You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Muizenberg Police Museum In Cape Town

Real Ghost Stories

Muizenberg Police Museum In Cape Town

 

About 4 years ago I was in the dungeons at Muizenberg Police museum which is alleged to be haunted by myself, I thought. I was reading a story that was posted on the wall outside one of the dungeon's door about a relationship between a slave at the Cape and a Burgher, with my back to another dungeon's door, when an old white man walked up to me from behind and said that is an interesting story and walked up the stairs.

The black man who was curator of the museum heard me speaking to someone down in the dungeons and came down and asked me who I was speaking to. I told him I was speaking to another visitor to the museum. The curator's face then went snow white like he had seen a ghost and he told me that there is only one entrance to enter and leave the museum and he has been there the whole time and no one had entered or left through the entrance. I was only visitor in this tiny museum at this time.

I went home afterwards, I didn't tell my border or my family what I had experienced. It was one of the strangest experiences I have had. It made me start wondering if there really are ghosts.

A while later I had another experience where I was in a house and the door just suddenly closed and there was no draft around, I thought a burglar was in the house. I searched the whole house that night and no one was in the house. With these two experiences I was 100 per cent sober, was not on any drugs or medication and was well rested. I also wasn't under any stress my first ghost experience, the second experience I had I was under some stress.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, James10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-09-26)
I just saw LadGlowa comment on this haha! Good to see you on here still...
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-09-26)
I miss these people on here... I hope they're safe... Back in 2011-2015, they were very active on this site... [at] Tweed, [at] LadyGlow, [at] Rookdyn (I've kind of forgotten lol...

I hope you guys are all safe and alive.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-09-26)
Hi James10

That definitely is a very interesting incident, did the curator mention any other incidents to you? I feel that the spirit you encountered must be a resident of the museum.

I'd like to read about your other incident as well.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-09-25)
Welcome to YGS.

The dungeons... A spot where many negative emotions have taken place: anger, fear, distress, and who knows what else.

Was the old man wearing period clothing?
Was this encounter consistent with the reported haunting of the place?

Very interesting experience.
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: