You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost In The Bathroom?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Bathroom?

 

I live with my mum and my dad lives about 20 minutes away and I stop at his house on a Saturday night.

I've always felt that there's something in my dad's house, something that's not from this world.

Anyway, this one weekend that I was stopping, I'd been sensing something in the house the whole time that I was there. I was trying to stay with my dad because I was worried about what was going to happen when I was alone.

I was just about to go to bed so I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. During the week, I had been very ill with a bad virus so I sat down on the toilet seat whilst I brushed my teeth because I was still quite weak.

The light then flickered on and off twice which freaked me out. Then all these t-shirts which had been hanging on the shower curtain rail (My dad had just ironed them and had left them there until he had enough room in his wardrobe) began to move like there was a wind in the room. It then went icy cold.

I was staring at the clothing in shock and then it went back to normal as quickly as it had started. The light went back on and the clothes stopped moving.

It's fair to say I was thoroughly spooked and hardly slept a wink that night in bed. I'm sure it was some sort of spirit/ghost. How could all these things happen by themselves? How could the clothes move in a room with the door closed and no window open? How could the light switch move to turn the lights on and off? And why did the temperature in the room suddenly drop to a ridiculously cold level?

Other hauntings by Hetti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hetti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
I'm not sure rock was trying to correct you, or just as confused as I regarding the post about bathrooms.
Dontbeafraid (13 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-26)
well, rock. Thank you for correting me in the end I don't have a degree in such issues. Yet not everything can be explained or proven. And its not always SAFE to always find an explination before actaully taking to account that something might be actaully accuring. In the end their dangerous creatures.
Thank you
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Thank you Rook and sds, I asked my dad and nothing else happened in the rest of the house, just the bathroom. I didn't knock the hanging clothes as I was sat on the other side of the room to them. It is possible that I caught a chill because I had been ill but the bathroom in that room in known for people getting cold spots. I will try and get some more experiences from this house uploaded. The story about my sister that I have shared happened in the room connected to this one. Thank you again
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Hello Hetti, I go with Rook in this matter. You must ask your parents if the lights flickered on and off in other parts of the house as well. The movement of T-shirts is different. You said it flickered only twice and it got okay after that. You discuss with your parents about the way you feel it in the house and that is what you said initially. Please ask them if they had any experiences and if they had, please post it in this site, so that we can comment or discuss about your experience. Without such input, it is quite difficult to analyse your experience because you said you were ill and that precludes us from getting into paranormal territory without you answering which relevantly raised by Rook.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Hetti,

Before I address your experience I have to say something...

(Ummm I hope I'm not 'Troll Feeding' with this next question)

Dontbeafraid,

"well it is known to me that bathrooms are the most places that demons are found more because of the dirtyness... The bathroom it self is a place to get clean even if its spotless that's were you get rid of the dirt on you."

So is the bathroom a place of dirtyness or a spotless place to get clean in, I'm confused. Also are they Djinn's or Demons? As I understand things they are not the same thing.

Anyway back to Hetti's experience.

Are you 100% sure you did not 'bump' any of the hanging t-shirts in your reaction to the lights flickering on and off?

Did you ask your Father if the lights had flickered in the rest of the house? It may have been an 'external source' that caused the lights to flicker.

Finally, you mentioned that you were recovering from being ill, is there a chance that that you just 'caught a chill' because you were still weak from being sick?

I do not mean to discredit your experience, but these questions need to be eliminated before the paranormal can be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Thank you for the comments, I'll take the advice on board 😁 Hetti
Dontbeafraid (13 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
well it is known to me that bathrooms are the most places that demons are found more because of the dirtyness... The bathroom it self is a place to get clean even if its spotless that's were you get rid of the dirt on you.
So yes I believe it was demon (djin) what we call them.
But it is always best to tell you parents. But to be honest this demon has not bothered your parents. So maybe it thinks your an intruder of some sort.
but you should also know that it might have not even happen in reality it is known that djin have the ability to play with you mind and show you things that only your eyes see and your skin feels
sahil (3 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
well I think you must report it to your parents and you must call a priest and do a havan in your house. ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: