I don't know whether it was the same spirit as the little boy, whether he was hit by a car and that's how he died? What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by Hetti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hetti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
BatCat101
You may be right about him warning the OP about how fast the cars go in that area. But I also agree that he is showing her where and how he died.
Hetti I would go to the library and look up accidents on this particular road. You might find your answer there.
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
Thank you very much for all the comments! I am trying to check out the records for accidents on the road and I will let you know if anything else happens. I am pretty sure that it was a 'person' who ran across the road, not something else.

Hetti x
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Hi Hetti, nice simple story-I like those the best! 😊. Just need to ask you something on this:

'All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of white, in the shape of a person, running across the road. There was a car coming very quickly down the road at the same time and they collided.'

You seen this happen own partially, not full on. You say it was a flash of white. Infact this could of been anything. I know you said earlier on about seeing a boy but this mighten't be at all connected. It might of looked like a person's shape, but can you be sure when seeing it from the corner of your eye?
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
This is interesting because I have heard of so many of these types of occurrences... People walking down the same highway as they were killed on, kids being hit by the same car over and over again.

Question for anyone out there. I always thought that a residual haunt ghost is unaware of the situation. In other words, the residual will continue on and on but the real soul of the ghost is not even present. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks, zeta.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Is there any way you can get information on prior accidents at that stretch of road? You might get answers by asking an older adult who lives in the area or the local police. It does sound like a residual; the boy may have been late that morning (why you didn't initially see him) and he came running up the road, only to dash across at the wrong time.
broiquapride (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
i think it is the same spirit as the little boy in the uniform and yes maybe he was showing you how he died 😐
RollingStonesGhost (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Poor little guy. He is probably risidual, re living the same sad end. It's just a horrible thought. And it must have been hard for you to witness that replay.

Driving to and from work everyday I see kids running across the roads and more often than not, they don't look first. It really makes my nerves on end. And I reinforce to my girls who walk to school, yes with an adult but still, to make sure they look both ways before crossing... God knows we don't need to loose anymore children to being hit by cars.

Jesse.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-05)
Hi Hetti, did you see the boy after the incident, or the accident that you thought took place? And please tell us the time when you used to see the boy running here and there, crossing the road. Try to possibly keep a journal. I go with mamachong and I also feel that it is residual.

Keep us posted.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
I think what you are seeing could be residual possibly. Does he ever notice you or acknowledge you? Is he doing the same thing over and over again? As for the accident, it is possible that's how he died.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
I'm curious. Have you seen the little boy since you saw the car hitting the white shape?
BatCat101 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
i believe this is the same spirt, giving you a sign knowing now how fast the cars go id be careful

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: