You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Shadow Floated Across My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadow Floated Across My Room

 

I never use to believe in ghosts or the supernatural but something happened late in 2011 which I've always wondered about and that which changed my perspective completely.

It was during the day about mid-afternoon and it was sunny outside. I was working from my desk and all of a sudden a very dominant black shadow appeared to come through the right wall and float across the room about 3 meters in front from me. It slowly moved about halfway across the room which would have taken about 4 seconds (it is a rather big room) and then disappeared. I don't remember if it just suddenly disappeared or slowly vanished, but I think I remember it almost dispersed like it was smoke.

It was slightly transparent (I could see through it marginally) and it was almost shaped like a cloak but in a horizontal position. Reasoning with all avenues, I don't see how it could have been a shadow from something and it went for too long to possibly be a flicker of my eye. It was a very dominant figure.

I had always imagined if I saw something like that, it would scare the absolutely crap out of me, but after the initial feeling of shock, surprisingly it left me with a very good and calm feeling.

Reason I'm bringing it up now is I forgot mostly about it until I was taking to a friend who thought he had once seen something similar. Although not experiencing a calming sensation, he felt like it was something evil.

Does anyone know what this could have been or might have represented? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anon_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-15)
You know your stress levil is way too high when a person has to come from the other side, heave themselves into a visual, manifest enough energy to turn your tellevision on, in order to help you deal. I agree with everyone els, gotta be a relative. But sometimes a total stranger ghost decides to have your back, that happened to my son. You can tell them thankyou. It's just a nice gesture. Burning tobacco, I think, and just say thanks.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Dear Anon,
Please read my comment on the story "Ghostly Summer Townhouse." It explains everything that you would need to know about these types of spirits. God bless you all.
Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
BadJuuJuu: I agree with you that color is not an indicator of good or evil. My first paranormal encounter was with a large, black shadow. It was a very negative entity, but there were things besides color that let me know that. I don't think color tells us anything.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Talon, I have a couple theories on why that may be.
Theory 1, shadow people are just ghosts who can't properly manifest. Like any other ghost, they have the same personalities they did in life. Some are nice, some aren't, so different shadow people will feel different.
Theory 2, I think people experience what they expect to experience. How many times have we all been told black entities are evil and white entities are, like, totally angels and stuff! I think, consciously or not, that concept influences how people perceive an entity. I really think that most of these "evil" shadow people aren't evil, just improperly perceived due to that silly black = evil concept. I think you probably took your shadow person encounter in stride, and analyzed it is as you saw it instead of letting the dark color throw you off. I genuinely think if folks could get over the stigma of color, more shadow encounters would be like yours. Not saying all, some entities are truly nasty, but in my opinion I really think the color stigma has a lot to do with how people respond to entities.
Anyhoo, just a couple of crackpot theories. ❤
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
I'm not sure if a shadow is the same as a shadow person, but my experience was positive as well. I've heard so many accounts where the person experiencing a shadow or shadow person sighting felt fear or malice coming from them. But I only felt curiosity emanating from the shadow person I saw. I also felt calm afterwards. I was wondering if someone could explain why my experience was positive while others' are negative?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Anon,
Poltergeist activity is usually very disruptive, your TV experience (to me) seems to be more of a helpful nature. Like a friend saying, "Whoa! You are stressed out! Have you tried doing this?"
I agree with Red Wolf and Marine. The shadow could be a spirit lacking quite enough energy to manifest completely and if it evoked calmness and good feelings in you, nothing to worry about.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
I agree with RedWolf, it very well could have been a family member paying a visit.
The second incident you mentioned, I don't think it was a poltergeist manifestation. I think it was the same presence as the black shadow, trying to communicate with you. It seems that the title of that show was a message you needed to hear that day, and it seems you took it to heart. Wise move. 😊 That feeling of calmness, I think, was that specific presence's way of letting you know who it was.
AH (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
its probably just a spirit which lived in that area once there's nothing to be afraid of
Anon_ (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Bit more, when that TV turned on and I saw what the show was, I checked to make sure for some reason it was not programmed to come on for reason - and It wasn't. I felt an immediate sense of calmness, the exact same of when I saw the shadow. Since that moment, things have been a lot better, I've been less stressful, and I have not had any more experiences.
Anon_ (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Thanks to all the replies. Just to add onto this also. Something else happened a couple months after I saw the shadow which I was hoping to see if anyone thinks would be related. I would have thought it was too coincidental not to be, but it is very different to being a shadow.

I work for myself at home and use to get extremely stressed. My brother had a breakdown from stress/anxiety many years ago and was hospitalized - Mentioning this because it can be a genetic thing. I remember that day I was having one of the worst days of my life and everything seemed to be going wrong. I was in a different room to my work space because my work printer had stopped working and went to use another, that other one then stopped working, and I was at my very peak stress level. I would have said I was 9/10 on the stress level and I felt like I was going to have a breakdown/collapse at any moment. Suddenly the TV in the room turned on by itself and it was the very start of a documentary about stress and how dangerous it is. The show was actually called "Stress: Portrait of a Killer".

Is what I just mentioned then a poltergeist experience?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Anon
That was quite an experience. I'm glad it didn't frighten you. Since after it dispersed it left you with a good and calm feeling, just guessing here. It could have been a relative that wanted to either just come to see you or remind you of a significant day that fell on that date.
Remember there are a lot of ghosts who are not able to manifest all the way and are just shadows/shadow people.
I wish you all the best.
Regards
Red
Marine (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Anon - Interesting experience. I have seen quite a number of shadows, most are fleeting and from the periphery while a few are full bodied apparition that seem to want to get noticed. In most of these cases I felt dread. I'm no expert in the paranormal but if it left you with a good feelng I think it is something you shouldn't worry about. As to what it represents, I'll leave it to the experts here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: