You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Park

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Park

 

I'm not good with explaining things and especially not with titles and whatever else but I'm going to give it a shot. I'm not actually sure if its this park or if its me or something else, I'm just confused. Basically I'm 17 and I live on an island on the south coast of England. Honestly since I was a kid I have never actually believed in ghosts, spirits, hauntings or anything like that. I've always been a very logical person, I don't believe in religions or anything like that because I simply don't believe in anything that I have no proof in. I've occasionally met people who believed in ghosts and said they had had some experiences to do with them and I found it interesting but I never actually believed any of it. Now I've been trying to find information on the internet that might help with everything that has happened recently but I haven't found anything at all. So that's why I'm coming here to see if I can find anything. I know most people here are probably Americans and there probably isn't anybody who knows in detail about how things like this happen but I'm just confused. I can't logically explain all of these events and its hard to link them together and make sense of them.

Okay, so from the beginning. I didn't believe this either until more recently in the last 2 years or so. But I've been told that I'm a Psychic. I'm still not exactly sure what a Psychic is but from what I've found out there are different types of them. When I sleep I sometimes have dreams in incredible details of things and they always happen exactly how it happened in the dream every time without fail. On top of that sometimes I get strange feelings. This is how it first started. The dreams I have had since I was about 6 or 7. But this was new. I live on the Isle of Wight which is a small island on the south coast of England. I live on the outskirts of Ryde so its quite a country side like area.

The first thing that happened I thought was a one off thing. But it scared the hell out of me and ever since I've been scared of the dark and being alone in woodland areas. Basically we moved to this house about 3 years ago and often my mum asks me to walk the dog. When I used to walk the dog I always went to the exact same place. (I would be happy to show people on Google maps or show them pictures if it helps) It's a small park about a 5 minute walk away from my house. The area it's in is only 1 road that leads from the edge of the town into the country side. There are very few houses around and there are farming allotments behind the park. It was supposed to be a kids play park but I very rarely see anybody down there. There is a small gravel pathway leading down to it with tree branches over the path. The park itself has a small climbing frame to the right of the entrance and 2 swings to the right of that. I often walked the dog here, even at night time without any problems and I was perfectly comfortable with it. I wasn't scared of the dark or anything like that either, in fact I used to love parks and woodland areas.

This first incident was a long time ago now. I can't remember exactly when... But it was on an evening after school, probably a Tuesday. It must have been about a year ago. My dog is a very large American Akita. She is big and pretty strong as they were trained fighting dogs. However, she is very lazy. She spends most of the day laying down not doing anything and I had NEVER heard her growl at anybody, let alone bark. When I actually walked down into the park as usual I let her on the long lead and I walk around a bit where I usually stand next to the climbing frame as she walks and sniffs around. It was a very dark night. The moon was hidden by clouds and I couldn't see many stars. Other than the allotments on the side where the path leading into the park is, all other sides of the park are covered by woods and trees. The park is roughly circular and about 20x20 meters.

At the bottom of the park is a pathway that is partially over grown that leads to a circular walk way that leads back to the park. It only takes about 5 minutes to walk around the entire thing. I remember specifically it was quite a warm night and the air was perfectly still. Not even a breeze. I was only wearing jeans and a jacket. After maybe 2 or 3 minutes I noticed my dog was growling. This alone was enough to make me worry a little as she really does never ever growl at anything. And it was a heavy aggressive growl. I tried to see where she was looking and she was looking at some of the bushes in front of the trees to the left of the walk way at the bottom of the park about 25 meters away maybe. I saw the bushes rustling a little and I saw a figure standing behind the bushes but in front of the trees. I know it wasn't a person. I've never been diagnosed with mental issues or anything like that. But I know I saw it. And I know it wasn't a person.

It was a tallish dark shadow more than a person. Maybe about 5'8" in height and it was a wide shadow but it looked heavily built and solid. I can remember the feeling perfectly. I was terrified. The atmosphere was the worst part... I felt heavy and I felt like I couldn't move. The air felt really heavy and thick and my pulse was raising. I remember just staring at it for a good 5 seconds as my dog started barking. Then even though it was a perfectly calm evening suddenly wind started blowing violently. I had to cover my face with my arms and could hardly stand up straight. It only lasted for about 4 or 5 seconds again then it was perfectly calm again. When I opened my eyes the figure was gone and several heavy thick branches on the trees to my right had fallen down. I turned around and just ran as fast as I could until I got home.

When I got home I washed my face and got a glass of water. My breathing was still fast and I honestly thought I just imagined it. I remember it must have been a Friday now because the next day my friend Sam came to stay over night. And that must have been a Saturday. We went to the park when it was still day light in the morning around 1 pm and the tree branches and bits of the fence were still over the ground where they had all fallen down. It must have been violent wind to knock down the branches as they were all as thick as my arm. It was then that I realized it really must have all happened. Since then I have avoided the place completely at night, in the day I was alright.

Since then nothing at all happened as I said this must have been around a year and a half ago. But just last week my girlfriend came to stay with me here for the first time. She lives in Coventry so about 150 miles away. She got here on the Sunday night. I remember perfectly my mum asked me to walk the dog on the Tuesday and it was still quite bright. Around dusk. She went with me to the park and we sat on the metal bench just next to the climbing frame. The dog was walking around and all the rest and we were just talking. I asked her what she thought of the island and things like that. She said it was nice and more quiet than the city. She said this place feels really nice and calm. I remember the way she said it. It felt kind of strange to be honest. But I didn't think anything of it. It was dusk so the sky was an orange red color.

After a minute or so after that we were both just quiet and all of a sudden she started screaming. I still remember. She was screaming incredibly loud and she instantly stood up and started like brushing herself or panicking? I didn't know what to think at the time. I panicked as well. I stood up and I remember shouting "Charley calm down, what's wrong" and I remember my voice was so much deeper than usual just because of how scared I was. She was screaming and crying at the same time. I instantly wrapped my arm round her shoulder and started running with her away from the park.

She was crying all the way home and for a good 10 minutes after we got there. She couldn't even talk for about 15 minutes because of how dry her throat was and how much she must have stretched her vocal chords. Now the rest I can not tell fully... I don't know... But the thing I found strangest was that she suddenly reacted like that but I couldn't feel a thing. I honestly didn't see or feel a single thing. But I knew the place was bad from before... But never during the day. It was always at night I stayed away from it. During the day it was always fine.

When we got back and she settled down she tried to tell me. I'm not sure because I didn't see a thing, as I said. But she said she saw a girl. She said she was about our height so about 5'5" and she looked totally and utterly dead. She was standing there near where I saw the shadow. But on the other side of the path and in front of the bushes not behind them. She said she was dead, everything about her was dead. Her skin and all her features apart from her face. She said her hair was filthy and dirty but everything about her just looked dead. I can't describe more than that because I stopped her talking because she started to cry again and said she couldn't stop thinking about it.

I've not been there since. I'm scared of even going near the place now. I'm not sure if these 2 incidents are linked or if it's something to do with me or if it's just the place or anything. I'm pretty sure I will have a lot of Americans commenting that all of this is a load of rubbish as that's what most forums like this get. Though I know I'm telling the truth and I just want to find some help. I have looked all over and not found any answers at all. If anybody can help or give me some advice I would be really grateful. These are all the things I have had proof of from actually being there. I have heard some other things but I don't want to write them here as I don't know if they are actually true or not. Either way, I would be grateful for any answers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kairu99877, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-25)
The Isle of Wight is purportedly one of the most haunted islands in the world, and has a long violent history. If you do some research, you may be able to determine who the apparition was.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
MelLundquist (8 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-08)
Ghosts can be attached to places Objects and people. Perhaps this ghost or ghosts were attached to the park. They might have passed on there. If you want to know more I would suggest that you see if there are any paranormal investigation teams in London that will answer your questions better than I can. I also fully believe you.
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
The comments make my head hurt. I'm American, not offended. On to the productive, if I were you, I would do what many have suggested and try to do some research on the area. Like one poster suggested, the local library can be the best place to start. I hope that you don't encounter anything at the park again. Just remember that it is okay to be confused or unsure of what you may have seen. Knowledge is power! I enjoyed your story, but give your pup extra love for the warning sirens!:) Take care...
Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
What in the world does being an American have to do with anything. I've had experiences that are quite unbelievable...that's what this site is about, relating the unbelievable incidents that happen to us or have happened to us in order to hopefully get some clarification or understanding. American or not...that's neither here nor there. It sounds to me like you just have issues with Americans in general.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
Claudia_Sofia: Nobody's pissed off by being called "Americans" 😆. This line from the O/P: "I'm pretty sure I will have a lot of Americans commenting that all of this is a load of rubbish as that's what most forums like this get.", seems a little biased, wouldn't you say? I'm sure if any other nationality had been mentioned the same reactions would have surfaced.

Enjoy your stay with us.
Claudia_Sofia (8 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
Why is everyone so ticked off about being called "Americans"?,you can critize everyone else but you can't take a few references about "the americans"?, real mature of you guys, ganging up against a teenager. It only goes to show you... And I don't mind telling you all this because I DO NOT CARE whatever you could say, I sign myself here only to tell you that sucks to be such insensitive bullies. YES!, BULLIES! I will carry on reading these stories during my lunch break, besides that, you can all say whatever you want. ❤
osnapitsDebra (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-07)
What the heck was happening here I thought this website was about submitting stories and feeding off of other peoples stories not fighting:/

-Debra ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Swimsinfire:
You are right, I'm out of this circus!

LOLOLOLOL
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Heeyyy wohhhh guys! Breath. C'mon. It was funny, but now it's getting a little rough.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Chary:
As if I care.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
First off my name is Charlotte not Charlene and Charly not Charley and badjujuu it is also not Charity which you said in another comment and I am not a standing joke that can be dropped into a convosation at any point. You say that my stories have similarities to this one and implying that I wrote this but this one wasn't wrote by me. This has no similarities to mine. I AM posting under a different name as well. Also Lady-Glow you don't know me. You haven't met me. I hardly talk to you and I hate you.
livinit2 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Hi there. I will tell you one thing, your story was not a bunch of rubbish. Many people try not to believe that there are such things like an after life. I think your story was great. Try to find out some history about the place. That would help.
tinohoang (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
how bout the next time your mom ask you to walk the dog, you have her walk it.
korvandalf (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
What I reccomend is you take 1 or 2 other adults with you there and your pray or meditate there. It seems to me that there might be dead bodies buried under the park or something.
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
ok first GOD BLESS AMERICA! Story was intersting, and yet confusing at the same time. I understand her being a teenager, she hasn't grown into a mature adult whom understands not to judge others. Swimsinfire, zzgranny I agree. She should look into the history, and talk to locals. It may help her understand. 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-06)
Oh oops. Heckyeah, I forgot. Have to be reminded from time to time.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Swims! SHAME ON YOU! You forgot all Americans are also filthy rich! 😆
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Hi sorry to post twice, but that post from Inda was "the Dear Old Man" by Vassydutta. It's worth reading and good insight into other traditions views of life and passing meaning more like change-it seems like- than dieing. Hope it is helpfull because I think I read a similar celtic tradition.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Wow! I just don't know how to answer that. Get pissed on, wowed by a great story, royally disrespected, and finish up with another shower of piss. Thankyou for your Brittish manners. Don't forget Americans are also stupid, overweight, and all our pets have rabies. But since you shared really well, besides that... You can have gifts and not believe in them, because it has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the giver. And I think you should find the history of the place too, because maybe they showed themselves to you for a reason. Someone posted not to long ago from a Hindu tradition of aiding the dead who have issues, and that makes sense in western traditions also, maybe. My son and I had an expierience like that. Good story.
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
Kairu, that is quite a frightening experience you had. Personally I don't think it is you that the apparitions are attached to. Have you seen the dark mass you described since that day or felt the same fear you felt then, since? If so, than I may be wrong, but it sounds like there might be something attached to that area.
If you are afraid that it is attached to you, I've always found that meditation can help to give some answers, especially if you have a psychic ability. Good old fashion course Sea Salt sprinkled on your windowsill and Rose Quartz are also good things to use to keep unwanted visitors at bay.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2013-07-05)
kairu99877: First off I am Australian and the majority of people on here, are like you said Americans, but you can't label just Americans will think your story and experiences are rubbish.
Regarding your experiences personally in my opinion you are looking too much into things I personally can't find anything paranormal about these experiences of your's. I could very well be wrong, but something about this doesn't sit right with me. Just my opinion no hard feelings! 🤔

Dan
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Well, still scratching my head over what nationality has to do with believing something someone says. Or even what Americans have to do with the account of your experience. 😕 True, when something is foreign to my culture and belief system, I might have a wee problem wrapping my mind around it, but that doesn't mean I assume it's rubbish. I ask questions, and usually someone will come to my aid. Easy-peasy.
Your tale is interesting, and it seems to me that, Charley could well be a sensitive. Had you told her of your experience before hand? This is what I think, every action, emotion we feel leaves a thumbprint, if you will, and some people are capable of not just picking up on those emotions but actually seeing things as well.
You mention that you hardly see anyone at that park, it could be abandoned. Perhaps others had similar experiences and avoid the place. You might do a bit of research, talk to some local gossips, see what you can pickup on. May have been a young girl's murder there. There's no rule that says only one entity can be in any place. The one you saw and felt, certainly doesn't seem to be a nice one. Bully for your dog for protecting you! After all that growling was as much to alert you as it was to serve warning to the black thing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Badjuujuu:
I know all about Charly, that's why I say "What do WE have against...
And yes, as soon as I read the name Charley I couldn't help but to remember her comment about posting under a different name. I, too, am a cynical and sarcastic individual that will forever look with distrust at any teenager from the UK that posts a new story; though it wouldn't matter if she changes her name, nationality and age, her style would show on the first paragraph 😜.

But probably we are wrong about the OP for this story, I guess we just need to wait to see the way she reacts.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Well, you see lady-glow, I'm one cynical individual. There's a poster here who, until recently, claimed her name was Charlene, Charley for short, who is a medium that is not a medium. Her profile now lists her name as something else. Her stories have certain...inconsistencies, rather similar to the inconsistencies that "kairu" has in her tale. The poster formerly known as Charley went on a little rant the other day, explaining that she'd be posting under another name...
So, my cynicism is at over 9000 at the moment.
Happy 4th. 😆 ❤ 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
BadJuujuu: What do WE have against a girl called 'Charley'? 😐

Kairu: I agree with granny, try to find the history of the area and ask more questions about 'the other things you have heard', the answer could be there. Perhaps you only happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

As for dreaming about things that later come true, the same happens to me and I have been writing my dreams every morning for the last four years or so and it is interesting to compare how many things I 'know' before they happen... But I don't think that makes me a psychic.
BTW, who and why told you that you are a psychic?

I hope my comment doesn't distress you.
Thanks for sharing.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Triden wrote a story. On the 4th and.it.was published on the 4th, it's called mother & daughter! For a paranormal site some of you aren't very supportive. I been a.member on here for a.while but. No logged on for abit, I can see many of you are new members and no comments are by established people I used to speak to.before. Be kind, this site isn't for ridicule!
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
I'll give you some advice, as some think everyone is psychic just
Because they have seen something odd. If I were you, go back to the park, with your dog and maybe a couple of friends, tell them what happened. Be calm, wait and see if anything happens, take some pics if something does happen, what's the worst that can happen? Let us know.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Chill out... You Americans... The author of this story is a teenager, maybe he used the word "Americans" wr ongly, don't be too harsh, I think he. Meant that the. Majority of people on here are American, (a fellow Brit).
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
First of all, this is a forum where many, if not most, of the readers have had their own bizarre, unexplainable event. Anyone who belittles YOUR experience is rude and ignorant.
But I would also like to chastise your comment that "Americans commenting that all of this is a load of rubbish as that's what most forums like this get"...as an American, that's offensive as we're not the ONLY nationality who make foolish comments. In the future, please be more conscientious about the REST of us people born and raised here. We are just like YOU.
As per what happened, it sounds as though your girlfriend has psychic abilities too, and that there was a tragedy that may have taken place somewhere close to that park. Do some research in your locale. You may find answers as close as the local library.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-07-04)
Mmkay, so you've been having precognitive dreams since you were 6 or 7, but have difficulty believing in things you don't have proof for. That sounds a little contradictory, but ok. I can believe that.
On a Tuesday which you later decide was a Friday you saw a tall shadow figure in the park and experienced some weird weather. K. You returned with your friend on Saturday "when it was still daylight in the morning around 1 pm." Now, that may only be confusing to my tiny American mind because here "am" is morning, and "pm" is after noon. Your other friend's name is Charley huh? Cute. She a teenage medium?
Btw, how crap is your luck for your story to be published on the 4th of July? Might have dissed us a little less if you'd known what day this would hit the forums. 😆

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: