You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Death Means Nothing At All... It Does Not Count

Real Ghost Stories

Death Means Nothing At All... It Does Not Count

 

I should start off by giving you some background information before I start my story. I'm a widowed, single mother to one beautiful, intelligent and talkative two year old daughter. Her father, my fiancé passed away unexpectedly in a tragic hit and run shortly after we received the exciting news that we were finally going to be parents.

Our beautiful daughter was born 6 months after my fiancé's passing. She was a normal, bright eyed, happy baby. Her father was a cute Italian boy from Brooklyn, New York. Since I'm from the Adirondack area of upstate New York, I regretted that our daughter would not be exposed to her father's heritage and family traditions. He was very proud of who he was and where he came from. One of the things that I did was put up a full sized poster of the Brooklyn Bridge at night with the Manhattan skyline on the ceiling above my bed. My daughter has always slept in my bed with me.

When she was six months old, like most babies, her first word was "da-da." But the first time she said it, she was lying on my chest looking up at the poster of the Brooklyn Bridge. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I was not like "Whoa! Her dad is here." Nothing. I just didn't give it a second thought since da-da is such a common sound for a baby her age to make. She also used to wave to the blank wall over my shoulder and giggle and coo at apparently nothing. Again, these things were never given a second thought. I just thought she was a happy baby.

The very first time I became aware that she was unique was when she was eight months old. From birth, she had a favorite blanket. It is a mint green baby blanket with satin binding on the edge and a Winnie the Pooh appliqué sewn onto it. She would not go anywhere without her blanket. One day, my mom was holding her and I went to take her and my mother said to me, "Don't forget her Gee Gee." She then handed me the green blanket. I was stunned. I asked my mother where in the world she heard the term Gee Gee. She said that she had never heard it before, but it was so cute that the baby started calling her blanket her Gee Gee. I couldn't believe it. I asked my mother if she knew what my baby's father named his blanket when he was a little boy. She had no clue. He affectionately called his security blanket his "Gee Gee." He was so attached to it, and his mother still has it. His mother now lives in Florida and at that time, had not even seen the baby yet. She does not talk to my mother. There is no way that my mother would have known about my fiancé's Gee Gee.

That is not all. The older my daughter gets and the better that she learns to talk, she reveals many other things about her father that I never told her, or anyone. She even tells me things that I never personally knew about him and then when I call up his mother and ask her... My daughter is always right.

She has full conversations with her daddy and is very much daddy's girl. When we're in bed, she waves goodnight and blows a kiss towards the poster of the Brooklyn Bridge. I have walked in on her bent over, giggling hysterically and when I ask her what in the world is she laughing at, she replies "Daddy's funny! Him so silly mommy!" She even tries to pull the -daddy says yes- card when I tell her that she can't watch TV or go outside. She even oddly pronounces some words with a slight Brooklyn accent. She honestly also uses the phrase "Fuhgeddaboutit" quite frequently. The first time was when she asked for chocolate milk and I told her to be patient and wait until mommy wasn't busy. Several minutes passed and when I told her that I was ready to get her chocolate milk now, she crinkled up her nose and with a definite attitude (just like her dad) said to me, "Fuhgeddaboutit!" Her dad was famous for his dead on Robert DiNero, Joe Pesci, and Tony Soprano impressions. He talked like that anyhow.

I know that many skeptics will be saying "Awe, the poor girl is delusional and is brain washing her daughter because she's still grieving." But I know, and people who spend enough time around us know that my fiancé is very much in our daughter's life. I have many other stories, but very little room here so I will have to share them another time. Thanks for reading and I will post more stories of my daughter and her other "friends" really soon.

Other hauntings by hippiechick83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hippiechick83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lukav (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
What an incredibly heart-warming story. Thank you for sharing. Your daughter sounds like the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to be a father, and I hope my first child is a daughter. From studying psychology, the mother-son and father-daughter relationships are usually the strongest, provided it's a healthy home with loving parents. Not trying to take away from the mother-daughter relationship dynamic, as that can obviously be just as rich and rewarding. Anyway, sounds like you have an amazing little girl. I think you are so incredibly lucky and wish you both the best!
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
PrettyInPain: Thanks so much for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it. And also thank so much for the kind words. I'm looking forward to more of your stories as well. 😊

Peace and Love

Hippiechick
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
I am deeply sorry for the loss of your fiance. Through such a devastating loss in your new chapter in life, it brings me joy and hope to hear about these wonderful glimpses of him through your daughter. Love is a powerful thing that truly never ends. I hope your years to come are full of much happiness, health, and good fortune.

Warmest Wishes,

PrettyInPain
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Thanks for the heads-up on your next story. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it this time. 😉 😊
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Thank you metalmomma ❤

Cosmogal, I'm usually pretty quiet around here. Hehe I am working on another story to post ASAP. Thanks for reading 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
hippiechick, I can't believe this story has been up this long without me seeing it. How could I miss such a beautiful touching story? (slaps self in head...Doh)
I have no doubt that your daughter is interacting with her father. From such a young age she knew and said things of a such a personal nature that she could not have gotten anywhere else.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and when you said that your daughter told you to "Fuhgeddaboutit!" I couldn't help but giggle. It must have been so cute. LOL! This is going in my fav's 😊 ❤
metalmomma3 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
So sorry for your loss... I also believe that death is only another doorway to something extremely special...*HUGS*
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
geetha50: Thanks for the kind words. They really are appreciated. I do believe that my Chris will always be around, not so much for me anymore... But mostly for our daughter. Novalee is getting older now and she calls him her "white daddy", as I had mentioned in another comment. I am way overdue for posting another story but Novalee has been a busy, busy preschooler with her spirits. So hopefully I will get one posted soon. Thanks again for reading and commenting and for being so kind. 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
First of all, I sorry for the loss of your fiance. It is never easy to lose someone you love but even harder when you have another life inside of you. Love is boundless, as the love for your fiance is kept alive by you and your daughter, he will be always around until you and your daughter could join him.

Like one of the other posters mentioned, ignorance is bliss for many people, especially for people who are so close minded like on the other site you went to. Personally, I think they are the ones to be committed. Even though I don't know you personally, I think you are great mother like miracles, zzsgranny, her daughter, and any other mother who keeps an open mind about the talents of their children. So, keep up the good work on raising your daughter and good work on keeping the memorial website of your fiance alive.

Zzsgranny,
I may be losing it but didn't you post a picture of yourself on one of your stories? Are you the one with glasses and sticking your hand to the side? Anyways, I'm not trying to hit on you but I just wanted to tell you that you looked young and pretty on that picture, so I don't know what you are talking about being old!
mara77aus (1 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
I just signed up to this site so I could post a comment. This story really touches me because my son was 7 months old when his dad died. I also believe he see's his dad. I have our wedding photos up around the house and other photos of his dad and I swear from when my son was 9 or 10 months old he kept pointing at the pictures and saying dada and blowing kisses to him. I never taught him to do this. When we would lay in bed at night he would start blowing kisses around, he would look up to the ceiling and start kissing and saying dada. If I would say to him after say goodnight to daddy he would look around everywhere and start blowing him kisses. He has picked up all his dads mannerisms, my husband would always sit with his hands behind his head, my son does the exact same. He would walk with his hands behind his back and whistle (I used to tease him and say he was an old man!) and my son does the same. It's like his dad is around him all the time.
It is really comforting in a way and I wish you and your daughter all the best
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
What a very touching story. Be very proud to know that her daddy loves her and doesn't even let death stop him from being a good father. Don't worry about what people say. People are idiots. You know what's true in your heart and so does your little girl. This is your way to be a whole family, embrace it.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
GML: My typing is horrible today. I meant to say thanks for the kind words... 😆
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Thanks again to everyone who has read and/or commented.

Colls: Thank you so much. I guess that the reason that I was a bit worried about negative feedback is awhile back, I posted a question on a general questions website. Basically just asking for advice from any parents who have dealt with a child that talks to spirits. I got many comments, but not one single positive one. One commenter even told me that people like me should never be allowed around children and I should report myself for my daughter's sake. Anyway, that is why I was a bit hesitant to post on here. I'm glad that everyone has been so sweet and understanding.

Aussie: Thank you. Yes, I have read some of granny's stories and read monkeylemur's. I did find many similarities and was very touched by their stories. ❤ I got the title for my story from my fiance, Chris' prayer cards from his memorial service. It's an Irish funeral poem and it has brought me a lot of comfort. By the way, I am on facebook for anyone that wants to hit me up on there. My email is in my profile I believe and my url for fb is /JsyfldRednekGurl

Amit: Thanks so much. Take Care. 😊

GML: Who doesn't get bored at work? Haha Thank you very much for the kid words. Give your kid (s) lots and lots of hugs.

Also, I do have a memorial website for my Chris. So if anyone wishes to pay their respects and light a candle, I would be honored. The addy is

http://christopher-tupper.last-memories.com

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE! ❤
GML9 (2 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Hi, 10 minutes ago I was bored in work searching the net to waste a bit of time (not that my boss would be happy) anyway I came across your story and was deeply touched especially being a daddy myself. So I just wanted to say how beautifull and touching your story was and that how amazing it is that death could not keep away your daughter's daddy's love and presence. I have read countless of story's but never has one left me feeling like this this. So I would like to thank you and your daughter for this beautifull story and giving me the honor and pleausure of reading it. Good luck xx ❤
amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Its a fantastic story Hippiechick, very moving indeed! My fondest love and blessings to your daughter. Stay well.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
hippychick, What a beautiful story, all the way through I was thinking about my young mate ZZSgranny AND monkeylemur... There are so many similarities between you guys... It must bring back memories hey granny!... LOL... Hippychick welcome to the site and your a loony in the making if my senses are right... WHATS THAT MEAN!...you ask... Well those of us who have cracked are over at facebook taking meds and spiining yarns... I am sure soon you invite will come... In regards to your story, no doubt that your daughter talks to her dad and I have a feeling you too have had some visits via dreams or other means recently... I am sure he would be delighted that he came through in a way that comforts you and your daughter... I understand what you mean in your title for this story and thank you for sharing it with us...

Aussiedaz 😁 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
hippiechick, I also try to live by that same rule. But sometimes I get so ticked off at some of the almost pointed and deliberate attacks of the comments that I open my mouth and my comment gets deleted 😆. But the original comment gets deleted also, so it ends up being okay. I get to blow off some steam and the rude comment gets taken care of!
colls2211 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
You no better than anyone your daughter is telling the truth. It doesn't matter what other sceptics say, I no by my own experiences with my 3 children and myself there is an afterlife. Its a lovely story, like myself I have many more experiences to share as it would take me hours to write it. Its a lovely story thank you for sharing it.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Miracles: Wow, you're right... Some of those comments were pretty terrible. What can I say other than ignorance is bliss? I never thought about a tie between autism and spirit sensitivity. That is very interesting.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Thanks Miracles, I didn't plan on being involved with the discussion. I was just curious about the link to autism. I'm one of those people who try to live by the -if you don't have anything nice to say then keep it to yourself- rule. I shall iggy all ugly remarks. 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hippiechick, the name of the story is "Tall Shadow That Still Scares My Memory." But I warn you, some of the comments really suck and are pretty (insert your own choice words here).
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Lou: No, I would like to thank YOU very much! I appreciate the kind words. I'm glad that I have found this site and can share some of my experiences without people wanting to have me committed. 😆 hahaha

Miracles: Well, glad that I could help. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing... But do you know the name of the story? I would love to read it. I'm just curious about the autism thing.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
I caught that one too, Miracles! Great minds think alike!;)

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
LouSlips and Granny - notice the reference to autism? Hippiechick, there's another story on here where autism became a very heated topic. Lou spoke up 😊 and you just added another point in favor, unknowingly.

Thank you!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hippychick,
As I expected. Thank you for addressing my concerns and confirming my suspicion that your daughter is a very lucky little girl. I am always amazed when someone who has been through so much can keep it together as you have, and will.
FYI...he's proud of his little girl's mother, too.

Lou
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Wow! I'm so excited about the positive feedback. Thanks again.

Roseinbloom: Ah you have no idea how much he wanted to be a father. We both were beyond excited to finally be getting the baby that we both wanted. I think that my daughter may have a gift. She sees other spirits also, some related to us and some that I have no clue. One is a little boy named Benjamin. Time will tell if she keeps the gift.

Miracles: Thanks so much. I have read monkeylemur's and granny's stories. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone.

Darkness: Yes, I feel his presence on a regular basis and have also seen him twice and he comes to me in dreams regularly. I will elaborate these experiences in a future story.

Lou: Yes, I am still in the Adirondacks and we live in a huge logging area. I lost my brother to a logging accident 5 years ago and he visits my daughter as well.

I totally understand what you are saying. I try to not ask my daughter about her father, I let her volunteer the information. I never told her ever that she does or does not have a father. I figured that discussion would come later in her life when she started asking questions about daddies and where hers is. Since she could talk, she's been talking about her daddy.

I have two fears about my daughter's gift, and you discussed both of them. I am concerned about her losing her gift so I make sure there is nothing negative or wrong or weird about her seeing spirits. She sees many. I don't know if this is a gift that she will keep, she may outgrow it, and that is ok. I had a dream (my dreams are always correct) that she was about 6 years old and was giving a stranger at the mall a reading about their loved one who had passed away. She may keep her gift and use it to help others.

The other fear I have for her is that I may put pressure on her because I miss her dad so much. I do think about that which is why I am very careful as to not hound her or ask her questions about her dad. Anything she has told me has been on a volunteer basis. Just last night we were sitting on the couch and she said "Daddy was so proud of me for using the potty!" and to that I replied that I was proud of her too. It wasn't a big discussion, it wasn't "Well, what else did daddy say?" I try to neither encourage nor discourage her. I act like it's normal for her to be seeing what other people can't see. Because to her, it is very normal.

I feel like little ones tend to lose their gifts from adults discourageing them. This happened to my niece, my sister just doesn't believe in spirits and scolded her constantly for playing with her "imaginary friends." My sister thinks that I'm nuts and should explain to my daughter that her father is dead and she can not see him.

I do appreciate your concern because these are things that I have mulled over for awhile now. It is what it is I guess.

Isabella: He has also revealed himself to my autistic nephew who I believe may also have that special gift. He described the accident scene to a T and I didn't even have that information for months until I was brave enough to request the police reports. I tell my nephew that he has super autistic powers because he predicts things constantly and has much insight on situations that he was never told. At the time my nephew described the accident, the only thing he knew was that his uncle had passed away. He didn't even know how or why. The gift seems to run in my family.

Thanks again to everyone and I will try my best to answer any questions and/or comments that may come in the future. Peace and Love ❤
isabella8 (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
thats kind of cool too me... But I wonder why it is only your daughter whom he reveals himself to... Anyway take care and take care of your daughter... ❤ 😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hippychick,
Are you still in the Adirondacks?... Those old logging towns have some serious spirit activity.
Not looking to make this emotional for you, but have you thought about whether your daughter's ability will fade with age? You sound level-headed and I am sure you are a great mom; but it concerns me if your only connection to him is through her. Do you ever sense him or communicate with him? I know she is too young to discuss this but when you feel she is ready you may want to broach a subject that happened in my friend's family.
I have a friend whose son was highly sensitive as a young child. The boy was able to communicate with my friend's father who was deceased. As the boy got older and his reports of contact diminished, my friend was constantly asking him whether he had talked to grandpa that day. She noticed her son began acting depressed. When she asked him what was wrong she realized she had unintentionally been putting pressure on her son because of her love for her father and her need to hear from him. The boy eventually started feeling like he had let his mother down because his ability had decreased or his grandfather had moved on. She quickly explained to him it was not his responsibility to communicate with his grandfather, and the boys feelings quickly dissipated.
This is not intended to be a lecture and I hope you will not take it as one.
I will not pretend to know you; I am not, and would never accuse you of doing this to your daughter; but grief and loneliness can sometimes make us blind to what our actions and emotions can sometimes cause.
As other posters have stated, your story is heart-warming and the bond between your daughter and fiance is beautiful and special... From what you have stated, they will likely share it for eternity; but since none of us have actually lived in the spirit world, we cannot predict contact or how long it will last...please, make sure you prepare yourself and your daughter for the fact that this may be a temporary situation; and to cherish the time she has with him until you all meet again.

Bless you and your child,
Lou
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
hippiechick83: What a cute story I gather this must make you feel truly wonderful when you verify something your daughter has mentioned about her father to be true. It just goes to show exactly what Miracles mentioned, that his love for you and your daughter is limitless and knows no bounds. Have you yourself felt your fiances presence at all? That would be the icing on the cake. All the best to you and your Daughter.😊

Thank you for sharing

Dan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
hippiechick: what a truly wonderful story. This is another one of those "feel good" stories, like monkeylemur's (and granny's). I think it's amazing when the daddy (or mommy) can still be part of their children's lives. The love that shows is limitless.

Ignore the horrible comments you are bound to get here. Just hold onto the blessings that you and your daughter have. ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: