You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shade Or Shadow Imitates Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

Shade Or Shadow Imitates Grandfather

 

First, I'd like to say that I am posting this more out of curiosity from what my friend has told me or experienced. Judging by the way he has told me, it spooked him rather badly. So yes, this has nothing to do with me, and I'm going off of memory of what he has explained to me during our deployment.

I'll refer to my friend as Troy from here on. The story goes that when Troy was younger, 12 to be exact, that he and his family would experience weird events around the household such as banging against the wall, kitchenware being tossed, doors opening on their own, but it wasn't exactly a common occurrence.

Well it goes on for a year or two until Troy's grandfather dies. About a week after his death, when he is just about to lay in bed that night, his bathroom door opens. Troy isn't exactly scared of those random occurrences, but what he talked about after that door opening still frightens him to this day apparently. Out walks his grandfather, or at least his appearance, he moved slowly towards Troy's bed, standing more to his side, staring at a wall. Troy says he couldn't muster any words for what he thought was an eternity, but he simply asks "Grandpa?" The shade, or ghost, slowly turned his head and locked eyes with Troy before simply fading away.

What Troy has described it to me was that even though he looked like his Grandfather, nothing was right about it, the air got extremely cold, and he said he felt more of a...I guess a sinister or malicious presence, almost as if there was a certain aura about the shade. Shortly after fading, he simply prayed to God, held onto a bible until he passed out.

Troy has a lot of stories I guess relating to shades, mostly just the typical "outside your window, watching" feeling, but that one story stuck out the most and it actually leaves me with somewhat of a chill thinking I might run into that someday. He says he still sees one or two on occasion but its very rare.

Now that the stories out of the way, just a little about me and Troy. We're both military, did two tours together, and he's really never talked about stories like those until recently, and I was just curious what kind of... Entity would impersonate a relative? What would it hope to gain out of it? Just want some feedback on what you guys believe. Maybe he's just crazy, I have no idea.

Last, I'm sorry if this is lacking detail or if my grammar is poor, I'm doing this on my phone and proofreading this is bit of a challenge.

Thanks, Sam.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DirtyDishSoap, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Waterhammer (12 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
Awful bad stuff mimicks... If you run into this kind of garbage, get a priest to bless the house in this circumstance and if none will agree to help you, attain holy water and disperse it along the perimeter of the dwelling. Save more for any further intrusions, keep near you're sleeping quarters.
therenaissanceman (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
btw, this s.h.i.t them evil spirits do to us, this is spiritual warfare, as a political representation of their rebellion against heaven. Its a high-level kind of war, but the principles of sun-tzu's "art of war" still very much applies. I think you will relate to this, you're a soldier.
therenaissanceman (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
hi dirtydishsoap.

I suppose there just are malicious souls out there who just love to bring as much harm to the world as they can, before it ends. Just as there are bad people living, when they die they don't automatically become good people.

These evil souls don't seek to gain anything. They want only to maximize misery where they can, because they have already lost everything (they already know they're going to hell). They don't want profit, they want you to lose as well alongside them.

In a way it is very likely they envy you, you still have a chance at going to heaven.

Hope this answers what has been bothering you. The event didn't happen to you, yet it motivated you enough to write something about it. One and one is two.
vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
well I do know that sometimes spirits take on the forms of loved ones to make us more confertable with them being around. And I know that sometimes their not spirits but demons testing to see if "Troy" was an open portal for them to traverse thru. I wish I heard more to know if I am even close to helping but if you speak to "Troy" again I would tell him to NOT trust that its grandpa... Hope I helped
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
[at] valikcry, your so very welcome. I see it this way, any new experuence or old, no matter where the info came from, just as long as its true, is definitely worth listening to. And hey its more information into figuring things out. I've heard the same thing over and over as well, no one can figure out where these shadow beings come from, just that there are so many types. Hope you can find more about them to.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Thanks for answering me, Spirit.😊 I can respect what you say as much of my information is the same, gathered not from a source but over the years, so who can say exactly where it came from? I just found that they could mimic humans very interesting as I hadn't heard that before and was hoping for a short cut. 😆
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Valikcry, I have watched many different shows and read many bookson hauntings. Also experiences through family members. From what I've heard and learned there are many different kinds of shadow beings. Some being malevolent. Its really just years of research on my part.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Sam,
Doppelgängers come to mind, but they tend to imitate the living. My best guess would be a Spirit Mimic. They assimilate a solid form, sometimes mimicking known living people, some just assimilating people. They often mimic human form and voices, but usually speak in outdated lingo and have strange mannerisms. They just seem off.
There are theories on what they hope to gain, like Red says, trust tops the list. It's like donning a disguise and they think they can interact with the living easier. The best way I can think to describe it would be spiritual con-men. A way to trick you into doing something for them. Another theory I've heard kicked around is they really just want to blend in and interact without scaring the beezebus out of us. Put simply, I don't think anyone really knows the why except for the mimic itself.


Red and Spirit,
Where did you learn that shadow people can manifest in solid form? I thought they were just shadows, hence the name? If you can post me a link or something to this, I'd appreciate it. Always up for some new knowledge! 😊
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Hello dirtydishsoap,
Like the nickname by the way.
I can offer my opinion:
Fear is a natural/human reaction to the unknown/supernatural, causing our minds to try and make sense of what we see. We may perceive something as evil or malicious when it isn't. Even though we are more than flesh and bone what we encounter is pure spirit/consciousness without flesh. We want to rationalize what we see.
Your friend sounds like his third eye is open to seeing spirits. Depending on how you look at it, it can be a curse or a blessing. Most of us are born being able to see spirits but through conditioning we close ourselves off to it. Some of us have had a near death experience and it opens the third eye.
I hope your friend will learn to harness his gift and not get spooked.

Blessed Be
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
DirtyDishSoap
I agree with spiritwaiting. This entity took the form of Troys grandfather, I don't know why but you didn't say if it ever came back.
Some negative spirits take on the form of someone you are close to that have passed away just to get you to trust them. I have had this experience once or twice but there was something ''off'' about the spirit and told the spirit to leave my house then said the Lords Prayer and a prayer off protection to make sure it left. I can tell when my father in-law is around because he plays pranks on me as he did in life. I tell you this just in case you still speak to Troy you can tell him that if a shadow being comes to him again but it seems ''off'' he can demand that it leave his house. I suggest that he be adamant about it and any others he can't see clearly leaving and to say a prayer from his religion.
Regards
Redwolf
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
dirtydishsoap, shadow beings tend to imitate those closest to you, if they have an agenda. Whether it being to frighten you,etc.It could also be your friend Troy may have just seen his grandfather finding a way through his usual routine. But my best guess is a shadow being. I can guarantee there will be a few more comments on here that could help you even more. I almost forgot to ask, What other shadow experiences has your friend told you about? Its important because they can be dangerous, also your friend may attract them in some way.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: