You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Playful Ghosts Making Me Laugh

Real Ghost Stories

Playful Ghosts Making Me Laugh

 

When I was about 12-13 years old, my family and I moved to a nice apartment. It was summer time when we moved and we had no air conditioning so me, my brother and my father would sleep in the living room, on the floor in front of the balcony door because it was so much cooler there. It must have been around 1am when I woke up to the sound of pans and pots being smashed and hit, at first I thought it might have been my mother doing an after midnight wash up, she does that kind of stuff, she has a thing for cleanliness and tidiness, if she goes to bed without doing the dishes she'll feel guilty!

I got up and stood in front of the kitchen door and although the kitchen light was off, I lived on a main street so the lights from the road made the kitchen bright! My mother wasn't there, I turned on the light and I saw a pan shaking and moving on our stove, it kept rattling and making a terrible noise so I went over there and grabbed it, and that's when I thought I heard laughter and without realizing I started smiling and laughing! I don't know why, I mean that is NOT a normal reaction, I turned off the lights and went back to sleep, meanwhile my brother and father had not heard a thing.

After just a few moments the rattling started again, I followed the same procedure, only this time, when I grabbed the pan, the tap was turned on by itself and the water was running! I let go of the pan and run straight to the tap, things calmed and I went back to sleep, and then I hear the tap again, and laughter! I went to the kitchen and felt a presence there, but a very very happy one, so happy that I couldn't stop smiling, I think that night I fell asleep with a smile, but I still can't explain why!

I experienced a lot of things in that house, but that was the best! The rest were quite scary and freaky. I'll write about them soon.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Melissa

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melissa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
How refreshing to find a story like this.
This story seems to reveal another side to spirits. It shows for sure that there are differing personalities among them. 😁
MissCookie (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-13)
This story made me smile, thanks for sharing! It is nice to see a spirit be happy and cheerful! 😁
Melissa (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-15)
Thanks everyone :)) at the time when we were living there the landlord was also my mum's boss, and he died so maybe it was him, because he liked my mum they always got along well, maybe he was saying byebye take care of my house?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
That was a wonderful story. It is nice to hear of laughing once in a while.
thank you for sharing with us!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
Hi Melissa! Nice story. I heard of ghost's that do no harm and some that don't even scare you. But a ghost that makes you laugh is the first. I never knew that a ghost can actually have so much influence on your feelings. I liked your story. I wish there were more ghost like that in this world. I hope to here from you soon. Take care 😁
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-13)
Cool story, Melissa! Your experience is one of a very small number of incidents with happy ghosts. You should do some research on the apartment and find out who this very, very happy spirit is. If you do, don't forget to let us know!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: