You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow In The Doorway And Haunted Neighborhood

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In The Doorway And Haunted Neighborhood

 

This begins when I was around 12 yo, and I was sleeping in my room with my performing dad.

I always sleep with my door closed, then as well, and I woke up about 3am and looked around in my room. Nothing unusual, performing dad at sleep, mom as well, but the door was wide open, which it never is until my mom wakes me up. So I sit up in bed and rub my eyes to see better, and from thin air a big dark shadow appears in the doorway and just stands there, and it filled up the entire doorway. So I say my mom's name and my performing dad's as well, but nothing, they're asleep.

That's when I start getting real scared, feel how my body start shaking and after maybe 5-10 sec I feel how I stop shaking and try to move my body, but can't, so I start to panic but realise that's not going to help. I take a deep breath and relax and feel my body loosen up. So I stand up, look at the shadow in the doorway and see that it hasn't moved but gotten eyes, white, glowing like. So while trying not to let the fear get hold of me I take a step towards it and see it fade away a bit, so I take another step, it fades away more, and when I take the third step it disappears. I go back to bed but feel something, a presence, until I fall asleep some hours later.

My apartment house has always been haunted, and the two next to mine as well, which brings me to the next story.

Me and a friend of mine who lives in one of the other haunted houses were out and walking and looked up at the third haunted apartment house, the window at the second floor in the middle street door, and see a little girl, not older than 9 yo maybe, walking straight for the window and disappears right in front of the window. We both see her so we freak out a bit, then we see her again peeping out of the window just a little bit, and really freak out, so we decide to go in and check, but nothing. She was dressed in an old white dress/night gown and black hair hanging down in her face so we couldn't see it. And who has that?

This was when I was 14 yo and this hasn't stopped either, but nothing like these two times. Things still happen several times a week, knockings, sounds, voices and things moved across the apartment, even in my own apartment, from day one I moved in.

I would really like to know what this is, but nothing done to me in particular has been to harm me so I wonder what it is. Almost everyone at my mother's side of the family has been able to see spirits and things like this, so I think that's where I got it from. Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrasilAndSweden, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kayandkeeks (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
I don't know if I entirely believe your story, maybe it was a night terror as someone has said previously, but I think its all just a little bit too "typical horror movie"
akash_patnaik (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-08)
dear admin... According to indian philosophy never try to involve in a paranormal activity during 12 PM to 4 AM... Especially 3 AM... The power of spirits is highest at 3 AM... And also check the history of that apartment... Believe me, it is true...
sahana1 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-08)
i think it is a ghost because maybe it has to be your dead friend, family member or one of your family member killde that girl. It's just a guess but I don't know. 😕 😐 😉
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
BrasilandSweden,
Im also asking the same question, what exactly is a performing dad? Is it a working dad, or a step dad?
The second, the buliding in which you saw the little girl, Was it an abandoned building? Or still being occupied by tenants? Did you search th. E entire building or only the floor in which you noticed her? Sorry I asked more questions than I intended. Its interesting.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
BrasilAndSweden: same question, what is a performing dad? Would he be a stepfather?

On your second story, have you considered the possibility of the little girl hiding away from the place you first saw her? After all you were on the street and she was on the second floor and she would have had more than enough time to go somewhere else by the time you had reached there.

Do you know the history of the land where your neighborhood is built?
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
Hi BrasilAndSweden, first of all, what is a preforming dad? I am unfamiliar with this term. Please excuse my ignorance.

With your first story, you say your mum woke you up, but when you sat up and called your parents names, they were still both asleep, was it defiantly your mum who woke you? I am no expert, but this sounds to be to be a night terror, perhaps you saw this dark shadow in a half asleep, half awake state, especially if you had just been quickly woken up from a deep sleep. I'm not saying it did not happen, this is just a suggestion.

With your second story, you say you saw this girl, who was on the second floor, I assume you were on the street outside? I have a young daughter, and she likes to play games all the time, especially hide and seek, could this just have been a child playing games, or even trying to scare you with their 'ring / grudge' appearance? Was this building derelict, as you say you went in and found no one there?

Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: