You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dear Old Man

Real Ghost Stories

Dear Old Man

 

This is my second story after Railway Stations and Ghosts. Frankly I have no training in paranormal or occult and in my family there is no one remotely involved. But still I am always caught in these phenomenons which do not have rational explanations.

These series of incidents happened in year 2010. Then I was working Puducherry and I used to live alone in a very old house on sea front. The area we lived is called White Town or French Town and sighting a ghost or presence is a very normal phenomenon you come across.

Coming back to my story, it started around month of September that every night I used be woken from my sleep by a tap on my shoulder and as soon I woke up there was no one. This went for couple of days. And one night I had a dream. A very old man came in front of me and angrily shouted, "Every night I come to you for help you don't help me." And I had no clue what to do. Still I asked him what did he want. This old man said he wanted Mukti (liberation from the earth) and wanted my help. Guys, I seriously got scared and woke up.

Now, I was really confused and scared. Someone wanted Mukti and I was supposed to help. I am not a tantrik or priest or didn't have any knowledge of Occult.

But the tapping, dreams continued and I was lost. Only thing I knew was prayer. I prayed to God to help me out. Later I had an interesting dream. Old man came and stood in front of me with same sad eyes and started narrating his story. His name was Prabhu and he lived in my hometown in Goa. He was dead for around 300 hundred years. His death was very painful as he had died by bullet. He lived in his ancestral property and he wanted to leave earth but was scared and didn't want to leave his ancestral house. I woke up and started praying for Prabhu Kaka as I had decided to call this old man. And that was the time I heard a soft voice, "You will be told what needs to be done." I didn't know whose this soft voice was but something me trusted this voice. No rational explanations here.

Next day while talking to my mom I mentioned about this and she told me that it was Pitru Padarwada or 15 days in Indian calender given to perform rituals for dead so they can get Mukti or liberation. I realised the significance of the period and hoped Kaka received Mukti in this period.

From that day onwards before going to bed I used to pray for Prabhu Kaka. He would come in my dreams and stand sadly and I would wake up. Again this went on for couple of days.

One night as I sat to pray with my eyes closed I heard the same soft voice. The voice guided me to call Prabhu Kaka. When I would sense him in front of me in real not in dream. I felt his anger, pain, sadness and fear. And as guided by voice I did following.

First I held the presence of Prabhu Kaka in my hands and the name of that ritual was called Mukti Bandh (I am not sure what it means). Anyways then I was asked to invoke vortex of light and fill myself and Kaka with it. As light filled my hold, Kaka was loosened and he was taken into the light, I would still feel his fear for death. I started praying and what happened was beautiful. As Kaka went high up in the light, suddenly the whole light burst into rainbow colours and my heart was filled with deep happiness. There was no Kaka anymore.

From next day I had no more dreams, taps or anything else though I have stray cases of Mukti Call Centre as one of my friends (who dabbles into paranormal) calls it.

Other hauntings by maitreyee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maitreyee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IreneFernandes11 (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-15)
I'm wondering if there were bullets way back before 300 years as you have mentioned that Prabhu died due to a bullet
IreneFernandes11 (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-15)
I'm wondering if there were bullets way back before 300 years as you have mentioned that Prabhu died fue to a bullet
osnapitsDebra (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-07)
Wow very interesting you should research about him and the house you live in if you can. Thanks for sharing

-Debra ❤ 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-03)
Dear vasvdutta, why I asked is because I live in Madras (Chennai) and I happen to visit Pondy quite frequently. So I thought, it is possible, would meet your during my next visit. That is all.

I want to tell you that you possess a very good gift by nature and a very good nature by heart. God bless you.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
vasvdutta (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-02)
Dear Sds,

No I am no more live in Pondy but thank you for comments. I value them.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-02)
Hello vasvdutta, it is a wonderful experience and I think you are gifted my friend. Do you still live in Puducherry? Yes, when guiding the spirit, it is one of the ways to lead them to light and you should never have fear of death. It is a nice thing and as you said, it is quite difficult to convince the spirits that they have passed on and they should go to light. You have done a great job.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Crystal_faith (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-01)
This is an amazing story, thanks you for sharing (: I think I know what that voice was! I think it was the Holy Ghost, in my church it is know as the still small voice, the Holy Ghost tells you what you should do and he helps you (: If you are wondering My church is called "The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints." I know this answer is a religious kind of answer, but I hope it helps! (:
zzoya (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-27)
one can easily help a living one, but its really great to see that you helped the old man spirit. Thanks for posting. Great story!
kritesh (22 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-27)
interesting experience and we all are happy that you help that old man prabhu good job. Keep it up
And keep posting all of your experiences.
ragini (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-27)
Hello vasvdutta,
Nice story... And very well written... Keep posting... 😊 😊
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
Vasvidutta ~ it sounds like you have a wonderful gift:)

Was this person at all related to you?

Thanks for sharing your story. I am sure many more may come. It's obvious you have a gift. Keep us posted.

❤ Sue
Nikki12 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
This is such a touching story! Maybe you have the ability to help spirits be in peace and hopefully you can help more spirits in the long run:)
vasvdutta (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
Dear Swiminfire and Happy Spirit,

Thank you for your response. The main intention of my sharing this story was to tell people about the way by which we can help a spirit leave Earth. But two things we have to keep in mind the spirit has to be ready for transition and second you should have yourself no fear of death and dying.
To elaborate my point I would like to share one more incident in brief. After Prabhu Kaka I had one more spirit come to me. This lady had died of old age without any tragedy attached, but she had immense fear of death and hence was not ready to go from Earth. She would come many nights to me but she was not ready. Finally she was ready and as I held her hand I would feel her deep fear of death inside me. But as I have no fear of death, I would distinguish between her fear and my emotions, so I could support her through out.
These two points are very important.
One more thing when you help someone like this remember you are going to be very tried after it.
And it helps others do share it. 😁
Pragya (5 stories) (68 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-26)
It is such a wonderful story. You do not know but you have done a good deed. The Punya (positive credits) for this is manifold. And if kaka becomes an angel of God he will surely be helping and guiding you. 😁
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
That's a great formula for helping people go to the light. Would it be all right if we shared that with people who have the same dilema who submit to this sight? Beautiful story.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
This is a wonderful and inspiring story. So glad you listened to your guidance. I do believe we living have great power to help the deceased with our prayers, even if we didn't know them in physical life.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: