You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Three Knocks And A Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Three Knocks And A Shadow Man

 

I guess I'll start by saying that I'm currently eighteen years old and I no longer live in the house I experienced things in. The first experience that I ever had was when I was about six years old, in a brand new house my parents just had built. I had just gotten my own bedroom after having shared one with my sister, as you can imagine the six year old me was extremely excited. My room was next to my sisters and across of my parents bedroom and I always slept with my door open.

For the first few months everything was ordinary and then I started having trouble sleeping. I would experience vivid nightmares about walking through hallways where disembodied hands would reach out for me, trying to grab me. Shortly after that I began to hear three knocks on my wall every night, like someone wanted to come in. As a kid, this terrified the living Hell out of me. I went to my parents every night about it and every night they said I was imagining things and proceed to get angry with me for waking them up.

Eventually I gave up on telling them and would sneak into my sister's room to sleep next to her. Every night that I slept in my sister's room nothing would happen. My parents found out and of course, made me sleep in my own bedroom. The knocking started again, sometimes before I had even fallen asleep and sometimes it would wake me up.

One day, after a huge fight with my sister about her taking my toys from my bedroom, I put a sign on my door that said "Keep Out! Big Sisters Only." or something to that affect. Later that night, I heard the knocking as usual - this was one of the times I had yet to fall asleep - but this time I saw an arm reach around and pull the note down. You can imagine the terror I felt at that point, but I thought it might have been my dad (it was a man's arm), so I got up to investigate. I could hear both my parents sleeping in their bedroom and my sister was fast asleep in her own room (which I stayed in for the rest of the night, too afraid to return to my own.). After that, I don't remember much happening. The knocking had stopped for a while.

A few years later, when I had finally felt safe enough to sleep in my room without fear, stranger things began to happen, and I honestly think I would have taken the knocking over what began to happen. I would hear my name being called in the middle of the night and I started seeing a shadow figure stand in my doorway, never entering and always leaving shortly after he appeared. Looking at him, I was absolutely terrified. Thinking about it now still gives me the creeps.

Then, in the last months we were leaving at the house, I had the scariest - and probably strangest - experience I believe I've ever had. Through my bedroom window I saw a silvery light, at first I believed it was the neighbors light on, on their side yard, but then a ball of the same glowing light floated through my window and into my room. It was beautiful, but the feelings it gave me were worse than I had felt even looking at the shadow man. This happened when I was about twelve.

Recently I found out that my sister had had an experience of her own, though it was so different than mine. She would see the figure of a girl sitting on her bed playing with her favorite stuffed animal. The girl had actually spoken to her saying "Will you play with me? Come play with me." But the way my sister talks about is as if it's a positive experience, or like it's an old friend.

My friend drove by that house a few weeks ago (she was curious about it after I had told her all this), and she told me that she had gotten a really negative feeling just going past it.

Soo, I guess that's really all I can say for now. I have had a few other experiences in my life, though not connected to this house in particular. My question is... Why would this be happening in a brand new house? Why was what my sister experienced so vastly different from what I did? I don't know as much about the paranormal as I'd, admittedly, like to.

If it matters, I am Christian but I am totally open to hearing whatever it is you'd like to tell me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paigesofabook, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
FalseProfit,

Interesting that you should pick a submission that has not been commented on in 3 years, that gives us a wee bit of room for debate.

This topic comes up every so often, the number three that is, and I want to begin this chat by asking you this...

What makes 3 knocks/scratches/3am so 'un-holy'? I ask as a Christian who 'hears or see's' the number three and it makes me think (reminds me) of the Holy Trinity, not the opposite. Just curious.

Respectfully,

Rook
FalseProfit (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-24)
I'm late to reply here, as a new member to the site. But I should add that demons do things in 3s as a mockery of the holy Trinity. 3 knocks is usually a sign of demons.
StephRayOfLight (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
By the way, many times, the knocks on the door are actually a person that has already died and is saying goodbye, sometimes you have to let them know you hear them and say goodbye as well, tell them everything will be okay, maybe even pray for them and they stop. ❤
StephRayOfLight (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-16)
The silver ball was an extraterrestrial being or beings... You probably felt cold at that moment... It wasn't necesarily bad, maybe its energy and yours just didn't quite fit in regarding vibration levels. The shadow man being there and not entering your room says a lot about the beings that protect you and didn't/don't let him come in. But, I feel he wasn't exactly trying to hurt you, they usually aren't, we just think they are cause of their strangeness. He was most likely trying to get your attention, for what, that's up to you to figure out. Maybe you sister was more receptive to her experience than you were to yours, your filter (the way you interpret things) plays a big role in what the experience becomes. ❤ ❤
glas_enaid (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
that was a really good story, the arm taking down the note would have freaked me out I am curious tho if it was solid or transparent either way its super creepy, I wonder if any of that had anything to do with the land the house was built on. Either way I'm glad no one got hurt while you lived there. 😊
Jeneva (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
Kumakatok = Three-hooded spirits that knocks on your door which signals that someone will the other day after.

-http://philurbanlegends.blogspot.com/p/monsters-and-creatures-in-philippines.html

This might help oh and where do you live?
Dududancewithu (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
I sometimes see a ghost girl l but the one I see is evil I think she's a poltergeist.
White_Zen (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-12)
I'm too scared to Imagine if 'that arm' can reach you and hurt you. Good to know that not harm you... 😨
And I will be very scared if I see the ghost girl in my room... 😐
Thanks for sharing you story~ 😁
paigesofabook (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
No, my parents had never had the house blessed. In fact, they just think it was both mine and my sister's imagination.
Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
Cool Story! Thanks for sharing! ^_^

The probable reason as to why the house is haunted is not because of the house itself but the land that it was built on. Something must have been built or buried on that location a long time ago and has a residual or in this case intelligent entities that haunts the house. In the case of the difference between the experiences of you and your sister, a possible explanation would be on how you both interpreted the experience. She might have thought that it was a good spirit but it could have been just ploy for her to get close to the spirit and get spirited away but that's just me. Oh and did your parents had the house blessed before? ^_^

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: