You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Widow

Real Ghost Stories

The Widow

 

A couple of years ago when I first moved out of my mother's house, I was moving my things to my apartment slowly, like a couple of things a day until I had moved all the big stuff like bed, study, couch and I was left with the little things like books etc. I decided to get a couple of days off to take the rest of my stuff so one morning, as I was packing the last of my things, I decided to take a break and smoke one last cigarette on my parents' porch. I sat on the chair with my legs between my arms and I was smoking and watching the street.

As I was about to put off my cigarette, I saw our neighbour, an old lady who always wore black (tradition in Cyprus after someone's husband dies) coming from her back yard towards the front door, I tried to wave at her because I hadn't seen her in a long time but she never turned her head up to see me, so I thought, oh well, I'll say hello another time and I went inside to carry on with my business.

That afternoon, my mother and I were having our usual coffee and I told her that I'd seen our neighbour earlier that day, she asked me which neighbour I was talking about, and I explain that it was the one who lives across the street from us, that widow! She started looking at me in a weird way, so I said "what"? She asks me if I was sure and I said "yeah 100% why?"

She told me that she had died weeks ago! So it couldn't be that I saw her... I swore to her and I asked her why she hadn't told me that the neighbour had died when she died, she said that she thought she had told me... And we weren't that close with her so maybe it slipped her mind. The good thing is that she believed me, but that was the only time I saw her.

Thanks for reading

Other hauntings by Melissa

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melissa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
maybe she was more fond of you then you had thought. She was seen by you after passing. I agree with the fact that she probably has some unfinished business and her home is part of that, watching over it the only way she can.

God Bless!
Melissa (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
Yeah, that lady's son in law told my mum. She seemed normal to me, but when I think back the only abnormal thing about her was she was acting as if she couldn't communicate with her surroundings, like when I waved hello, she didn't see me. We may not have been close but we did say hello to eachother:)and that was the last time I saw her, hopefully she's crossed over right? Your name's melissa too? :))) cool!
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
wow melissa!
My name is also melissa. That's a pretty cool story! Not unheard of, but short, good and to the point! Is your mother definatley sure that the lady died? I mean you did mention that you weren't that close to her. Did your mother hear it from a reliable source, or see the obituary or something like that? Just curious. Boy that would have really freaked me out! Did the lady appear "normal" or glowing or transluscent or anything like that? Well, thanks for sharing your story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
Thanks for sharing your story with us. Maybe she is still around her place watching over it. That or maybe she hasn't realized she has past on and is still carrying out her daily chores.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: