You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Things In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Things In My Bedroom

 

To those who read my story about the little girl's voice comforting me, this is a sort of sequel.

I'd been experiencing weird things in my bedroom at night, at the time me and my brother shared a bedroom. In the summer he always complained to leave the door open so it wouldn't get stuffy. One night he was away, and I was in bed by myself. I had the door closed while I was almost ready to fall asleep. I thought about open the door for his sake, but I was already snugged and cosy in my blanket and he wasn't there to complain, so I decided to just sleep. Suddenly I heard the same voice of the little girl I heard a few years back instantly say "He wants the door open" right in my ear.

My eyes opened wide as I instantly recognized that girl's voice from before, the same one that called my name. I decided then that I'll leave the door open since the friendly voice reminded me. I told my brother and he said maybe it was just my subconscious talking to myself to decide if I should leave the door open. He also told me about the awfully named exploding head syndrome. A common phenomenon to hear a loud bang or voice in your head when you're almost going into sleep or extremely stressed or tired.

The next weird experience in the bedroom wasn't a voice. One night when I was alone in the bedroom, I was thinking of the future and as I laid down on the bed. I thought to myself that it would be great if I had a girlfriend next year. Just as I finished that thought I heard 2 knocks on my bed post. I instantly jumped up with wide eyes. I was not scared or anything like that, just very surprised as if those knocks were saying to me to pay attention. Were the knocks confirming something? Or telling me something about the future? It freaked me out a little bit knowing that something was paying attention to my thoughts.

Other hauntings by Gh0st_Knight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gh0st_Knight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gh0st_Knight (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-02)
[at] LFrog1386 I didn't get a girlfriend in 2021 however I did research and to some cultures knocking on wood can be done to stop something from happening after it is said. So if it was an entity maybe they didn't want me to get a girlfriend? Or they wished for it to happen to show good luck and it hopes I'll get one. I'll keep everyone posted if any other weird and paranormal things do happen again.
Gh0st_Knight (5 stories) (11 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-20)
[at] aussiedaz Greetings Daz, I'm starting to believe too. I looked into metaphysics and some strange things have happened to me recently that I rather keep private for now but I do believe that something was communicating to me. I thought it was something natural but the knocks clearly replicated that of a human knocking. I'll update the story if and when a similar haunting happens.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-20)
Ghost knight,

From my experience and research, our thoughts are not as private as we think they are, some theoretical physicist are claiming we live in a thought based universe and some studies on telepathy are basically proving we have a tool with in our minds capable of extracting information?

I once lived in a home for 29 years where on many occasions some spirits would communicate to me through knocking on the wall however, it's usually three knocks for some reason?... When you jumped up after two, I'd say it probably still does vindicate an intelligent haunting rather than the moisture expending in the timber of which can be a logical explanation involving measurable physics?

Sometimes I would ask through my thoughts for three knocks and they would respond tic for tac. Often when something tragic was going to happened... Like a loss of a friend or relative, the knocks on the walls would be pretty intense for a couple of days prior of which was always a concern, that had me in a silent panic wondering who it was.

Regards Daz!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-20)
Ghost Knight, I'm posting simply to suggest the knocking may not have been connected with your thinking. That it maybe just timed that way in the moment. If you notice a pattern with activity and your thinking, well keeping an open mind, I guess it's possible your ghost friend has magic 8 ball qualities. Jokes aside, I do think that's possible, just more probable to be a coincidence in my opinion.

You may consider keeping a journal of activity in the room or house. A pattern will no doubt emerge if there's someone trying to communicate through knocking.

As for hearing the voice when you're dozing off, I've had that too at times. I think it can be the product of dreaming a lot of the time. But I've had a few times which I think were in fact a ghost communicating. Point being you'll have to be your own judge at that. A journal can help there too.

Thanks for sharing, hope you keep us posted.
Gh0st_Knight (5 stories) (11 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-17)
[at] LFrog1386 Hi there, this happened last year in 2020 haha I write this comment on January 17th 2021. I'll tell you if it happens but I won't get my hopes up. It's certainly very strange.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
-1
3 years ago (2021-01-17)
So? Did you find a girlfriend that year? 😁 It could be something affirming your thoughts and letting you know it heard your wish.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: