You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demon Took The Form Of Dad

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Took The Form Of Dad

 

I'm sixteen now, but this happened about ten years ago in Midland, TX in the year of 1999. I was only six years old.

One night I was in the living room playing with my brother when I remembered I left my backpack in the car. My mom was in the kitchen, by the door that went into the garage. I told her that I was going to the car to get my backpack. I went into the garage shutting the door behind me. That night it was raining hard and there was lots of thunder and lightning so I was already scared to be by myself. I kept my eyes on the car since I was too afraid to look at the garage door because our garage door had windows. I went into the car and grabbed my backpack. As I did I began to get really paranoid and more scared than I was when I first entered the garage. I jumped out of the car and began rushing to the door to get inside. As I was about to grab the doorknob I heard three knocks at the garage window. It scared me so bad I jumped and turned facing the garage window. Standing on the outside looking in was my dad. He was wearing really dark sunglasses which is really weird to be wearing at night but I didn't think about that at the moment. I was relieved to see it was him, but I remained where I was. There was an apathetic look on his face. He didn't smile or speak. Then he began to point. I looked around to see what he was pointing at, but I couldn't figure it out. "What are you pointing at Daddy?" I asked. No response. He pointed again remaining serious. I kept looking around and pointed to the garage button. "The button" I asked. He nodded and motioned for me to push the button. Something inside me told me not to do it.

Dad wasn't acting like he normally does when he sees me after coming home from a long two weeks of work. He always smiles and gives me a big hug and kisses and tells me how much he missed me when he comes home. Also he always calls to let us know when he's on his way home. I shook my head. He motioned for me to push the button again. I shook my head again. He lowered his hand out of sight, and just stared angrily at me. The fear I felt began to intensify even more. When he lifted his hand back up there were big long claws. He scratched the window with them. I wanted to scream but the fear I felt kept me silent and I ran inside slamming the door behind me.

I sat on the couch pale and shaky. I remember sitting there terrified and slowly swaying back and forth. My brother noticed something was wrong. He came up to me and asked "What's wrong Vanessa?" I let out a bloodcurdling scream and my mom dropped was what in hand and came to me. She asked what was wrong. She said that my response was "The devil's scaring me!" but I remember saying "Daddy's scaring me!" I told her what he wanted me to do and what he did when he got mad. She went into the garage to find nothing there. I felt as if she didn't believe me, but she called my dad to tell him what happened. He was in Houston, TX exactly 424 miles east of Midland. She passed the phone to me and Dad told me not to be scared. He said to pray and Jesus would protect me.

The next day my mom went outside to investigate the garage. There on the garage window were three long claw marks. When my dad got home she showed them to him. All that came to his mind was that it was a demon.

But how could something look exactly like my Dad? Also, why was he not speaking and wearing sunglasses? Why would it do that to me? I've been searching for answers for ten years and still haven't found any. If you have any answers I'd love to know.

Other hauntings by vmolina9025

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vmolina9025, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vanessamarie223 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-06)
Please everyone read this! Demons purpose are to take over you and to do that there is a process and part of that process is to be invited in, through lies like pretending to be your dad so you would open the door and allow it in is a perfect example. Or they will manipulate by pretending to be a recently lost loved one or somebody you long for so you allow them in. Which is real, this is why the Ouija is not a game and is directly inviting them in to talk (also don't ever burn an ouija because it destroys the portal they would need to leave.) so please read this and listen to my advice and never give any invitation or even acknowledgment to them because before they can be invited in they need to be acknowledged and will pretend to be like an innocent soul of a child so you feel sorry or something. Under NO circumstances knowledge them or invite in anyway. Had you opened the door I can guarantee it wouldn't have stopped there.
vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
❤ VMolina, I will say that I have no desire to have that happen to me or my Grandchildren. My kids have had things happen to them that they told me about and they truly have had their own things to deal with! First I must say we have our first names in common lol but as to what you saw: Demons are very tricky and nasty so disguise is the only way in. Sunglasses hide the void that are eyes. Be glad you didn't see them. Not Speaking: you know daddys voice your going to hear that it wasn't the man you love for 6 years your going to know the sound of daddy. The fear you felt: was all about trying to gain control over you to steal your life source and those of the ones you love the most. Dread: is the feeling of death that 99% of demons ability. Trust me trusting in your inner childs heart and not giving in to its demands by opening the door and allowing it in you saved your family and you from years and years of pain and misery. If you feel that this demon has in anyway followed you and is out to hurt you then I truly suggest you look into Rook he has the best cleansing techniques for your home and person I have seen. From me to you I wish you the best! If you can't find his profile look up ghostseer she can assist you as well. I wish you the best and I will send a prayer for you and your family. Take care. Vanlewie232711 ❤
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
My friends dad well not really my friend anymore he says ghost are demons I think ghost are human spirits
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-31)
It happened with my aunt as well! She was laying fast asleep when she got feeling of being watched and that strong feeling woke her up! She saw my mum standing just on the right of her bed staring at her, she asked my mum when did she came and my mum remained silent passed her a smile and just went away! My aunt came out and asked everyone that where is my mum gone but all said that she didn't even come to their place!
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
What a smart, brave girl you were! That evil apparition couldn't fool you.
LightDemonGirl (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-29)
Hello, you should know that demons can take forms of peoples... We say that you had a friend that died and after 1 year later you see him (we say it's a guy) that could be your friends spirit or it could be ademon who takes form of your dead friend, that means demons can take form of living people and dead people... This is just what I think with the sunglasses, demons have red eyes often and that can mean that it wanted you to think it was your father and not let you see that his eyes were red, when some demons take form of living or dead people the can get other eye colors like the person have/had but sometimes the still have red eyes...that's maybe why he had sunglasses on so you wouldn't see his red eyes... Good luck with everything! ❤
Yoshian12 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
♫I wear my sunglasses at night so I can so I can, watch you weave and breath your story lines.♫ Just kidding! Now that sounds scary, can a demon take form of anything? Including video game characters? It sounds cool that they can do that, but scary. Interesting story though, but scary!
Saphira (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
It would do that to you just because of its nature for being a demon...Evil...Beginning from that they are revelating against God Jesus, they then have god's sons (humans) who are hi's creation and his creatures. That's why.
Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
So scary. If it was me I would have gone mad. The scariest part was that when you saw those claws...
Surely a Demon!
alwaysrovindj (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
Very Scary! It could reallly be a demon like you said so. Demon could take form of anything. (You know what kind of things I mean) I ❤ this story
serpz (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
Oh and his glasses were to hide his slanted pupils like that of a reptiles. Cause trust me demons don't show up in the flesh. If it was a real demon it wouldve already been standing right next to you. I'm not trying to scare anybody, but that's why there's 300, 000 missing children in america a year never to be found. (truthisfarmorebizzarethanfiction)
serpz (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
Thats quite a story, but I'm afraid that was no demon. Demons can only visit you and haunt you when your asleep or out of body and you might see them out of your peripheral, hoppin like a frog, or just standing and watching. But Texas is def. A hotspot for wierd stuff. Especially a place like Midland. With open fields and a small population a lot of creatures like to poke thier ugly heads around. What you saw was an MIB or men in black (moviestolethename).Its like a wolf in sheeps clothing, but only its a lizard in a human disguise, in this case your dad. Also just as the wolf tried to eat the sheep, it was also trying to eat you, most likely. I'm not asking to believe me, could careless, but I write this from experience and am truly sincere about what I say. Just about the same thing happened to me. Only a little different or maybe a lot more, but similar.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-15)
i have also seen a child pretending to be my daughter I think it's a new type of haunting the eyes are usualy all black (see the Black Eyed Kids phenomena) . I think the human race and its state of afairs are atracting diferent sorts of entity's than we have been familiar with and I don't think they are very positive either we will have to just wait and see, also when I have experienced night terrors where you can't move its always someone I know like my kids or partner that they take the form of.
Kurohaven (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
vmolina9025,
I believe everything you said. And to help answer you questions. The demon took the form of your dad, to try to gain trust from you, why he wore sunglasses, and didn't speak was because, it would be easy for you to figure out that it wasn't him. And why you. Well mainly because you were a little kid, which made him think that he could trick you. But you listened to you gut feelings and didn't open the door. Which God knows what would happen if you did.
Renee901 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
hey, I'm kind of new at this, I have never really had anything like this happen to me but some people very close to me have, I'm really intrested in this kind of stuff you should send me a message or something 😁
TaylorFailor (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Hey. I know I may be young but ever sence I was five years old I've had experiences with the paranormal. You said something about his eyes and sunglasses. From what I've researched when deamons/ghosts take form of someone you know they can never get the eyes right. They can't because every person no matter what has different feachers about there eyes.
Luke786 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Okay. What you saw was definitely a demon. And the sunglasses were probably so you couldn't see its eyes and know it wasn't your dad. The clawing was probably to strike fear in you so that you would do what it wanted. If pushing the button would close the door then it might have wanted you to trap yourself in there so it could get you with no escape. My grandfather, uncle, fathers friend, mother, and many others have encountered some really scary shiat that you might not believe if I told you. If you have any questions email me at outerspaceluke [at] yahoo.com. And if I don't reply send it again cause I might forget to check now and then. - Luke
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Uh, demons want to scare us because they hate us & want us to burn in hell with them.? Well, right? LOL! Sorry I just though it was cute when Gabriella said 'Well I don't know why a demon would want to scare you' It was funny to me. And really I rather not know the logic of a demon. They piss me off 7 try to scare us & our children. Ultimately try to kill us any way they can. Emotionally & otherwise. I would like to hear some more stories from you though. You said your parents have experienced a lot as well? I don't understand why this story is so hard for some of us to believe? I admit there are some posts that do seem pretty far fetched or a bit embellished. But hey *shruggs* Bless you 7 yours.
~LSD~
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
That is truly scary. Never have I believed in Demons... But after reading stories from this site...I'm not so sure anymore
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Hi again. Reno
Not only children see things like this. I had a very scary experience when I moved in with my husband. Everyday when he would leave to work at five in the morning I would fix his lunch and go back to bed to watch television, and as soon as he would walk out the door, start the car and leave I would hear someone opening the door to my room and everytime I looked I would see my husband standing there looking in my direction, nodding his head as if saying NO and with the most evil look in his eyes he would walk towards the bed and lay there next to me, one thing I was never able to do was move, I would be paralyzed completely. This happened for 6 months until one day I got enough strenght and finally was able to move, that day I swung my arm and grabbed him from the neck and as soon as I did that it disappeared. All the time I knew it wasn't my husband but a demon that came to me in the form of him, he never hurt me, but I was becoming extremely aggresive towards my newborn daughter and my husband, the one thing the demon always did was caress my hair, the one thing I never let anyone do. I had tried to post my story but wasn't able to. I am so happy to read all the stories here and to finally be able to find people that have had the same experiences that I've had.
reno (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
It does sound kind of obviously fake, but I have dealt with something similar when I was about four or five years old. I think all I vaguely remember is dreading taking a bath, and a clawed, decrepit hand from under the door. Sounds completely fake, too, but I remember exactly what I saw. I believe you may have had some sorta full apparition. That could be rather troublesome; I think it's also in relation that children tend to see more things than adults, they're more in tune with paranormal things. Their mind is more open.

-Reno
chocolata (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Hi dear. I read your story and from the long list of experiences I have had myself, this is similar to one I used to have for years when I first started with my husband it can be so darn scary I know the feeling.
Psychicfamiliymoments (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
He was wearing glasses to hide his eyes, because a demon can take the form of anything, but it will have pitch black eyes rather than a normal eye color. It wouldn't talk, because it would have probably come out as a strange scary sound that would have chased you back into the house. The form of your dad was probably to make you more comfortable. The last question...IDK!
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Wow what a scary experience for a 6 year old! I believe demons can take different forms... They will do whatever they can to get to you... I'm sorry that happened to you.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
yea I think it was a demon wanting to come into your house I don't want to think of how it would have turned out for you if you'd pressed that button and damn this ghost it scared the heck out of me just now you can never trust the little things for a moment
Vinnie (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Well, sometimes demon use to get a form to be somebody you know, like once, a demon took form of my grandma's gardener, but it's seem that he's using a dark mask at that time, it happen when I was 7 years old. And it keep doing that for 3 nights, the fourth night, he disappear
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
The demon would have targeted you because young children tend to be vulnerable to supernatural manipulations. It would have disguised itself as your father because your father (I assume) was a trusted authority figure to you. It wanted to come in, but couldn't without being allowed in, which is why it wanted you to push that button. You were able to avoid a huge disaster by not pushing the button and getting away from it quickly.
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Well I have no idea why a demon would want to scare you like that. But I lived the same thing 2 times. Each time I would come back home from being with my friends I would just come in through the door and usualy my dad would be sitting on the couch watching TV. So one night I go in, I say: HEY DAD! 😁 He didn't smile, or reply, he just lifted his hand up in sign to say hi. I continued my way to my room but their he was on my computer. And he was smiling while saying: Hi darling! I was terrified, I looked in the living room, their was no one there. My father was never in the living room. This hapenned a second time also.

I hope you do find answers. ❤
Sora (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
well I don't really have anything to say to help you but... Wow... That's terrifying... Its bizar as well... I think that it took the form of your father because you were young, and it took the form of something that you were fimaliar with so that you wouldn't get scared. But it obviously didn't work... All I have to say is that I'm glad your gut instinct told you not to open that garrage because only god knows what would have happened. As for the sunglasses I'm not sure... Maybe it was trying to hide something that would give it away... I don't know... But I believe your story. And man... It blew my mind...

~Yours truly haunted
Sora ❤
vmolina9025 (4 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
This incident was only the beginning of what has followed, but this one has been the most horrifying. Maybe since I was only 6 years of age. I really don't know, but my parents have told me their experiences and my younger siblings have also had things happen to them over the years. Yet they don't really like to say since of course they feel as if they'd be seen as nutcases. Who ever is a skeptic is fine with me. It's your opinion. Yet, I'm the only one who knows what I experienced. I wouldn't believe any of the stories on here if I hadn't had my experience, but I as well am a skeptic on some of these stories.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: