You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Boy In A Cape

Real Ghost Stories

Boy In A Cape

 

I have this weird thing going on along with the "pokes" at night. For about two weeks now, I feel or see something in our apartment hallway. It doesn't matter if my fiancée is home or not, I see this figure standing at the end of the hallway by our bedroom entrance.

The figure is white or light in color. It is shaped like a short boy and appears to be wearing a cape. I can't make out distinct details other than what appears to be a cape. I get the feeling whatever it is, it's sad. Don't ask me why I think that, I can just "feel" it. I always had a dreadful feeling when I stand in the hallway since we moved in. I just don't like it.

I first saw it around 2 pm while home on a "sick day". I wasn't on any kind of STRONG cold medicine. The blinds were pulled in our bedroom, so it wasn't any kind of sunlight. At first I saw it/him out of the corner of my eye. I sat up a bit from the couch and it was still there. Slowly it faded away. Now, I have poor vision to begin with. I chalked it up to my contacts being fuzzy, etc. It happened again later that night. This time I was in bed, I sleep on the side closest to the door, and I saw it out of the corner of my eye, sat up, put on my glasses and it was still there. Then it faded away. My fiancée has not seen it, or at least he has not told me.

I can't see details like eyes, or face or whatever, but I get the feeling it is looking at me. I don't feel threatened, but certainly uneasy. I wonder if the "pokes" I was experiencing at night have anything to do with it. I also saw a poster on here once post that spirits can follow you or something? I'm sorry if I'm quoting that wrong.

Once again, thank you for positive comments and have a good day.

Other hauntings by hobbyholly

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hobbyholly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I've had a similar experience with a older boy. In his twenties. I asked him, though at the time not very nicely, he was tossing things about, to go away. He went, or at least I can assume he did, because I haven't seen him since.

Don't follow in my footsteps. Talk nicely and reasure him also.

TheLightBeforeDawn. ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I've been thinking a lot about my childhood home and all the stuff I saw there. I would really like to research the property's history. Do I just go to the local library? There was some "unpleasantness" last time I was there... But I digress. Any suggestions?
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
Tonith:

I hope to GOD it isn't cataracts. I have bad vision. But I'm 95% sure this is a "little boy"

Maybe I should get my eyes checked out and then report back
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I believe that this boy wants your attention. I believe that you might be able to see him because you might have the sixth sence. It maybe not well developed but its still there. ZI would suggest talking to your Fiancee. Maybe he just doesn't want to scare you. But it would be a good idea. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-21)
I pick up on words like the painfully alone. Albeit a song, apparently you identify with it. Also when you start seeing things out of the corner of your eyes it can be the beginning of cateracts. This aside let's assume it's really a child ghost. Maybe you could help send it to the Light. If you are the only one seeing it or feeling it then it has attached itself to you. Good thing it doesn't scare you. May just be a spirit in need of guidence to the afterlife.
xXClaireBearXx (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
The poking and the boy seem to be connected. I think he is trying to get your attention. Maybe he needs help with something? If you see him again, ask him what he wants?
He's most likely seeking your help.

Good luck!
Xx
kchan95 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
I think the boy in the cape must have wanted help from you, or wanted you to be his friend or either he wants your attention. The boy must be lonely...
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
HI. Well I think you should try to look up the place or ask the owner. Hope you have a nice day.
GIRLIE 😁
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
The poking stopped for a few days, but happened again last night. Same thing, I had just found a comfortable position, and moved an extra pillow... Then "poke:poke:poke"

As far as all the Hobby Holly stuff, I got my user name from a song by CasioTone for the painfully alone
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
When I was a kid my mom would buy me everything holly hobby! When we moved into this house there was a notepad with holly hobby on it!
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
He may very well be poking you to move you around to see see if your doing ok? I know if I'm worried about one of my kids when I'm sick I might move them around quite a bit to see if they are ok. Prodding you to get your attention?
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
awww poor boy may be guiding you looking out for you maybe he chose to protect you. Because you were sick. He may be a child long ago way back in your family history like a family ancestor that died young and is looking out for family members?
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
sounds very weird, but I would REALLY be worried about the pokes in the night. If I had someone poking me like that I would really freak out. Not a good thing. Good luck!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
I agree with kim that it sounds very much like this boy you're seeing is seeking your attention. I can only assume as talking with any degree of certainty would be completely wrong that the pokes were his first attempt to communicate with you and maybe test you to see how much you could be approached or even trusted. Then materializing before you could be seen as his second attempt-one that demands more energy than before. It wouldn't be too hasty to say that he's probably seeking assistance or even a connection with you and he's more or less afraid as much as you are. Your ability to see him confirms his existence. Just remember that he might be a lost soul who needs to be guided to the light. Try telling him that he will be safe and expected on the other side and help him cross. He doesn't belong here.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Could very well be related. Whoever it is they are trying to get your attention.
Tell them out loud it is okay to cross over to the light. Tell them to go with the Lord and they will not be alone any more and they can have peace.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: