You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Woman Outside my Bedroom Window

Real Ghost Stories

Woman Outside my Bedroom Window

 

I just recently moved from a rancher house in the middle of the country to the middle of a widely populated area. In fact, this is just about a month since I moved in. One night last week, I was getting ready to go to bed, and I just happened to look out my bedroom window (which is on the second floor) and I saw a woman dressed in a white wedding gown standing at the foot of the driveway (the area where the driveway meets the road) just staring at me! I stared at her back waiting for something to happen, but she just stood absolutely still and continued staring. I decided to ignore it, so I went to bed.

Then I woke up early the next morning, at around 3:30am and looked out my window again, and the woman was STILL THERE! And she was standing as still as she was earlier, just staring at me. I decided to call the police and when they came, the woman wasn't there. But they did feel a cool draft around the area she was standing, and it was a very hot night.

Also, a couple nights after that, I looked out my window again and saw the woman gliding in the circle of the culdesac and stopped at my driveway. She glanced up at me and began staring at me again. But this time, after about 10 seconds, she smiled, her eyes turned black and soulless, and she waved at me and vanished into thin air.

To this day, I have never seen that woman again, and I have no idea who she is. I asked neighbors around the culdesac but they said they never heard anything about who she was. However, one person who lived quite close to us, but not a neighbor, listened to my description of the woman and said that she was a bride-to-be who died in a terrible car crash on her way to her wedding several years ago.

And that scared me to death, because I had just then realized that I had actually seen a ghost.

Other hauntings by IndianaJonesFan16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IndianaJonesFan16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ghostmedia (2 stories) (33 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
Creepy! THisd spooked me out when I read it. I posted on your last story my comment. Beccca
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
wow that's very scary. It would suck to die on the way to your wedding. 😕 She probably only made an evil face to scare you... 😢
chuzwuzum (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
very ggod story michael. If anyone wants to know about really good and creepy urban legends, read about bridges called 'crybaby bridges'. These are bridges that have been involved in the murders of babies and sometimes thier mothers. When you pass over them you can hear the babies crying. Very creepy stuff but an interesting read. Look out for my story 'unwanted party guest' as soon as I am able to publish it. Happy hunting!
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
shandi: well my bedroom is full of old mirors hehe... But I never heard this story... Wasn't Bloody Mary, one of King Henry VIII's wifes?
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Michael, I found your story to be really creepy. The eyes turning black was really scary to me. I wonder if she had a friend or relative, some connection, to your house. It sounds like she was attracted to the foot of your driveway for some reason. Did the neighbour tell you anything else about her? I'd sure be glad not to see her again!
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-27)
I still don't like to have a mirror in my bedroom because of that particular legend.
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
I've got to admit. Bloody Mary scares the cr** out of me. I'm always telling my kids to NOT EVER even joke about it. Ha. It doesn't help that we watched an episode of "Supernatural" together on this urban legend!

I know, silly but...eh...we've all got our legends that scare us, no matter how old we are. 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
I love urban legends and the faith that so many put into them. I am sure if they just took the time and did a little investigation into the matters they would see that there really is nothing to them. My all time favorite though is Bloody Mary. 🤔 😆 ❤

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
Speaking of urban legends. There's always the one of the female hitchhiker, from... Every state. I live in Maine and there's a legend of one in Poland... Maine that is. 😁 But, my favorite of all times has to be of Resurrection Mary.
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
Shane, it could also have to do with unfinished business. Just a thought.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
The one that always freaked me out were the Ghost brides who hang out at the cemetary. Maybe looking to add to their ghostly wedding party I suppose. But I have also heard that they usually mean the death of one of the party, but that is just another urban legend.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
Shane, I think you've hit the nail(s) on the head. I truly think it's because of lost love, and the fact that they missed out on a truly special day. I feel sadly for this woman.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
This is one that always puzzled me. I have heard some many different stories of Ghost brides, some with happy endings, some with deadly ones, others with no ending at all. I just wonder what really makes them stay behind, is it because they didn't get to partake in the most special day of their lives or is it because of the love they lost. I guess we will never know.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-25)
Talk about terrifying! I don't know what to say. That is just plain scary, how do you cope?
ikristine27 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-25)
that is sooo scary! Were you the only one in the house when that happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: