You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Girl On The Street

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Girl On The Street

 

I experienced this when I was about 15 years old in 2014. It might seem a bit plain in comparison to other stories in here but it's what I experienced and I wanted to share it.

I used to live in a two-storey house in the outskirts of my city in India. A bit of geography before that-my house is in an area that was slightly remote at the time and hence, you'd find very few houses nearby. There's a road that passes by in front of my house and another road that intersects with it. In short, my house is located on one corner of a rectangular land. The other corners of land on the other sides of the intersection of roads were mostly empty but there was also a park opposite my house. Since there were very few houses in and around us, there were lesser street lights in comparison to other places.

Now, there was a street light at the intersection and the next street light was farther away, so it was actually dark along the road until you could find the next street light. And there was a huge tree along one of the intersecting roads, as tall as my house, which apparently was really old. My room was on the first floor in my house and the window from my room was directly in front of the street light, so one could see the intersection, the park opposite, the huge tree as well as further down the intersecting roads.

Coming back to the story, like I said, I was 15 years old at the time and I was up at night studying for my exams. My study table was in front of the window facing the view that I mentioned before. It was about 1:00 in the morning and I was looking out of the window while studying. Mind you, I wasn't sleepy one bit and I was slightly restless because of the exams. At some point, I could see what looked like a little girl walking towards the intersection of roads. She seemed to be wearing this light-colored attire but I couldn't say the exact color of it. And I couldn't see her face either since she was bending her head, so all I could say was that it was a girl because of the dress, a kid because she was short and looked like one. There was nothing outright scary exactly, but something about a kid walking alone slowly at 1 am in the morning with a bent head was creepy enough.

Now comes the creepier part, as she was approaching the crossing of the roads, she was naturally approaching the radius of the street light as well. But as she slowly made her way towards the light, she gradually disappeared as the light got stronger.

I was flabbergasted and terrified at what I saw and instinctively just ran to my parents and slept for another week along with them.

I told my parents about it and they dismissed it at first. But they're believers in such things as well. So the next day, we talked to some old local villagers who had lived there for a while. According to one man, there was a house in the patch of land next to the huge tree at one point and a family and a little girl used to live there. Nobody knew what really happened but one day all the family members including the little girl were found dead in their house. The place was demolished after that and nobody who knew the story, dared to purchase that piece of land. I have no idea if it was a rumor but I can definitely tell for sure that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. Hope you all enjoyed my story. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheNorthStar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

meerabaiyadav (3 posts)
+2
12 months ago (2023-03-25)
ka punah nhi dekha use tumne wahan aur ab wah wahan hai atva nhi
TheNorthStar (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-13)
Hello CrimsonTopaz.

I agree, it was quite tragic. I hope they're in peace now.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-03-13)
North star, it's really terrible to hear about what happened to this poor family. May they RIP.
TheNorthStar (1 stories) (5 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-03-11)
Hello Rajine

Nobody has purchased the land as far as we know. A few people did come to take a look at the land and did some rites which is common in India before building a house. But neither a house nor any kind of building has been built there yet. And there were no known paranormal experiences after that. It seems as though the ghosts there are friendly and do not mean any harm to anyone. Somehow that makes it more tragic. 😢
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-03-10)
Hi NorthStar

It's a tragic story indeed for a whole family to be wiped out like that, without any reason, you mentioned that the families piece of land has been purchased, is there a house built there now and if so are there any people living there that has experienced any kind of strange situation?
TheNorthStar (1 stories) (5 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-03-10)
Hello KenS80.

Thank you and yes, animals can definitely see things that we cannot.
Will be posting more soon.
KenS80 (1 stories) (40 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-10)
Cool name. Good tale. Animals do actually sense stuff. Hope you have more to tell. Enjoyed this one.
ankni (2 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-03-09)
Hi NorthStar. If she is hidden, let her stay that way. I'll give my regards from far away 😢
TheNorthStar (1 stories) (5 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-03-09)
Hi ankni.

That was indeed spooky and I was terrified for a week or so after that. However, I don't think that the girl lives anywhere else because she's dead now as far as we know.
But if I find her again, I'll surely ask her to say hi to you.😂
TheNorthStar (1 stories) (5 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-03-09)
Hello lady-glow. Sure feels great to be here on YGS.😊

I totally agree that what I saw could be the spirit of the girl who died in the house. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen her again, nor have I felt any kind of unsettling feeling when passing by in front of the house. However, I've heard many stray dogs howling at night altogether near the tree. Maybe they can see something that we cannot.

I'll surely come up with more of such stories soon. ❤
ankni (2 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-03-09)
Hi NorthStar. A really spooky encounter you have witnessed. Seeing that the little girl just walked by, she might've been following something. Maybe she was travelling in the direction of her house and she wasn't seen again since she reached her destination? Or maybe she lives in another house and we just don't know 😲
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-03-09)
Hi NorthStar.

Welcome to YGS.

Given the history of area, it seems like what you saw was the spirit of the little girl. Perhaps she was only walking around the same way she used to do it during her life, meaning no harm to you or anyone.

Have you seen her again ever since?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: