You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Sister

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister

 

This experience didn't actually happen to me, it happened to my mum and dad, but it's an amazing experience, and I'm sure they won't mind me sharing it with you all.

My sister passed to the other side when she was three years old due to a severe genetic disorder, called PEHO Syndrome. It is really rare and there is nothing that can treat it. It also has a very short life expectancy (13 years old) so my family really cherished every moment that they had with her.

One night, a few months after she had died, my mum and dad were lying in bed, both fast asleep. My mum is a firm believer in all things spiritual, ghosts, spirits, etc. My dad, on the other hand, was quite a skeptic at the time.

So, anyway, like I said, they were both fast asleep in bed when a really bright light at the end of the room woke them both up. They both sat up and looked, trying to see what it was.

They were really shocked when they saw my sister slowly floating across the room, radiating light as she went. They watched her and she floated towards their wardrobe, which was built into the wall, and went straight through it into the next room where my other sister was sleeping.

This experience made my dad a true believer in spiritual things, when before it was all a load of rubbish to him.

At first they tried to think of other explanations for what had happened, but they couldn't think of anything else that could have explained it.

So I was just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this happening before? Or if anyone has had an experience like this themselves?

Other hauntings by Hetti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hetti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

missdiva (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-28)
Hi iam very sorry for your loss I was wondering did you ever tell your parents what happened when your sister came into your to visit you and again iam sorry for your loss my husband's brother died a year ago yesterday stay positive and take one day at a time and its normal to still cry and hurt let it all out
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-16)
Thank you for commenting Chrsw72. I think that is why my sister decided to come back for a visit too:)
Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
Your sister came to let you all know she is alive and well on the other side!
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
They definitely do cherish this moment, I think it's one of the best of their lives
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-25)
Lovely story. Your parents are going to cherish this visit for the rest of their lives.
Regards
RedWolf
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-17)
xiao88 thank you very much for sharing your experience with me, it means a lot xx
xiao88 (9 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Hello dear, my father had that kind of experience before, with his mother (my grandma).
When she died, we all gathered in the funeral house, in a hot, bright day. My father was sitting on my right, sweating and fanning himself because of the heat. Suddenly, I felt the air on my right side got kind of chilly, and my father apparently felt cold, because he stopped moving for a while.
I could see a white, foggy kind of shape on my father's lap.
Several of the family could see it too, and we all thought it was grandma hugging my father goodbye, since he was her favorite.
After a few minutes, the chill was gone, and we knew that grandma had moved to another world.
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
Thank you very much, I will try and get the other story of what happened up x 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
Dear Hetti, that was a nice narrative indeed. Yes, people, who have passed on definitely, if they want, manifest themselves to their dear ones. You said that your mom did see her again. Please post it too. I think it is the true love that transcends beyond life and death.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
It could've been an angel in the form of your sister, bringing your parents comfort. It could've been your actual sister, either way, it's very beautiful and I believe your whole family will reunite in the afterlife, God bless her soul.

JS aka Brandon
Hetti (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Thank you for the comments! Just to answer your question, my mum did see her again but my dad hasn't since. Thank you again 😁 x
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
What an experience! I bet that made your parents happy to see their little girl again... Thank You for sharing
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
A great story! They all seem to stick around because they have something to share don't they? Seems like a grand fairwell and thankyou. Your parents sound really blessed.
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
That's amazing!I'm not surprised a child would find a way to appear to their parents again. Did they ever see her after that? Or was it a one time thing?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: