You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Reincarnation?

Real Ghost Stories

Reincarnation?

 

In the late 90's my ex-husband and I were going to a concert, and got lost. We found ourselves in a small town called Dade City. We quickly found our way back to the highway and went on our way. I really loved the way the town looked, and wanted to go back when we had the time to do so. However, we got divorced shortly afterwards and never got the chance.

Last year my friend who is a teacher, wanted to get out of the city for a while. She wanted to take her son to a small town where they both could enjoy life at a simpler pace. I suggested Dade City. I knew nothing about the town, except that it was clean, and quaint. So we decided to go there for the weekend and see if it would be an ideal place for her and her son to vacation, as it's only about a 45 minute drive away. On the way there she and I talked about summer vacations we experienced as children. Throughout the entire drive her nine year old son quietly played his video game in the backseat. We almost forgot he was there. As we came upon the outskirts of the town her son perked up, and said, "I used to play football in that field over there, when I was older." My friend told him that he must be mistaken, because they'd never been there before. He just repeated that he played football there back when he was older. I was intrigued, and wanted to know more, because I believe in past lives, and have always heard that you should not discourage children when they talk about these things. He pointed out a few houses and said this friend or that friend lived there. And then gave his mom an address on Wilds Rd and said that was where he used to live. We found the street, and found the house with a for rent sign in the front yard. There was a box attached to the sign with paperwork inside that listed the details of the house, and the owners names. However my friends son said that wasn't his family, as he we was named after his father and his name had been James. We didn't even bother trying to find out any information on who the previous homeowners were, or their history, because then my friends son told us he wanted to eat at Williams Restaurant and said it was on 7th street. When there actually was such a place, we just took him at his word and let the matter drop.

My friend was freaked out, and we left the town right after lunch. They ended up going to Orlando for vacation, and visiting several of the parks. My friend refuses to even discuss the matter any further. I however am convinced and would like to know more. But it will have to wait until my friends son is older, hopefully he will still remember then.

Other hauntings by TalonWalt

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TalonWalt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crs1331 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
You left a post for me concerning astral projection and I have had a spirit guide since the age of 2. She has always protected and warned me of danger and informs me of spirits following me and my daughter. She told me that some get our extremely bright glow confused with the road they are to follow. She communicates with me so well but I have always had problems communicating with her as in asking her how to control the jolt of re-entering my body after astral projection. I always sense her there when I re-enter, the thing that scares me is the feeling that something else is trying to enter my body when my spirit slams back into my body like it does. I must meditate more to improve the communication between my spirit guide and myself. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you so much. ❤ ❤ ❤
twelveam (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Hello Talonwalt,
That is a very incredible past life story. My take on the situation is that it is Dejavu in the stronger sense of the word. I also had some experiences similar to that, as well as some of my friends and family members. I would pass by some places close to where I lived at the time as a child (maybe from age 6 until 12 or 13) and felt that I KNEW FOR A FACT that I was there in a past life. This also happened to me on various locations of a vacation spot our family frequents every year, and would even stir up intense emotion in me like sadness (as if I had missed the place) and joy (happy to be back there).

For some reason, it always seems that as we become older, these Dejavu experiences happen less and less. I do not know the reason for this completely why it happens like that, but almost all the people I have talked to and known who have had similar experiences say the same thing regarding getting older and it happening less frequently.

Maybe you might want to delve deeper into this subject and learn more about it if you are interested... I know I am going to do that now after your story has intrigued me! 😁 😊 Good luck and thanks for the interesting story!
Limey (3 stories) (33 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
Hi Talonwart; This is one of the best stories. You've documented it very well, and you have enough information to make your way to the end. It's obvious to me that your friend's son has existed in a previous life (fantastic though it seems to even say that) and lived in the house that he pointed out.He's fairly young and the house doesn't appear to me to be very old. You should be able to do some research in city records and the local newspaper (maybe even neighbours) to find out what happened to the family that lived in that house. If you bring up the subject with your friend's son again, at the risk of upsetting her, you may get some more information; names of friends, name of the school he attended, etc. Please follow up this story Talonwart. It's too fascinating to drop, and I think it could easily be verified.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Being raised a Hindu, I was taught that once we die, we get reincarnated. So, I wouldn't be surprised that your friend's son was reincarnated. But the thing is when are born, the residue (for a lack of a better word) of our past life is left in our memory. For many, within the first little while that residue washes off and we don't remember it. But then there are people like your friend's son who can still remember it. It has already been recommended that you talk to your friend's son as soon as possible. The reason is because it might be still fresh on his mind but as he grows older, he might forget. If it freaks out your friend, then I suggest getting some lone time with your friend's son to talk (of course with your friend's permission). If you insist on waiting until he is older, then I suggest gathering all the information he has provided during that trip to show as prove.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Excellent story, sadly, from what I have read, I don't think he will remember later even though its unusual for a child so old to remember so much of a past life. Maybe you will get lucky. I would research everything I could about the house now... Get all the names on record. If the name is there you will have something to show him when he is older. If you don't have the address you can get the info by using google earth.
I remember my son, when he was two, say "I lived there" when we were driving on the other side of my State... We were driving through farming fields. I said really? And he said "yup" and turned his attention to his car seat toys. Never heard anything else from him after that and never thought to follow up on it. He could have meant "I want to live there". Anyway, great story, thank you!
XypherXamerChain (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
It's amazing that he was able to remember it. I wouldn't have found it creepy in the least since I get remnants of my past lives, as well. It's amazing to hear that others have past lives too, and that I wasn't just going nuts. ❤
Riri (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
This is such a nice story.
The perfect example of what I've been saying for years, that everything happens for a reason.
The night you and your ex got lost was no coincidence I believe. Otherwise you would have never adviced your friend going to Dade City and neither of you would have found out that her son is reincarnated.
Wish I could remember things from my previous life ^_^
Keep us updated please.
Kind Regards,
RiRi
Argette (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Incredible yes, but credible just the same. I have had a few similar experiences and I know others who have had them, too. I, too, hope you are able to learn more, perhaps via census data. Please keep us updated. And thank you for sharing the story here.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
That is a pretty incredible account, TalonWalt.

I can understand why his mother might have been distressed about it all. Not everyone can embrace the unknown.

I hope you get a chance to talk with him about this before he forgets it. He may have the ability to remember it now, but I've noticed that sometimes this disappears with age.

Very good account and I hope you get to find out more.

Kindest regards,
Sue ❤ ❤ ❤
Death_Defier (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Talon Wlat, I believe this completely, everyone has possibly had a past life but probably can't remember it. I only had one experience before though. 😐 I hope you have fun investigating the matter
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
that reminds me of something that (well one of many things) that seems to go through my mind as I get older that have been unkown mysterious questions, things in my life which at the time I just went on and thought well there's no answer for me now so I'll just go on, you know. Anywho, when I was a kid, probably between the age of 3 to five, four-ish feels right for some reason, we were going over to some friends of my parents and we went around the slight curve of the road, (I know it was on the outskirts of oklahoma city, the other side completely of okc, and we lived in harrah at the time so it was all the way across okc which when your that old was a long journey) and passed a house that had been there for some time and was by itself, not in a closed in neighborhood. The fence around the yard then had a larger on that encircled the property. The inside fence was to keep the kids in playing and the outsid was for a few cattle to graze and live in, although there weren't any at the time. The whole place had a run down, seen better days, on its last legs look and feel. There were some kids playing in the yard, all older than I at the time. I was bored and asking how much further until we get there and my mom would say this much and seperate her fingers to show me. I looked over and at the moment my eyes fell on that house I knew everything about it. I saw in my minds eye the inside of the house, all the rooms, the furniture and pictures on the wall, and I wanted to cry because I missed it so much. I said, are we going there, and some of the older kids I thought I knew were couisins and wanted to go play with them. My mom told me we'd never been by there before and I didn't know them. As it dissappeared behind of I was very sad, and thought to myself, someday I'm coming back home, to my family. Later just dismissing it but it still saddens me thinking of it. I've never been back or even looked to this day.
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Hi talonwart,
I have such a story in my country (india).In the story which I heard, the kid was mudered by some of the people and when he visited the place where he was mudered he ended up being afraid. The kid too remembered his house and his family members.
Keep posting,
Well wisher,Z_K_O_I

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: