You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Shadow Man Following And Spinning Around Me

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadow Man Following And Spinning Around Me

 

It was about 2:30am in early April 2012 when my brother, a friend and me decided to go for a night walk because it was a fullish moon and we were still up. We were going to walk to an old limestone quarry that we had been to many times before. The night sky was bright with occasional quick passing light shower and clouds covering the moon from time to time.

As we were walking out the driveway onto the road, I was talking to my brother who (I thought) was in front of me. When he replied I noticed that he was to the side of me and so was the friend next to him. I could still see a black silhouette in front of me but then it was gone. As we made our way up the hill, this shadow was darting between us. I would see it behind either my brother or friend or myself, but it was constantly moving around us and could move at a high speed. As we got halfway up the hill, we started mentioning what we were seeing to each other. That there was a fourth person walking with us.

When we got to the top of the hill we stopped and started saying that we should go back home. The shadowy figure was standing about ten meters behind us on the road in the direction of going home. After a few minutes we decided that it must want us to go to the quarry for some reason as it was blocking our way home down the hill. We continued in the direction of the quarry and the ghost kept darting between us and being 10 meters in front or behind us. As I said before, it could moved really fast. I saw just a black shadowy figure with a small top hat on.

Now here's the bit that I haven't been able to explain and have researched for similar stories. The ghost was spinning around me, but I could no longer see it anymore. My brother and friend would tell me and they weren't lying because they were as freaked out as me. This happened about 10-15 times during this 50 minute walk. I could no longer see the ghost after this point but it remained visible to the other two. It would also be right in front of me as I walked in my face staring at me. Also happened about 15 times. After I got told a few times, I freaked out and walked in the middle close to my brother and friend. But it continued happening to the point that they stopped telling me (they later told me) because I was getting really worried.

We continued on to the quarry. When we were there the ghost was no longer present as before. When we had exited the quarry on the other side things started happening again. The ghost was running right at us down the road. And then the bushes on the side of the road footsteps where heard and bushes were rustling along side us as if someone was walking along side us. It continued darting between us, going ahead on the road and charging toward us and circling and staring me right in the face as mentioned before.

As we continued home (from the other side of the quarry) the same things happened as before with the darting between, spinning around me, staring in my face. When we got home we stayed up the remainder of the night trying to make sense of it and going over what had happened.

I have no explanation for happened that night and I am to scared to go walking at night anymore. The weird part is how it all went calm when we were in the quarry, then when we exited the quarry things got even more intense. It seems like that there was something we where supposed to do in the quarry or it couldn't follow us like before through that area for some reason. There could have been more than one ghost also as there was so much happening.

The main questions I have from this is why was the ghost spinning around me so often? Why was it in my face staring at me? And why couldn't I see it anymore, when I could at the start?

Was it trying to possess me, get energy off me, was it angry at me, did it recognise me from another life? I have tried to research ghosts spinning around people but have found no similar stories except for people being circled by ghost in bed which is different.

DREAM PART

I have had several dreams with this shadow ghost in since this experience but am unsure if it is just in my head or the spirit visiting me in my dreams. The last one was so real I'm not sure if it was a dream or real.

I was being held down in my sleep with the black figure on top of me. In my dream I struggled off my bed and flopped to the floor and crawled to my brother's room calling out, "Help me, help!" over and over. He came into my room and woke me up. When I woke up it was if I fell back into my body and I had a big evil grin on my face that I didn't feel was my own. (Like when I was crawling along the ground to his room I had left my body. Upon being awoken I fell back into my body.) He also said the next day, when we talked about it, that it looked like I was levitating and my body was all stiff.

The dreams could all be my mind, from the events of that night. Then again they could be as real as that night.

Well that's my story, any useful feedback would be appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, something789, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

something789 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
Thanks for the replys.

I don't believe I was levitating, I think it was more that my body was all stiff and un-natural for a relaxed normal sleeping position.
It felt like a out of body experience. When I awoke it was like I fell back into my body from above.

Yes it does sound like a "Shadow person"

I have looked into history of the area. Nothing on the quarry, there is some aboriginal heritage land in the area also the quarry is about 500 meters from a main road where the has been several fatal car accidents.
A guy got hit by a truck a few years ago on the road as you exit the quarry.

Not sure on why I was getting all the attention from this shadow person. Maybe I pissed it off or I could have some energy. I would love to hear of shadow people doing similar actions of spinning around people and starring right in their face to interpret what it was doing. I haven't been able to find similar acounts, especially as long in duration.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
something789, It could be this spirit took an interest in you, and may have followed you home. The dream part to me sounds like a possible astral travel. Because your body sensed stress from the encounter, so you left your body, searching for your brother to help wake you up. Its very interesti ng that you were conscious enough, while asleep to do that. But I also agree with Griff84, it could possibly be your subconcious playing a part in it, from the encounter on your walk.

You could possibly find some information, on the road and quarry you were on. It may help, put the spirit to rest.

Sincerely Spiritwaiting
MakoMF (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-25)
I'm not sure since when the Light and darkness can become friends, and those who manage to re-open their 3rd eye know very well not to associate with dark images. I heard you can help a spirit to crossover, but not someone who can grap and terrorize you in your sleep. Hence, they are called shadow PEOPLE. Is not just a spirit.
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
Sounds like the hat man, a type of shadow person and I can't think they are good no matter how many people say they have befriended one. The feeling of a struggle then doing a kind of roll and flop onto the floor was interesting, I have done this myself and struggled to get help only to find myself in bed, I have just had quite a lot of horrible experiences over the past year that had me suicidal. I'm going to write about them when I can. Too tired all the time. Good story x
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
That is very, very strange. Have you done research on the area you were walking in to see if something happened there in the past? I have no explanation for you, this even baffled me. I hope you can find some answers and do it safely. Thanks for sharing.
Shadowyne33 (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-22)
It seems to me that this shadow person was very agitated that you were passing through it's territory. And now it feels that it has the right to follow you home and mess with you. It probably needs help to pass on and feels that you can help him in some way. It may continue to harass you until you help it move on or it may go away if you ignore it and it realizes that you cannot help it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-22)
I agree with Griff that checking the history of the quarry and surrounding area is a good idea. Start with the time frame the hat would have been stylish in. Not big into fashion or fashion history, so I can't even guess when such a hat may have been stylish.
The behavior of the ghost is odd. It seems like it was paying an absurd amount of attention to you, but in a way only your brother and friend could notice. Perhaps it wasn't so much paying attention to you as drawing attention to you. It may have wanted your companions to take particular notice of you for some reason. It may have just felt you were in danger, or perhaps in an area it considered inappropriate for you? Whatever the reason, it almost seems to me that it wanted your brother and friend to watch you closely.
As to the dream, I think that could well have been the result of fear from the encounter. What you went through is pretty weird, and tough to put out of mind. I don't think it was another visitation from the entity, and I doubt you were truly levitating. He was probably pretty worried, and that worry may have clouded his perception. You may want to research sleep paralysis, as that could have something to do with the last dream experience. Its a normal and fairly common sleep disturbance, but it is scary if you don't know what it is.
CaitlanHarding (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Well that's interesting on my mums side of the family is witches and I am one not like casting spells but see ghosts feel there presents and more and there are bad and good ghosts but everyone has a third eye search it it's an extra eye between you eye brows and when it opens you can see ghosts a call ghosts see if a light coming from you so they go oo what's that and try to see so maybe your third eye is open you can get it forced closed cause my mums opened when she had me so she got it forced closed hope that might of helped abit 😉 😳
Niksterrific (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Holy Crap that story scared me to literal tears! When I get REALLY scared, my eyes just start tearing, I don't know why, I am not crying, but the tears just stream down my face in torrents. And this story did that to me! I thought being haunted in my own house would be bad enough, but for some reason, the story of this "Shadow Person" following you, and staring you right in the face... That really creeped me right out. I wish I had some advise of information for you, but unfortunately I don't, just wanted to let you know that your experience was an awesome read, Thank you for sharing! 😊
MakoMF (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Hi something789

I believe the term you suppose to search for is 'shadow person", not ghost. Here are brief descriptions of the entities as I understand them from my research:

Ghosts are spirits of dead people, usually appears blurry like in a smoke or an orb and can't interact with objects. Although we can at times sense them even when there isn't anything they can use to take formation, still they can't inflict physical injury to us since they often move through us without feeling anything. Ghosts, can be told to leave or show them a way to their graves if they have any. Or take their object of interest to the grave i.e. If the object is not the land or the house itself.

Poltergeist is the invisible, noisy entity which can interact with objects and enjoys torturing people by moving objects around. When it has reached it's fifth and final stage through energy it gets from your negative emotions as it provokes you, it can throw these objects around, from anything to the heaviest like beds and refrigerators. You get rid of it by treating the object/furniture is attached to it. Ignoring its presence also helps by denying it with your negative energy, it will eventually leave after sometime though.

Shadow person is exactly the entity you are dealing with. It is visible even at night and has physical propeties to interact with other objects as you described. It can grab you mostly when you are asleep. It moves very fast almost at the speed of light. Other people can set it at you to capture and steal your angels while you are asleep and leaves you open to attacks by other entities which your angels suppose to fend off. My advice is to get rid of it asap before your angel (s) becomes fallen one (s).
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Hi something789, welcome to YGS.

The first thing I would do if this happened to me is look for any accidents / deaths in the quarry. You say you saw a small top hat, which could mean it pre dates the quarry, so perhaps something happened on the land before, or even this entity was displeased at the quarry altogether. Also, maybe you have a strong energy about you that is cold feed off, hence you were the focal point of its attention.

With regards to the dream, this could have something to do with your experience traveling to the quarry, but I personally believe it is your subconscious creating a dream because of it. You say your brother thought he saw you levitating, but I assume he had just woken up and your room was dark as he entered, so this could have just been a his eyes playing tricks. I'm not saying this is defiantly what it is, it is just my initial thoughts after reading your post.

Thanks 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: