You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cat Reincarnation

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Reincarnation

 

This is not a ghost story, but about reincarnation of a beloved pet, which I never believed in, until now.

When I was 13, my mother brought home a cat that a coworker of hers gave her. Before bringing him home, she showed me a picture and I instantly fell in love! His name was Oliver. After bringing him home, he immediately became attached to me. He was such a joy, and did funny and unusual things to make us laugh. We had never had a cat, nor had another cat like him.

I lived with my parents until I got married and moved to an apartment. I really wanted to take him with us, but couldn't. My parents were too attached to him, and we couldn't afford to pay the pet deposit. I got to see him on almost a daily basis, since my mother babysat my son after I went back to work though. Sadly, years later, Oliver got sick at the ripe old age of 14 and there was nothing the vet could do for him. I went with my father to take him to the vet to have him put to sleep. One of the hardest things I've had to do. My son was 6 years old at the time and took it very hard.

It has been almost 5 years, and we still reminisce and miss him very much. A few months ago, my husband's cousin's cat had a litter of kittens; one of them looked very similar to my Oliver. When the kittens were about 3 months old, I took that kitten home. I had this strange, compelling desire to take him. My children and I were so happy after bringing him home, and it didn't take long to notice the kitten who we named Oliver Twist began doing things just the way my old Oliver did! The strange, funny things he used to do, that no other cat we've seen do, this kitten does.

I know it sounds crazy, but he will look into my eyes like he knows me. I now know reincarnation exists with pets. And we're so glad to have our Oliver back!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dottie78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Silver_Nighthowl (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-31)
If you don't mind me asking what were the 'strange' things Oliver used to do? Could you please explain them?
:)
Dottie78 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Thanks everyone for your kind words! We are enjoying every minute with Oliver! ❤
Drannac (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
That is gorgeous! I have never fully believed in reincarnation, but in the back of my mind I know it is real...
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
😊 Such a lovely story. So sad to hear of Olivier going but its nice to know hes come back to you
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Awwww, How adorable! I have a cat named Oliver! He does strange funny things too hehe 😆 I am sorry about the loss of your cat though! My cat is black with big greenish yellow eyes that are so cute.

❤So Sorry About Oliver! 😭
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Awwww that's so cool and sweet. I'm glad you were reunited with Oliver, Katherine.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Reincarnation is real, but can a tough thing to believe in sometimes. I think it's wonderful that you have been reunited with your animal friend. Thank you for sharing a beautiful story.
To a few other folks, a certain level of skepticism is healthy. Being a skeptic isn't a bad thing. Skeptics keep us believers looking deeper, seeking solid evidence, which is good. However, there is a right and a wrong way to express skepticism. Respect goes a long way towards getting one's point across.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
What is with all the skeptics out there, and on this site? Yeesh. Obviously the admins saw some merit in this story, and that is why it is up.

On another note, I believe whole heartedly in reincarnation, and I do believe that your Oliver came back to you in the form of your new cat. I congradulate you both on finding eachother again!

Penny ❤
MadChap (2 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
lmao...hahaha...roflol...
Just because the cat behave similar to your pet doesn't mean the cat reincarnated. Lol! 😆

It's just that you deeply attached with your old oliver, and now when you found a similar ones, you try to find oliver in it.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
This is such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it. I'm glad you got your Oliver back 😊 ❤
IDontLikeBimbos (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
This is such a sweet story! I believe that we as humans have lost our natural inclination to connect with other things, people and animals naturally. I also believe that its possible for a person to every so often get that unbreakable bond, as long as they are open to it. Its like soul mates if you will. I know that when my dog and cat pass on, I won't want to get any other pets. Unless of course they come back in another form like yours did, hehe!
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
RIP Oliver ❤

My older cat died from old age. The new cat we bought looked just like the old one and did the same things. After that I remember to have at least 4 cats. I changed them each year because they were always sick 😭

Best Wishes, Mirela x ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: