You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Fairy, The Girl And My Sister

Real Ghost Stories

The Fairy, The Girl And My Sister

 

When I was 7 years old, I lived in Ayer, MA with my mom and her boyfriend. I had always been a pain to get put to bed because I hated it. I was petrified of the dark and being alone. I would often be awake listening to the TV downstairs until Mom and Frank went to sleep. My door was always left open just enough so I could see the hall light and my mom could check on me without waking me.

There was one night that I was being very difficult, I did it a lot without any reason. My mom had just put me back to bed, I tried to sleep but I couldn't. I opened my eyes and looked over at my door, I saw a women standing there. She was surrounded by green light and she had something in her hands. She looked exactly like my mom, I thought it was her and called out to her as I continued to look at the figure. There was no reply. I freaked out and hid under the covers, when I came out she was gone.

Around the same time period I had been awake listening to the movie Mom was watching, it was 13 ghosts. This later became my favorite movie. I had no idea what they were watching, nor did I go and sit at the top of the stairs to watch it. My mom assumed I did and that's why I was afraid. I was just laying there and suddenly saw a little girl go past my door and into the bathroom. I freaked out. I'm an only child, the light was on in the hall and Mom was right downstairs. It wasn't until I was 13 I found out my mom believed in ghosts and just didn't want to scare me by telling me.

A year later, I was 8 or 9 and my older sister had just died of a heart attack. I was okay with it, but I did miss her. Her birthday had either just passed or was coming up, I couldn't sleep, as always. I closed my eyes and let my mind wander but didn't fall asleep. If I was asleep I wouldn't have woken so quick after this. A vision came to me, I was standing in a room with my whole family. We were having a birthday party, there was a banner on the wall that said happy birthday. My older sister came up to me and I hugged her. I wished her a happy birthday and she laughed. I opened by eyes after this and felt strange.

Later on in life I lived in a house in Brookline, NH with my mom and her soon to be husband, Josh. My mom cared for a man who had a stroke and couldn't live alone. Two of his daughters had committed suicide in the house. My mom and I would constantly see things and my mom would hear the dishes being washed. By hand, in the middle of the night, she thought it was me and went upstairs (her room was in the basement) to make sure I was okay; nothing was there. I had also once seen a huge spider crawl across the floor, but we never found it. It was like the size of a Frisbee.

So many weird things have happened to me. I'm a Pagan now and almost 20, I've lived in other haunted homes and I work with spirits. I am a medium, but not as powerful as I could be. I do not practice often. I love the spirits and they are my friends. It's creepy, but I cannot sleep if they are not watching me. If I stay at a friends house who has no spirits I cannot sleep and have the constant urge to cry.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PrincessWillow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
Princess:
I have to put in my 2 cents worth here. Working backwards, I have an incredible phobia of spiders. Some nights I have an experience where, I don't know if other people exrerience this from time to time, where you are just about to fall asleep and you suddenly get jolted awake. Like an electric surge runs through your body. When this happens and I look at a wall or a curtain, I always see a big, black spider running up the wall or curtain. But if I blink my eyes a few times it usually disappears. The reason I mention this, is when I get jolted awake like that, my heart pounds so hard it feels like I am going to pass out. In my mind, I have theorized that, since I fear spiders, and I am panicky when I wake up, seeing a spider running up the wall is just my mind projecting a fear that pops into my head. If that makes any sense? Were you fully conscious when you saw this spider?

Like other readers, I am definitely confused that you state you were an only child and a year later you had just lost your older sister to a heart attack? Did you see yourself as an only child because your sister wasn't living with you?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
And this is why I don't have a tellavission! But true about the jaded thing. After reading the comment about the sketchymoto stories being in the summer, I almost stoped reading until September.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
I'd love to share a cheeseburger with Dean Winchester/Jensen Ackles! Where and what time? LOL!
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
Elfstone...tsk, tsk you need to use a bacon double cheeseburger in a Dean Winchester trap. No wonder yours fails. 😆
Honestly, Amihet, with the accounts on here, I always go with my gut. Something sounds off, or I don't quite understand I ask questions. Just because it's outside my realm of experience doesn't mean it can't be true. Sometimes it's just an error in writing, they wrote one thing but meant another. And fibbers come in all ages. I guess there just appears to be more of them because their fibs are easier to spot.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
One of the drawbacks of reading these fictional accounts by teens is that when the real deal comes along we can be somewhat jaded and speaking for myself, I don't believe it until it feels true in my gut. These fictional stories can discredit the true supernatural experience to an outsider looking in. It really scares me when they claim to talk to all kinds of spirits or demons via the ouija board and at times there is violence and frightning dread involved. It is not a joke and it shouldn't be taken lightly and I agree with the previous posters - they have too much free time on their hands - go and volunteer at a shelter, hospital or soup kitchen and help make this world a better place if not than - go read a book.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
I know I see a lot of comments on here that I'm pretty sure originated on Supernatural. It's an awesome show, but it's not real. If it was, I wouldn't be goofing off online. I'd be baking a pie to bait my Dean Winchester trap with! 😆

I do think it's interesting to look at how these shows and books and movies affect popular perception of the supernatural. While mass media has sped up the process and made it more universal, this marriage of folklore and fiction has been going on since forever. I think it's even possible that these things could influence actual paranormal experiences.

I have this sort of nebulous theory that when we pick up something with our sixth sense that we don't really comprehend, our brain tries to present it in a way we'll understand. If we perceive something dark and dangerous and our subconscious expects something dark and dangerous to look like the demon Alastair from Supernatural and to have black eyes, then we'll see a black-eyed man who looks like Alastair.

I'm thinking that's why sightings of things like Hatman are so wide-spread. At some point a shadowy man in a hat and coat entered the collective subconscious as a menacing figure so now, when people see something menacing they perceive it as Hatman.

Is any of this making any sense?
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
Granny, you know that thought never occurred to me. I guess that's a possibility.
Andreaa, I've noticed that too. With some, I think they either don't understand the true depth of the title, or they think it makes them sound 'cool'. With some it is simple...let's call it naiveté. And others are completely misguided (ideas formed from "Buffy", "Supernatural" and Stephen King, I guess). And then there are the outright fabricators of tales that for some odd reason think such a claim somehow validates what they say. But... Somewhere in there, some do have abilities. And a site like this, is going to attract them all. Best we can do is evaluate each one on their own merit as they come. And do a whole lot of head shaking. We probably look like a bunch of bobble heads. 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
It gets pretty deep around here every summer and October. 505050
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
Does this happen a lot in the summer then? Being new, I really didn't expect so much.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
What amuses me the most is the amount of young people coming to this sight claiming to be 'witches', 'mediums', 'seers' that its getting too hard to believe. To believe it there must be a plague of psychics over running the world, geez I may be able to get my palm read, all I gotta do is stop by the local high school!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
Val, it may be because we took so long to get some of these stories up. 😳
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
Elfstone, I just saw your comment. Ummmm... Could be
😆. Question: Has anyone else noticed the surge of reports by teenagers/young adults where they simply don't seem to be participating in the comments, even though they marked they would? It seems to be quite the trend. Yes, I know summer in the US out playing, etc. But I'm talking about ones that have been up for weeks or even months now. Weird.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
Sings with spirits, that's...imaginative. Erm well, I can see how an only child with an older sister, and a frizby ssized spider, would sit down to have a techno-rave with spirits.
GhostLvr (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
Like many others I am confused by you saying,"I'm an only child, the light was on in the hall and Mom was right downstairs."
But then later saying,"A year later, I was 8 or 9 and my older sister had just died of a heart attack. I was okay with it, but I did miss her."
Did you mean that your older sister wasn't living with you like she was in college or was she on a trip or something? Anyways a very intriguing and fascinating story and I'm sorry about your sister.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
Val, maybe she's a size 12 bartender. 😆 😆 😆

I agree with lady-glow. Read a book.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
I agree with the previous comments and your mother was lucky to have a ghost that washed dishes by hand. If only she or he could vacuum and dust would have been great.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
See my comment on the story "The Spirit Girl In The Tree." It explains how certain people can see entities/spirits/etc and provides a defense against evil entities as well.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
PrincessWillow:
I think your problem has nothing to do with being a "medium" even a not too powerful one, your problem is having too much free time and too little things to do during the summer break.
My advice? - Read a good book and forget about spirits singing lullabies for you to go to sleep.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
Very confusing. You were an only child, whose older sister died a year after you had an experience? I agree with Miracles, something is definitely missing from that equation.
You say you are a medium who works with spirits. Could you elaborate on that? I'm finding more and more folks mean different things by that statement.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
PrincessWillow - your storyline confuses me. First you said, "I was just laying there and suddenly saw a little girl go past my door and into the bathroom. I freaked out. I'm an only child, the light was on in the hall and Mom was right downstairs."

Then you go on to say this: "A year later, I was 8 or 9 and my older sister had just died of a heart attack. I was okay with it, but I did miss her." So a year earlier you had a sister, which means you weren't an only child. You had an older sister. 😕 🤔 Am I missing something?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
Princess:
I'm sorry for the loss of your sister.
Your story is rather puzzling. Did you see the "fairy" and the little girl just once?
When did you begin having the need of the spirits' presence in order to sleep? Was their absence the reason why it was so difficult for you to go to bed when you were little?
About the huge spider, I do not know, it sounds way too far fetched for me to believe.
I hope I do not dream about your story tonight... Enjoy your ghosts' company!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: