You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Harris Street Part 1

Real Ghost Stories

Harris Street Part 1

 

My home on Harris Street is where my family and I encountered the most unbelievable events of our lives. I lived here with my two brothers, A and J, two sisters, Val and V (both my sisters and my name start with a V), my golden retriever, and both my parents. We had many things happen to us, and in order to share it all, I will break it down into parts. I'll do my best to keep it in chronological order.

When we first moved in, everything seemed pretty normal, except for roof/attic. Creaking would occur in random parts of the house and it would give you this feeling of paranoia and fear.

One day when I was babysitting a 9 month old, Aaron, with my sister V and Aaron crawled and sat between the entrance to the living room and hallway. He would peek down the hallway and then turn back to us and start giggling, as if he was playing peek-a-boo with someone. My sister and I remained silent and just gave each other the, "Did you just see that happen too?" look. Anyway as days went on, things began to happen to us, but only when we were alone.

One day I was the only one at home and I was playing a video game in my brothers' room. Out of nowhere I heard a bunch of female voices talking all at once. I thought my family had arrived home, but I suddenly got a feeling of paranoia. I turned the TV off and called for my Mom, but no one answered back. I called, "Val," no answer. I called, "V", no answer. I got the courage to walk down the hallway into the living room and to my surprise, there wasn't anyone there.

I was too scared to walk back to the room so I just sat on the couch.

Then footsteps came from the hallway approaching the living room. I turned to look, and no one walked out. It scared the crap out of me so I covered my ears and, as childish as it sounds, I hummed the "Jesus loves me this I know" song until my family got home. I told them what happened and my mom and sisters believed me, but not my brother J. (I'll just state that A wasn't ever really at home. He was always hanging out with friends, and besides, nothing paranormal ever happened to him.) So I slept with the TV and closet light on, as well as my radio so that it wouldn't be too quiet to hear anything out of the ordinary.

Anyway the following day my brother J stayed home alone and the rest of us went out. When we came back, J told us that he went out to feed the dog from the laundry room and when he came back inside he heard a bunch of female voices coming from the living room, all speaking at once. He said he was too scared to walk in there so he stayed in the laundry room until the voices stopped which took about 5-10 minutes.

Other hauntings by vmolina9025

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vmolina9025, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vmolina9025 (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
I just submitted the next part. We never dug up any valid evidence; but someone had told us that a man committed suicide in the home. Yet, we could never really confirm it.
Hades666 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Please write more, your story is very intriguing and I can't wait for you're next submisson. Just a question to finish off, did you ever dig up any background history on the house when these things started happening, or did anybody else?
Overall great exeperience and thankyou for writing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: