You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadows From The Past

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows From The Past

 

First hello. This is the story of a friend of me. Her English is not very good so I'm writing it for her and politely asking for help.

She is 18 years old and had a lot tragic incidents in her life. Her mother died when she was third grade and also the grandparents who lived with her in the house died in the last two years.

She has a house that has two floors. Her father was sleeping on the first floor and she and her brother were sleeping on the second, but after this things started happening her brother moved to the first floor and it stopped for him. Now she is alone on the second floor (there are no more rooms for her to go on the first).

The last few months she can't sleep very well. She said she is waking up every 15-20 minutes scared and with cold sweat. During the minutes she is sleeping she is dreaming a lot, vivid long dreams. Sometimes she is feeling like someone is sitting on her (more like some heaviness on her chest) and the most disturbing thing is that she has a lot bruises that go away fast but there are new every morning. And they are not blue like fresh bruises, but more with a brownish color like old ones.

She also says she is not very sure but she feels that they are some strange ghosts\ shadows not her relatives, but she is not sure about it.

Normally she is a bright girl she even makes fun that she feels like in "Paranormal Activity" the movie, but I see that she is scared and needs advice.

She is a Christian (not a Catholic one) so she doesn't want to put some amulets and stuff but if it's really necessary she will. She wants to know what this is and how to fight it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissMegadeth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gogafem (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-01)
I am from Macedonia as well.
I can't really know what this situation's cause is unless I hear it from her and even then I may not know... But I can try to help... What city is she from?
She can write me any time at: gogafem [at] yahoo.com
I know how it is to suffer from something unexplainable and I will do anything I can to help.
merkler89 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
Hi I'm from Macedonia too. My name is Miki. I would like to communicate via email if is possible. I think your friend have a big problems with paranormal activity unfortunately for a real one, not for a movie.

My email:call_me_night_rider [at] yahoo.com

P.S in subject write:paranormal activity problems
Plus write Macedonian to know that is not some kind of joke, I take this thing serious!

Regards
MissMegadeth (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Thank you all for your answers, I'll tell her everything you all said and try the things, hope they help 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Hi MissMegadeth, I feel that your friend might be suffering from sleep paralysis. But the bruises part is something different. While I was reading, I wanted to suggest Rook's cleaning method but he himself has given it quite elaborately. Please ask your friend to follow the cleansing method continuously and if there are any negative energies or entities, it would definitely go away. It really works. Well, there are no more details in the narrative except bruises and that she is feeling not able to move and heaviness in the chest. But, whether the brother, who moved away to first floor, had the same kind of experiences. Did her father have any encounters or feelings. Please ask her to try to investigate about the house itself like asking the neighbours or previous tenants. That would definitely lead to some clarity. If possible, try to post it and we could suggest solutions.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
The absolute best way to figure out what may be happening to your friend would for her to begin keeping a Journal, well two actually. One to keep track of any 'odd' things happening while she is awake and another to keep track of her dreams. By keeping track of both it will be easier to determine 'what', if anything, is really happening and if it is paranormal in nature or not.

The few details you have shared with us make it hard to even guess what may be happening though Sleep Paralysis is a very likely possibility.

You mentioned your friend is really sacred, please have her try this, you can even help her if you wish. She may finds that it brings her some piece of mind at least. I us this method for myself, my home and my Family. This method can be 'adapted' to be used with Christian Prayers or which ever Faith you follow...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
CatherynLynx (6 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-17)
Missmegadeth,

In my family they had had expiriences like that and they say that if you feel that heavy thing on you that won't let you move, then the only way to fight it is by screaming bad words to it. I know that it sounds weard but if it happens then tell your friend to do it and she won't be disturbed ever again. I hope that it helped,
From Cat;)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
Certain elements of this sound like sleep paralysis, here's an article from Web MD describing SP.
Http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis
The bruises, is it possible she could be bruising herself? I don't mean to imply she's doing it deliberately, that's not at all where I'm going with that question. What I'm asking, could she have bumped into something, tripped over something, got a bruise and not been aware of it right away? I do that ~all~ the time. And a lot of times, those sort of bruises are brownish and old looking by the time they reach my skin's surface and I've almost forgotten what I did to get it. But then again, I redefine "clumsy." 😭
What is going on that makes her believe there are entities present? Has she seen or heard something while awake? I would like to be able to help, but for now the best advice I can offer is to look into sleep paralysis, and maybe for your friend to pay close attention to any trips or bumps. Some experiences might have non-paranormal explanations, and I hope that's the case for your friend.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: