You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Cape

Real Ghost Stories

The Cape

 

Baguio City, the city in the mountains, is probably the ghost capital of the Philippines. There are many stories about ghost sightings, headless ghosts and furry creatures that are linked to our city.

Back in 2001 me and my friends are fond of ghost hunting. From 10PM to 2AM, we roam around popular ghost spots around the city that are rumored to be haunted. One of the most popular spot is the South Drive. South drive has a history of many people killed during world war II during the Japanese invasion and the 1990 killer quake where the Baguio Hyatt Hotel collapsed killing many people.

One Monday night, we agreed to ghost hunt. We are inside my car and very slowly drove the south drive road and sensing what we can from inside the car. We passed through a guard house along the road and saw what we thought to be a guard that is oddly walking. He was like dancing left-right while walking from afar. When we come closer to the guard, the view became clearer. The guard was walking regularly, but closely behind him is a cape, no body nor face, just a cape floating and waving half a foot behind the man. The cape is color dark brown and had a hood. It looked like something that Spanish priests wore centuries ago.

After passing through the guard, we excitedly talked and described what all of us saw. Later that night, we felt that my car seemed heavier than when we first started. Though the feeling was odd, we did not give it much attention as we were already tired so we all went home and I drove my car to our home and went to sleep. That time then was around 2AM.

Exactly one week later also at 2AM I woke up, I was lying in my bed and I felt I cannot move. I can open my eyes, I can see my room but the rest of my body cannot move. After realizing that I cannot move and looked around my room, I realized that the same hooded cape we saw a week back is roaming around my room. I fought the paralysis that I felt until with all my might until I can move but when I finally can move, the hooded cape went through my window and was lost in the darkness.

I did not feel scared about the experience but rather curious as to why would it even visit my room. I have not seen the same hooded cape from then on, but this experience made me more curious about the paranormal.

Thanks for reading my story.

Other hauntings by universe777

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, universe777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-22)
Hey universe777! The "Mag-ina" is a about a mother and a child that walks around at night and commonly haunts drivers. Cab drivers tend to see more of the two together but the odd thing is they don't seem to haunt one specific locations and they move around a lot so finding them can be really tricky.

I'm not sure if I got the location right but I think you might be referring to the Rotonda at the Panagbenga Park or more commonly at Nevada Square that intersects Loakan Road, South Drive, Military Cut-off and Upper Session Road. If this is the location then your in for a treat! Nevada Square is a hotel that collapsed during the earthquake in '91 and there were a lot of casualties at that location. The three you might have seen are only a few of the ghosts that haunts there and they also tend to fallow you home so be very careful. ^_^
universe777 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-21)
Hi Elgin, I'm glad to meet a ka-baguio here. Now I am so intrigued what the "mag-ina" is? What are the stories about that?:)

There is this one area not really along south drive, but the barangay road above it that had a triangular rotonda. We felt very very strong presence there... Like 3 spirits that is around our car and it is really very strong. Is the mag-ina somewhere around that area? Thanks for any information there.:)
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
Hi universe777! I'm from Baguio and I might know why your car might have felt heavy. You might not know this but along South Drive all the way to Loakan Rd, it is a common incident that spirits hitch rides with passing vehicles. To be more specific they actually run along side your vehicle then hitch a ride with you especially if your alone and or driving at night. This could also explain as to why the cape fallowed you home. And by the way you're lucky the "Mag-ina" wasn't the one you saw or things might have gone far worse.
universe777 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-20)
hi Hades666. I cannot say we did but there was this one time in the same area (South drive) while I was driving during our ghost hunting when I noticed a faint light, maybe not a light more of a white silhouette in my steering wheel. At that time, for maybe 5-10 seconds the car moved like how a car would move when it is on a slippery mud. The car was moving left and right but not forward. It felt like there was someone carrying the car for that whole 5-10 seconds. After the silhouette was gone, we can normally drive. But again, I do not know why not anyone of us 5 in the car was got scared.

Maybe someone can tell me the reason why during our ghost huntings, we do not feel scared even after seeing something we cannot explain.
Hades666 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
NIce story and its cool to know that you get the chance to go ghost hunting. Have you ever had a ghost hunt go wrong?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: