You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Ghost Attack in Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Attack in Dream

 

I had a dream last night where I was back in my childhood room and asleep. I was attacked by an invisible force. At first it was gentle - slowly pushing and pulling at my arms. Then it got more violent and pushed me around the room and held me down - pushed me up against the wall and twisted me around the room. I was tangled up in the blankets from the bed as well, but it didn't matter to this entity. It wasn't just holding on to my arms as I could feel pressure all over my whole body at different times.

This went on for a little while and then I was able to find my voice and call for my dad - screaming in between shouts for him. My dad never did come to my rescue in the dream as I woke up before he could. To top it all off, the whole time I KNEW I was dreaming. This all felt like it was happening to me in real life, even though I was in my own bed and not moving. I finally woke up enough to come out of the dream and then shortly after that I thought I felt something grab my ankle while I was awake. I was terrified.

This has happened to me before, but not in the same context as this dream I just had - it's always different. Can anyone shed light on this. It's very scary. I was still scared after I got up, but my wonderful cat hung out with me until I felt better.

I often get feelings that something or someone is watching me. It's been that way for years. I don't know if it's my overactive imagination or not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, M Pirri, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

DeathxByxEyelinr (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
first things first DONT show fear towards it they feed off of it and know they can scare you. Show it that your not scared and when it shows itself in any way, growl. The ones that haunt me don't stick around when they realize I don't care that they're there.
Driftwood (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-08)
I'm glad to know that others are having these because they don't fit the pattern of normal dream material and make no sense in terms of what is going on in my life. My dreams always take place in my current home. When I awaken, I always feel like the entity was actually there moments before.
artfighter (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-15)
i would clearly suggest that you walk around counter clockwise around your bed before falling a sleep I had to do that only once before and it helped if you want give it a try to see if that will help you out some.
Josh (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
Sounds almost like what I go through! When I lived with my parents I had the worst sleeps. It felt like there was a ring of people standing around my bed! I constantly had nightmares of what I thought was the devil/demons trying to rip my body apart and would wake up sweating. During those dreams I would hear such menacing laughing and when I would wake up, it would continue for a few more seconds. I would love to tell more about my experiences, but the site seems to be down everytime I'm on! Lol
EricaAshley (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
If it is indeed an evil enitity the only thing my research has proven to work everytime is faith in god, and saying in the name of jesus christ, leave now. Faith is the only thing that has ever helped me also. Email me at pixiesweet89 [at] aim.com if you need anything, or have any more questions. Good luck. And don't be afraid, they feed off of that, tell them they are NOTHING, and not real.
Silverwing (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Thers old creature in legends for nightmares/hags, called Baku (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baku_(spirit) ).

If it happens again, just say, "Baku, eat My dream" and It will come to help You. Still haven't tried it by myself as I can deal nightmares by myself for some time now, have LOTS of experience with those nightmare thing's...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
I think sleep paralysis too. The ankle pulling feeling may just have been an after effect of the experience. I believe the feeling of being watched is just a helpful spirit watching over you, with no malicious intent at all. Perhaps a family member? Thank you
Lasieus (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
i've had that experience before. Except that... The entity in my experience did not touch me at all. But it was so real. I never did remember any dreams of mine, clearly from the beginning to the end. But for that experience, I could remember every single detail. Which made me think it was more than a dream. It was really freaky.

i will write about it one day (soon) when I have the time to do so.
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
After I made the last post a spirit standing beside me cleared his throat to get my attention.
This a guide and a good spirit telling me he is here as my protector and he will continue to try to help me solve my problem with my mean relatives and Stergios in the Spirit World who so far won't listen to any of our suggestions, as to how to solve our family issues.
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
sammyd is right.
I know from experience because I personally have problems with three of my realtives and a man I knew before he died and they have made my life miserable.
Telling them to go away has not worked and telling them I hav a right to make the same mistakes they did when they were here on earth has fallen on deaf ears they are here to make me miserable and prove to me I canno't do anything about it.
In the beginning I was terrified, but now I have taken a look at them and realize they are much like they were on Earth but now they can make themselves invisible and give me a terrible time and I can't lock them out of the house or call the police because the police can't see them and I can't get a restraining order for the same reason and now I am stuck them and so I have told them I will just write about them to tell the world what they are capable of both good and bad.
Spirits fear that their relatives on earth will forget them if they don't make themselves known.
Don't ever do what some do and make fun of the dead or call them worm food or you are in for some rought times.
sammyd (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
Hello, Dear
You have mentioned that this had happen before but, not like that. It sounds to me that you were attacked in your sleep. Sometimes people with that type of haunting they really don't know what’s happening to them so, they shove it as a bad dream when the fact is, they were attacked by spirits, and I hate to break the news to you, but they were most likely the same spirits as before. Take care.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
Maybe you could try different ways to relax before going to bed. That way, some of the tension and stressors of the day may not bother you so that they cause this to happen.

as far as some one watching over you, unless proven other wise, I would assume it is someone who cares for you and wants to see to your safety in their own way.

i hope the dreams ease up a bit. That is so terrifying and as you said the feelings can last and stay with you through the day.

God Bless!
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
I am particularly interested in your story!Yikes!What a frightening thing! I agree strongly with Shane. Or the energy the house is using up may be the cause for the feeling of being watched by someone who's unknown. As for the dream, yes it could be a example of sleep paralysis. Were you stressed or exited that day? Just hope our advice works!
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
It sounds as if you are experiencing the classic example of sleep paralysis. Which can be brought on by a stressful day, excitement, being overly tired, things like that. The feeeling of being watched could be as a result of that or you could have a relative or friend who has past on watching over you. Hope this helps you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: